1 (edited by Aoe 2013-08-18 22:55:26)

Topic: app crash teeworlds

Ive bin having this problem for about 2 weeks and its really starting to piss me off :S. my teeworlds app crashes every 5-7 mins after opening
Ive scanned my computer with 2 diffrent anti virus and it found no virus at all.
I've watched tons of youtube vids but with no luck hmm.
Hope you amazing ppl can help me :*

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2hohjb9.jpg

Re: app crash teeworlds

What about normal Teeworlds client - does it crash as well?

#yemDX is a known troll

Sorry, but this is not teeworlds, it's ddrace. So this forum is definitely the wrong one. You need to contact the ddrace-developers.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Pikotee wrote:

What about normal Teeworlds client - does it crash as well?

Yes it does.

Perhaps your Teeworlds file is full of rubbish too much skins

I tidied up the thread

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

thx for censoring my offtopic question... really thx... great moderation (facepalm)

what about fesh downloaded teeworlds without any extra stuff?

Remove %AppDat%/Teeworlds (don't forget to make a Backup) and test it

Does it get enough RAM (I'm not sure whether this could happen nowdays)

#yemDX is a known troll

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2saayky.jpg

So yeah, it still crashes. ive deleted all the skins but it still does it. starting to think its my ram sad?

1. Close Teeworlds
2. Press Windows+R
3. Type in: %appdata%
4. Press Enter
5. Find Teeworldsfolder and rename it (e.g. TeeworldsX) this will be your backup
6. Try again

#yemDX is a known troll

Pikotee wrote:

1. Close Teeworlds
2. Press Windows+R
3. Type in: %appdata%
4. Press Enter
5. Find Teeworldsfolder and rename it (e.g. TeeworldsX) this will be your backup
6. Try again

after doing this, it crashed after 20 sec :S.

do you have skype, i could help you via it (just pm me if you have)

#yemDX is a known troll

i got this problem from two days and now i'm sick with this.
did anyone find the new solution?

I am not experiencing those bugs, but you may try this:

1. Download teeworlds code and compile the debug version (bam client_debug or just bam client, dunno now)
2. Run the binary with your favorite debugger, eg gdb
3. Produce the crash, then try to identify the source of the crash (try looking at the backtrace/stacktrace (or posting it here), eg via gdb the bt command)
4. 3 will point to a part in the code, look at it, try to understand what it does and try to understand why it failes. Then resolve the issue and tell us about it here

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Schwertspize wrote:

I am not experiencing those bugs, but you may try this:

1. Download teeworlds code and compile the debug version (bam client_debug or just bam client, dunno now)
2. Run the binary with your favorite debugger, eg gdb
3. Produce the crash, then try to identify the source of the crash (try looking at the backtrace/stacktrace (or posting it here), eg via gdb the bt command)
4. 3 will point to a part in the code, look at it, try to understand what it does and try to understand why it failes. Then resolve the issue and tell us about it here

I guess when someone ask for help, the appropriate answer is not "go fix the bug yourself with your favorite editor" smile

15 (edited by fallen.kn 2016-03-09 23:35:54)

Do you have got any problems with other games aswell?
If not, I guess it won't be your ram.
Could you try to reproduce the crash after typing in f1 following command "logfile log.txt" (without quotation marks)
and lookup the log.txt in your teeworlds folder for the last entrys?
maybe its going to say something before crashing.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and benchmarks.

fallen.kn wrote:

Could you try to reproduce the crash after typing in f1 following command "logfile log.txt" (without quotation marks)
and lookup the log.txt in your teeworlds folder for the last entrys?
maybe its going to say something before crashing.

I doubt the user can access the local console because the game crashes so fast, perhaps it could be put in the settings.cfg file (in the config directory)  so the command will run on startup.

privet

17 (edited by fallen.kn 2016-03-10 07:47:31)

Netherland wrote:

I doubt the user can access the local console because the game crashes so fast, perhaps it could be put in the settings.cfg file (in the config directory)  so the command will run on startup.

Maybe the local console does already not response and some entrys are missing, btw there would be missing entrys anyway because the local console won't say shit..
no need to put it into the settings because he have to reproduce it just one time for the logs to see if they say anything, and after the crash it wouldn't be saved.

sorry for the late reply
but i'm doomed now noting is working properly.
here's the thing now,
i'm searching about this appcrash last night and found an article
www.deskdecode.com/how-to-fix-appcrash-some-programs-has-stopped-working/
so, i tried as they said

Open the Startmenu and click Control Panel
Browse to System Maintenancethen System
In the left side, select Advanced System Settings
System Properties Window comes up. Select the setting from the top named Performance.
Select Data Execution Prevention.
Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
Use the Browsebutton to locate your file. I my case my internet explorer is not working so I’m searching for main internet explorer file and makes it in exceptions list.
Click Applyor OK .

after that it works just dont know why but my other some program's starts to showing this error too
plz help me out from this
i'm doomed now, from no where anyone's software starts to shows this error on the screen now.
thanks in advance

Instead of internetexplorer, select teeworlds.exe or ddnet.exe. A last resort might be to reinstall the operating system.

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

@necropotame sorry for my late answer.

No, that's lot the appropriate way, but it would help this thread much if we get reasonable error messages instead of "just crashing".... Just crashing could be anything... Wrong drivers, less ram, ram error, bug in the client, bug in the os, bug anywhere else (driver eg)

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

@Schwertspize reinstalling the os could really help and is as [pieLover] said the last resort.
And if other Apps are crashing too, it could be anything so it would be harder to fix this.

did you install new drivers?

What operating system are you using?
If you're using Windows 8(.1), you can use the "Refresh your PC" function in order to reset your system but keep all of your files (It's in the metro PC settings).

If you're using Windows 7, try looking if you have any restore points, if you have updates enabled, sometimes they will be made when you update your computer (You can either search, or go to the control panel; Go to system and security -> press system -> system protection -> system restore).
[img]https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfiles.com/BqwMA86Gr8qaP/restore points 1.png[/img]

If none of that solves it, reinstall all of your drivers, run a sfc /scannow (in an elevated command prompt).

Don't throw away your current OS, it's annoying to lose all your files, and hopefully useless.

privet

I got the same problem. Just kill the Skype smile since some updates, it conflicts with teeworlds sometimes. Also Teeworlds cant start during video calls.

Shahan wrote:

I got the same problem. Just kill the Skype smile since some updates, it conflicts with teeworlds sometimes. Also Teeworlds cant start during video calls.

Teeworlds devs should fix this then, but it's weird this never happened to me. I hope it happens someday so that we can fix it in the codes with some debug

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.