Re: [proposal] Steam for all platforms => Teeworlds on Steam?

Sounds good to me but regarding the whole issues of being open source and all that maybe they could put on the vanilla teeworlds on steam but also leave the open source version avaiable so that the client can be modded. Or find another way to have mods >.<

The site could then refer to either steam vanilla teeworlds or open source teeworlds. It's just that this game has so much potential and I don't think it has been fully explored yet and we need more people to do that.

52 (edited by Fifi 2015-06-07 19:59:56)

Now that it's happening, I become a bit worried - will the project still be OpenSource and moddable by changing the server source code? And how we will handle the influx of new players? To be honest, I started this discussion a long time ago, but now I'm not so convinced myself... after some time I started to think that changes are not necessarily a good thing (especially in almost perfect product, like Teeworlds).

If we stick to using Steam only as another way to download a game, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad... but anyway, I'm a bit worried. It's surprising how one's view of some problem may change over time. Also, from today's point of view, the topic I wrote in the past was extremly biased, so I repaired it as I could.

53 (edited by Dune 2015-06-07 21:02:38)

heinrich5991 wrote:

Note that making the game available on Steam does not change the fact that Teeworlds is open source and will continue being free and open source!

So, what do you think?

edit: seems like oy directly answered you

Closed topic, discussion may continue at https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11408

Not Luck, Just Magic.