1 (edited by IcyPRO 2013-09-11 16:18:24)

Topic: [MOD] IcyDM - Kill others to get shielded! (Now with TeeGray!)

Hello, it's me Icy.
I came up with an idea for new mod called IcyDM and my dear Dune helped me start realizing it.
It's still in beta state though, but I think it won't be for long.

Before you play it or download it, you should learn the rules. They are quite simple and I even wrote them in picture form. That said, I wish you good luck lots of fun!

Official version:
Sources and binaries for the mod.

IC's edition (with Grenades, Shotguns, etc...):

IC's + Lowmaner's edition (with TeeGrey):

Rules:
There are no teams, every player is for himself.
Laser with infinite ammo is the only used weapon.

1.) In the beginning every player spawns with deep red color. Every player has one life, which means if they are hit, they die and respawn after second or two.
2.) The player who kills someone, changes color to darker orange and gains a shield for one hit.
- If the player kills another victim, he again changes the color to upper grade and gains shield for another hit.
- If the player gets hit, he loses his shield and color grade [to one lower].
3.) Players doesn't gain shields by lowering shields of other players... Only by killing them.
4.) The ultimate goal of this mod is to reach particular number of shields. Default number is 10 of them, as this number can be shown in top-left "shield icons" part. Once someone reaches this goal - the game ends and the person wins.

About TeeGray:
TeeGray is a tee that can kill anyone without mercy - just by one hit! No matter how many shields they have...
Only way to face him is to kill him or run away! His weakness is his defense, as he can't gain any shields.
(5% chance to spawn as him)

You can't kill yourself more often than 30 seconds.

Big thanks to: Dune, IC and Lowmaner - this mod wouldn't even exist without you guys!
Every support is appreciated! Thank you very much for you time.

Icy ~

----- ----- -----
Yeah, I am playing this mod few times a week with my friend, it's a lot of fun but I really wish more people would play this...

Anyway, would be anyone willing to add minor things to the mod, please? (it has nothing to do with the gameplay)
- When TeeGray would spawn play globally one of these 3 sounds: wp_ninja_attack-01; 02; 03.
- When TeeGray kills someone (who has at least 1 shield), make the person explode with wp_flump_explo-01; 02; 03 sound effect.
- When Tees are losing shields make them scream short pain effects (vo_teefault_pain_short-01; 02 ;03 ;... ;12) instead of long ones...

Thank you very much!
----- ----- -----

http://www.upnito.sk/0/mr644pguhqcnudn474pnkrtu82mbrrc3.png

http://www.upnito.sk/0/x3f4wfx9w7ry87wajnnj77ewde7ft3nm.png

http://www.upnito.sk/0/jkv77rb3ues8tp45439tat9vpfbag52r.png

http://www.upnito.sk/0/2qdvwkc34ujd9wpngesr4zxq63bfkfsb.png

Added!
http://www.upnito.sk/0/yn24mz38668c3p4r464b5kre8q8ks523.png

Re: [MOD] IcyDM - Kill others to get shielded! (Now with TeeGray!)

interesting mod , then people would gang up on the winning player.

Could be fun for a while, should be quick to make.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

4 (edited by IcyPRO 2013-08-09 00:10:56)

Broken wrote:

interesting mod , then people would gang up on the winning player.

You really believe, they wouldn't shoot each-other on the spot? I really doubt that. Also it's risky for them too, as they could provide more shield, isn't that true?
And after all, that's the point of fun, isn't it?

Dune wrote:

Could be fun for a while, should be quick to make.

Yeah, but I'm not capable to do that on my own...
But on the other hand I could make bunch of maps for that mod once it's done. Maybe bigger maps would be a better idea...

i like mods where you can make a comeback

There isn't a lot of reward on ganking a highly-shielded player since it only gives one level. Just making sure he doesn't win. Also 10 looks a lot, should be the amount of players * 2 or something like that.

Keep it simple.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I don't know. Without testing we can hardly tell how it turns out...

Looks interestesting.
I would play it.
http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/235.gif

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

9 (edited by 2013-08-10 12:01:51)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Looks interestesting.
I would play it.
http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/235.gif

Yes, I would play it all day long!

~
I'm checking this post 5 times a day, hoping for someone, that would be willing to create this mod.
After all, Teeworld doesn't have enough gamemods and lost plenty of good ones since the update...

10 (edited by 2013-08-11 01:13:51)

After all, Teeworld doesn't have enough gamemods

I'm not sure if everyone agrees on this point.

