Topic: Any free server providers??

Hello,
I would like to ask if there is somewhere (if it even exists) something like a free or paid Windors server provider where I could host my own Teeworlds server. But I'm asking only for Windows server providers.
I wonder...

2 (edited by kittyPL 2013-07-09 04:34:35)

Re: Any free server providers??

Windows? Rly? There are some free linux vps (not joking, seriously), but why do you need windows? >.< Windows is a crap, if I wouldn't play games I'd deafinitely use linux (Wine Is Not Enough)... I can give you some links if you want. Also, I don't care if you believe or not smile

EDIT:
Well, why not to post it just here... Anyway, take it, its really free. Just register and follow instructions. No credit card, no paypal, no survey.

http://bit.ly/1aiSrvS <-- FREE LIFETIME LINUX VPS

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!

So from what I googled - there are no free Windows VPS servers (it seems)...

Windows? Rly? There are some free linux vps (not joking, seriously), but why do you need windows? >.< Windows is a crap, if I wouldn't play games I'd deafinitely use linux (Wine Is Not Enough)... I can give you some links if you want. Also, I don't care if you believe or not smile

He may have some binaries that only run only Windows or something, so while Linux is generally better for hosting servers, he may not have the choice.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Wine Is Not Enough for games, but its sufficient for servers in most cases. I think even teeworlds windows binaries should work well with wine :3

C++/Java my life ^^
NOW!

6 (edited by IcyPRO 2013-07-09 17:01:24)

kittyPL wrote:

Wine Is Not Enough for games, but its sufficient for servers in most cases. I think even teeworlds windows binaries should work well with wine :3

So u want me to install Wine AND host a server on it?
You think they would allow you to do that much?

Dune wrote:

He may have some binaries that only run only Windows or something, so while Linux is generally better for hosting servers, he may not have the choice.

Yes, that's exactly it...

Anyway, if you'll read this comment, could I ask you, why the animations (on latest version of TeeWorlds) aren't fluid as they used to be?

Anyway, if you'll read this comment, could I ask you, why the animations (on latest version of TeeWorlds) aren't fluid as they used to be?

I don't have this issue, check your FPS.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

I have 8-core cpu...
This game is running smoothly for me as much as it could, but yet, animations are choppy. It's weird.
And what's even weirder is that in map editor - those animations are smooth. Wth?

IcyPRO wrote:
Dune wrote:

I have 8-core cpu...

This doesn't change anything. Please check your FPS (cl_show_fps 1 IIRC).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
IcyPRO wrote:
Dune wrote:

I have 8-core cpu...

This doesn't change anything. Please check your FPS (cl_show_fps 1 IIRC).

Fck me.. My game is running on 900-1200 fps. I said that's not the problem. Only animation is low fps for no reason...

kittyPL wrote:

EDIT:
Well, why not to post it just here... Anyway, take it, its really free. Just register and follow instructions. No credit card, no paypal, no survey.

Note that you have to advertise it just like kittyPL did in order to get the VPS (if I got it correctly).

Brand new alternative :

http://events.teeworlds-stats.info/

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

kittyPL wrote:

EDIT:

lol i registered with some random bullshit and in the URL was all the info i put in, including password, plaintext

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Alright, so to move on with the question - is there any cheap Windows VPS? (and a stable one?)

15 (edited by needs 2013-07-19 17:29:04)

I don't know good Windows VPS. But considere learning the basic of linux, and how to install and run teeworlds on your server. Just because it's more stable, performant and far more powerful than Windows. Trust me and try.

To begin, try to run a linux in a virtual machine, play with it, open a prompt and learn basic commands like cd, ls, man, rm, mv, mkdir, nano and cp. Look how to install new software using command line.
And then, take a cheap server, connect using ssh and there you go.

needs wrote:

I don't know good Windows VPS. But considere learning the basic of linux, and how to install and run teeworlds on your server. Just because it's more stable, performant and far more powerful than Windows. Trust me and try.

To begin, try to run a linux in a virtual machine, play with it, open a prompt and learn basic commands like cd, ls, man, rm, mv, mkdir, nano and cp. Look how to install new software using command line.
And then, take a cheap server, connect using ssh and there you go.

Why can't there just be buttons to do all that gay command line stuff? That's why I hate Linux. If you can't do it with a button it's too hard and complex to figure out

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Your button costs a lot of ram, u know? Probably not. Well, anyway, that free VPS works for me and Its a good thing smile

C++/Java my life ^^
NOW!

Properly operating a Windows server is no easier than operating a Linux server btw. In fact, things like getting your server to start up automatically are even harder on Windows; or do you know how to add a Window service?
I generally recommend against getting a server if you have no clue.

A week ago I've found a free VPS service. I'm not going to advertise it, I'll just give you a link and say what I dislike here
1. You should wait for a week to get free vps with IPv4
2. Only 128mb RAM
3. It has some problems with internet connection, you should look their forums and fix the problems yourself.

I'm trying it for the first day, if I'll find anything bad, I'll warn you smile

On the other hand, I think this VPS is enough for 1 teeworlds server(unlimited bandwidth, but speed <= 10mbit/s; 10gb disk space). And by the way, it works fine with cloudflare.com+ dot.tk services.

IcyPRO: Why Windows? You don't know anything about Linux and would rather stick with what you know or is there some other reason? It's a serious question.

If you want to run any particular configuration, let me know. I'm using Linux on my server but I'll set up a free TeeWorlds server for you if you give me the config file. If you want to discuss any details, we can meet on IRC.

masked tee / florin.teeworlds@gmail.com