1 (edited by Jogib 2013-09-07 10:26:04)

Topic: Teeworlds on a Synology DS

Hey

I would like to know, if people would be interested in a tutorial on how to get a Teeworlds server running on a Synology NAS?

I have been fiddling around with it for a couple of hours and i had success with it - Server is running, i can join it, but haven't "stress" tested it yet.

But if no one needs a tutorial for it i won't make one smile

EDIT:
63 views and no reply's? I'll take that as, no one needs a howto do this..

Re: Teeworlds on a Synology DS

NAS servers are too expensive for me, and I guess for most teeworlds players. But when I'll have enough money, I'd like to try your work too. So feel free to write tutorial, anyways it's much better than nothing smile

Jogib wrote:

63 views and no reply's? I'll take that as, no one needs a howto do this..

I would like to know!
DS111

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I'm interested aswell

5 (edited by frecel 2013-09-08 18:47:03)

Well I've never played with Synology hardware but my understanding is that these are small linux settop computers full of hard drives. We could try to figure out how to make it run a tw server. Some info on what distro is running on your box would be handy.

So first lets proceed with the holy trinity of troubleshooting questions:
1. What are you trying to do? - "I'm trying to run a tw server" is not a good answer, I mean what commands are you running what flags etc.
2. What did you expect to happen? - I guess this one is pretty obvious
3. What is happening instead? - The more info the better

6 (edited by BotoX 2013-09-15 12:15:52)

You just need to compile the teeworlds server for arm
I have a build here for armv5(tel) http://botox.ath.cx/files/teeworlds_srv_arm