---------------

I'll try to see if I can get that done tomorrow, I've nothing scheduled and I'm out of things to watch.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Sources and binaries for the mod

I've coded something this morning, there might be some bugs left, but that should already be what you were looking for. There is no win condition right now - it's just the standard score limit stuff.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Really nice and easy to code idea. Hey, Icy, be that good - make this mod for us wink

Shahan wrote:

Really nice and easy to code idea. Hey, Icy, be that good - make this mod for us wink

Read the post ahead of you.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Shahan wrote:

Haha..
That hurts actually..

I would code 3 mods a day, if I knew how. That's how many ideas I have..
~
Anyway.. Thank you Dune very much for your time, I really appreciate it. I'm going to test it out right now.
Hope it's compiled...

15 (edited by 2013-08-11 20:53:55)

LOL. thanks dune i will try it out

ok we tried it out it's very nice but making it a regular scorelimit instead of so many shields makes the game different. one positive is that the game has a sure end (not as potentially long) but it's more like idm with shields.

Icy's original idea kind of forces you to get a good kill streak to win the game so the game could last a really long time but that's partly what made it interesting. Because to get 10 shields you have to not get hit for so long.

btw i called it zTag for now xD

16 (edited by 2013-08-11 21:28:21)

Broken wrote:

LOL. thanks dune i will try it out

ok we tried it out it's very nice but making it a regular scorelimit instead of so many shields makes the game different. one positive is that the game has a sure end (not as potentially long) but it's more like idm with shields.

Icy's original idea kind of forces you to get a good kill streak to win the game so the game could last a really long time but that's partly what made it interesting. Because to get 10 shields you have to not get hit for so long.

btw i called it zTag for now xD

Well, are you hosting server right now? I would love to join.

And yes, as you're saying, it's different when it's just plain score limit..
I just really gotta try it out with someone.

Dune wrote:

Sources and binaries for the mod

I've coded something this morning, there might be some bugs left, but that should already be what you were looking for. There is no win condition right now - it's just the standard score limit stuff.

Alright, firstly I wanna say - I like the name "zTag" .. It could actually be named like that...
Also I love starting with orange color - it seems very nice Dune.. smile

Now by all means, you seem to have all covered, but the score part..
Maybe, by my judging, stars are unnecessary when lowering shield... They should show up only when killing someone. Right?

Again, thank you a lot for your effort and time.. You made me so happy.. Hopefully it will reach some european servers too... ^^

The lack of game winning system was just because I had to go eat and had no precise idea how to do it. I'll do it soon.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

10 shields seems ok for all game sizes

19 (edited by Lowmaner 2013-08-11 22:03:27)

hi people, hi IcyPRO
I would like to take over the development. is that ok?

Dune if it still wants to do, I would of course like to help^^

Lowmaner wrote:

hi people, hi IcyPRO
I would like to take over the development. is that ok?

Oh.. Well, what do you mean by taking over?
Will you code my ideas or you want to change it by urself??

• You can do anything you want with the sources, that's why I released them. Don't forget KISS.

• I'll try to get the game ending system and the damage indicators fix done by this evening.

• Thanks for the feedback Broken, I'll leave it as is then.

• zTag doesn't really make sense. Are you sure you want to name it like this? Not like "IcyDM" is good or anything.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

22 (edited by 2013-08-11 22:11:06)

Dune wrote:
  • You can do anything you want with the sources, that's why I released them. Don't forget KISS.

• I'll try to get the game ending system and the damage indicators fix done by this evening.

• Thanks for the feedback Broken, I'll leave it as is then.

• zTag doesn't really make sense. Are you sure you want to name it like this? Not like "IcyDM" is good or anything.

Forget about the damage indicator... some people like it actually.. So keep it for now. ^^
About the name, well it should have something with shield maybe, and having Icy in the dame would be honoring!

Edit:
I'm going to think hard about some stuff right now..
Reply in 5 minutes!

AFter much testing, yea everyone agrees getting 10 shields to win is better.

24 (edited by IcyPRO 2013-08-11 22:21:15)

Alright Dune, here's some stuf:

- 10 shield to win is a good idea
- In scoreboard, show actual score of players - which means one point for one kill.
- In bottom-right corner show 2 players with highest shields (and their corresponding color)

- If someone would reach 9 shield, an announcing message should popup warning other players...
~
- Afkers should definitely be moved to spectators. That is a must in this mod...

That's all I got for now..
I will rename this thread to the actual mod name when I think of one ^^

Apparently I didn't remove the "dm" default gametype, so you need to type sv_gametype icydm till I fix this.

Edit: Note, the scoreboard is already the way you're asking.

Not Luck, Just Magic.