Topic: Teeworlds dead?

I dont know why but since 0.6 i have the feeling the "Team" of Teeworlds stopped to develop it.

Just since 0.6 the amount of players raised down i guess.
Because there are more Servers than Players :/

I just want a answer from someone whats going to happen, will teeworlds be back alive like in the past? Or completely dead?

Re: Teeworlds dead?

Hasenpelz wrote:

I dont know why but since 0.6 i have the feeling the "Team" of Teeworlds stopped to develop it.

Just since 0.6 the amount of players raised down i guess.
Because there are more Servers than Players hmm

I just want a answer from someone whats going to happen, will teeworlds be back alive like in the past? Or completely dead?

The activity of the development team has very few to see with the activity of the players. I don't believe the number of players has dropped this much, has it?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Go to Irc...  nothing to do here.

4 (edited by Hasenpelz 2012-12-27 12:20:42)

Irc doesnt work for me i cant find Quakenet wink

irc.quakenet.org: Closing Link: leaper by xs4all.nl.quakenet.org (G-lined)

Hasenpelz wrote:

G-lined means you're banned on the whole network. You could ask someone if he gives you a bouncer.

Teeworlds's golden age has long passed,it's glory forgotten. It's slowly dying out...

Ok so there is more-less same number of players as before but I think that the activity of the community simply stopped... I don't see CWs that often,Teewit abandoned (last post in 2011),news are rare on teeplanet.
And a lot people are leaving TW for good.

Just as Doomsday comes for Earth,it comes for teeworlds as well...

P.S. Speaking of doomsday,the sky was pretty weird last couple of days yikes
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/547997_485541534831940_1962422455_n.jpg

Once in a century...

7 (edited by 2012-12-27 13:52:25)

Dont come with the world goes down theory big_smile

heinrich5991 wrote:
Hasenpelz wrote:

G-lined means you're banned on the whole network. You could ask someone if he gives you a bouncer.

What you mean with bouncer?^^

@DARK HUNTER
It's the end of the world!
Nice pic. btw.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Ok so there is more-less same number of players as before but I think that the activity of the community simply stopped... I don't see CWs that often,Teewit abandoned (last post in 2011),news are rare on teeplanet.
And a lot people are leaving TW for good.

You forgot the [DRAMA] tags.

This lack of CWs is simply the result of vanilla popularity going down in favor of other mods. This doesn't mean there are less players. It just means there are less players in vanilla. There's no way you gonna do clanwars on DDRace.

And about "news are rare on teeplanet", I think that's how it already was before I started to flood it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

10 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-12-27 17:36:19)

Dune wrote:

There's no way you gonna do clanwars in DDrace

I participate in teeworlds ddrace (and race) competitions daily ! (My clan :Mr.Bro, against other Ddrace /race clans.)

Dune wrote:

It just means there are less players in vanilla.

Sadly , that is true, but it doesnt mean ddrace is bad for teeworlds!

People learn to focus more , be more acurate and they learn you should never give up, even if you make mistakes.

And ... is that mordor ?http://i.imgur.com/TZ1gE.jpg

Teeworlds!!!!

Mr.Pinky wrote:
Dune wrote:

It just means there are less players in vanilla.

Sadly , that is true, but it doesnt mean ddrace is bad for teeworlds!

Well, at least, like previously stated, it's bad for competitive Teeworlds.

People learn to focus more , be more acurate and they learn you should never give up, even if you make mistakes.

What's the point?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

12 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-12-27 17:39:05)

So, that means ddrace helps people who are having trouble with vanilla!
If they would give up , they wouldnt be playing teeworlds...

Teeworlds!!!!

Mr.Pinky wrote:

So, that means ddrace helps people who are having trouble with vanilla!
If they would give up , they wouldnt be playing teeworlds...

No.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Fine, have it your way

Teeworlds!!!!

As i follow github repo, i see that teeworlds is alive and supposed to release 0.7. I'm looking forward 0.7.0, because i already compiled actual draft and liked it.

... Teeworlds will NEVER die... not as long as we stay loyal to the kingdom of little round buggers with guns... smile
I mean it only takes 50 players to keep a game alive.
But.. 7.0 Teeworlds must be some type of awesome since its taking them so long to make it..
Also, the skill of vanilla players have gone WAAAY down. I just jumped in a vanilla server (Moc CTF) and made a comeback for my team (there was 1 pretty good player, he was on my team) and me and that one player were the only people doing things... 1000 to 0.
And then I went in a dm server and.. EWWW.
They sort of sucked... (no offense! Sorry!) 15 to 5. But there are still some fun people to play with, and most of them have an account on these forums!

no

Moc servers are terrific tho, when will people realize noobs need a server where they don't feel uncomfortable... They have to start somewhere.... I've still never played you Kirby ^^

18 (edited by Kirbs 2012-12-28 23:14:00)

Yeah... I was trying to teach them rocket jump.. One of us could try to make a bot that talks to people when they come in the server, and is in spectators. When you first start the game, for the first time, you should auto connect to this server that guides you through the physics of the game, and where and how to use and put mods,skins,gameskins, and maps. Moc is brilliant, I played there when I was a noobie too. And i still play there. (That doesn't mean I'm not still a noob) This is preventing teeworlds from dying. Hurray for Moc servers!
@Broken: Waay back when, i saw you on a ictf server, and you were definitely the one to target and gang up on, but now I feel more comfortable when someone like you comes at me, all thanks to you big_smile

And yes, Mr. Pinky, that is Mordor's evil twin structure

no

19 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-12-29 10:13:52)

Lord Kirby [HDP] wrote:

When you first start the game, for the first time, you should auto connect to this server that guides you through the physics of the game, and where and how to use and put mods,skins,gameskins, and maps. Moc is brilliant, I played there when I was a noobie too. And i still play there. (That doesn't mean I'm not still a noob) This is preventing teeworlds from dying. Hurray for Moc servers!

Woa , never heard of a Moc server , gonna look for one now .

Lord Kirby [HDP] wrote:

I knew it ! Lets team up and kill that son of a b*tch !

Teeworlds!!!!

No I mean it's still a great game, and new players will love it. But it gets boring for someone who plays it a long time.

Mr. Pinky wrote:

I knew it ! Lets team up and kill that son of a b*tch !

My precious!!

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

No I mean it's still a great game, and new players will love it. But it gets boring for someone who plays it a long time.

Yeah.. I agree.. But even so, its still fun to pay visits to.

no

Lord Kirby [HDP] wrote:

Yeah... I was trying to teach them rocket jump.. One of us could try to make a bot that talks to people when they come in the server, and is in spectators. When you first start the game, for the first time, you should auto connect to this server that guides you through the physics of the game, and where and how to use and put mods,skins,gameskins, and maps. Moc is brilliant, I played there when I was a noobie too. And i still play there. (That doesn't mean I'm not still a noob) This is preventing teeworlds from dying. Hurray for Moc servers!
@Broken: Waay back when, i saw you on a ictf server, and you were definitely the one to target and gang up on, but now I feel more comfortable when someone like you comes at me, all thanks to you big_smile

I think these things can be taught in a wiki, maybe writing wiki can help both newbie and the community

I could write some tricks in that playbook smile

no

We need http://teewiki.info/ back sad

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

We need http://teewiki.info/ back sad

Webpage wrote:

The domain teewiki.info may be for sale.

Buy it, since noone else is going to.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte