Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

Sushi Tee wrote:

btw... the race auto recording is not working in your client (tested on fastcap)

Maybe you didn't enable the option? It works pretty fine on my client.

Sushi Tee wrote:

and the ingame menu fails... settings overlap the ghost tab... both is working in the original race client.

Fixed, don't know what was the problem.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

527 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-04-28 21:27:33)

Sushi Tee wrote:

btw... the race auto recording is not working in your client (tested on fastcap) and the ingame menu fails... settings overlap the ghost tab... both is working in the original race client.

It is working for me oO (Windows), records automatically when the game mode has RACE in it.  Every time you press a button fast after connect it crashes (excluding the times when it just crashes after map load).
He mentioned in the first post he fixed the overlapping smile.

EDIT: Oop, didn't see what dune wrote.

see here: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8510 … 823311.png
is not fine at all wink

and i tested auto recording on fastcap gametype... not race and the function was enabled (double checked cuz i was wondering)
i tryed the version provided in the first post ^^

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee wrote:

see here: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8510 … 823311.png
is not fine at all wink

and i tested auto recording on fastcap gametype... not race and the function was enabled (double checked cuz i was wondering)
i tryed the version provided in the first post ^^

It's not fixed now... it will be in the next version, recording works fine for me... actually I think that's causing the crashes... it still could be the ghosts, I don't know sad

The green changelogs are not what has been done in the last released version, but was is already implemented for the next planned version. Therefore, when you download the binaries on the first page, do not expect to see the improvements from the "About v4.1 - What's already done" section.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

531 (edited by Dune 2011-05-03 22:08:28)

Released v4.1!

I've been working a lot on the gamer those two last weeks, and I proudly present you a new heavily-improved version!

What has been done
> Ported Copy-Paste
More info here

> Added colors system for chat
More info here
http://teedune.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/text_colors.png?w=412&h=441

> Fixed game tiles shower properly making them showing teleports and speedups
More info here

> Ability to tell your relative position (red/blue base, middle)
http://teedune.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ctf1.png?w=540&h=370
If you find yourself in the red or the blue area, the bind will say in teamchat "I'm at the RED BASE" or "I'm at the BLUE BASE", else "I'm at the MIDDLE".
Use:

bind x send_position

More info here

> Changed the chat highlighting system now highlighting the edge of the letters in place of the body
More info here
http://teedune.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/highlight.png?w=352&h=87

> Added ability to see player IDs in the scoreboard
Original idea

> Implement the automapper from LordSkelethom
More info here

> Made the editor 'sexier' (resized a bit everything)
This comes from the Lord's github pull request.

> Strict gametype filter
Patched from this heinrich's pull request.

> Choupom's ingame APM counter
APM stands for Action Per Minute, an action is everything (mouse click, key pressing, etc...) except mouse movements.

> Fixed a lot of bugs with the clan name
Some really weird things happened with the clan name when using cl_sendclientinfo 1, fixed that;

> You now need to press Ctrl as an additional key to the mousewheels to zoom in/out as a spectator

> When using gcolor, hands and feet are now colored too.
http://teedune.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/tee_mal_aime.png?w=195&h=132
http://teedune.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/tee_bien_aime.png?w=162&h=121

> Fixed fastcap bugs and crashes on map change to RACE
The gamer should not be crashing anymore.

> Ported the overall stats system
If you were using the gamer stats in 0.5.2, you'll find them on 0.6! Nothing changed on that side, but it was a big port.
http://duneudne.free.fr/source/gamer_screenshots/stats.png

> Fixed weird button placements in the ingame menus
The CallVote button and the Ghost button really were in a weird position.

> Added shortcut system for the menus browser
Ctrl+R to refresh, Tab and Shift+Tab to travel through the tabs.

Downloads
Windows pack (.rar)
Windows pack (.zip)
Mac pack
(This includes the binaries and the additional data stuff, unzip it in your usual teeworlds folder, and merge subfolders)

Sources (.zip)

Enjoy a lot!
Dune.

Edit: found a bug, client was crashing on CTF game ending, fixed that and reuploaded (22:04)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

532 (edited by Trollitito 2011-05-03 21:30:44)

You deserve this my first post Dune: Thank you!

To be honest, there is no Teeworlds for me, only Teeworlds Gamer. I was loving the 4.0 version (much as i loved it in 0.5.1) and only missed the stats system, now you not only add that, as you add lots of other things too. Is way better play teeworlds with this client than the normal one. So, again, thanks for your excellent work. smile

EDIT: everything seems working good except 2 things. If i'm in spec and i zoom-out more than X times, it will be kind of graphical bugged, although, this isn't important for me, it's only a notification. Another one is... I don't find the Client ID option? Maybe i missed it, but i don't see it anywhere (supposing i need to tick it in settings -> general?). Anyway, it isn't important neither. Just another additional note: would it be possible the send_position be more specific? Like, Red base, Blue base, Middle, Middle Up, Middle Down (maybe Up left/right, Down left/right?)? I'm just wondering, not asking for it. Really really great job. Thanks again.

@Dune
Here is the 4.1 Mac version: http://eigan.no/tee/teeworlds-gamer-4-1/

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

534 (edited by Dune 2011-05-03 22:04:19)

Trollitito wrote:

EDIT: everything seems working good except 2 things. If i'm in spec and i zoom-out more than X times, it will be kind of graphical bugged, although, this isn't important for me, it's only a notification.

gfx_clear 1. When zooming out a lot, you may see out of the background, that's why it causes this bug. Using gfx_clear 1 will force the client to print a "critical background".

Trollitito wrote:

Another one is... I don't find the Client ID option? Maybe i missed it, but i don't see it anywhere (supposing i need to tick it in settings -> general?). Anyway, it isn't important neither.

You're right, I forgot to add a checkbox for that. Use the command:

cl_showid 1
Trollitito wrote:

Just another additional note: would it be possible the send_position be more specific? Like, Red base, Blue base, Middle, Middle Up, Middle Down (maybe Up left/right, Down left/right?)? I'm just wondering, not asking for it. Really really great job. Thanks again.

It would be possible to set this up without any problem, I simply need someone to give me the coordinates of this on every map. But I don't think this is really needed.

@MertenNor: Thank you!

Edit: found a bug, client is crashing on CTF game ending, fixed that and reuploaded (22:04)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Both gfx_clear 1 and cl_showid 1 did the trick, thanks. smile

About the send_position, i usually play on ctf5 and that's why i asked if it were possible like that, but i agree with you: it isn't something really needed.

Keep the great work. smile

Am I just blind or isn't in your client the laser-colour-change-function? Would be nice if you could implement it into the next version smile
But now: Really nice work...I love your client smile

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

nice Dune, i like copypast big_smile very-very cool!

DøñE wrote:

Am I just blind or isn't in your client the laser-colour-change-function? Would be nice if you could implement it into the next version smile

Wups. Gotta do this for the next version. Thank you for the notice.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

hey dune ,
can you add something to the map editor maybe try to make it easier to make a map and faster
just some features it's just and idea maybe you can do something with it smile

and i really really like 4.1v nice work keep it up big_smile

<3

540 (edited by Dune 2011-05-04 12:18:59)

T2 wrote:

hey dune ,
can you add something to the map editor maybe try to make it easier to make a map and faster
just some features it's just and idea maybe you can do something with it :)

Hum... tell me which features? Your suggestion looks a bit like: "I have a suggestion: make your client better. Maybe you can do something with it :)".

@Done: Just finished porting the Teecomp laser color system btw :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

okay thx smile I'm waiting for the next version wink

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

http://i53.tinypic.com/11wd6v9.png

Red sqaures: able to rename the group.
Blue sqaures: able to rename every layer on the group.

i get verry stucked finding the right layer i need maybe it's an nice feature to have it named how you want it so you can find out fast what group/layer you need to work on or with (just an idea)

// the map you see is a sneakprevieuw of my upcoming map for this topic: T2 does race

T2 wrote:

Red sqaures: able to rename the group.
Blue sqaures: able to rename every layer on the group.

i get verry stucked finding the right layer i need maybe it's an nice feature to have it named how you want it so you can find out fast what group/layer you need to work on or with (just an idea)

// the map you see is a sneakprevieuw of my upcoming map for this topic: T2 does race

The idea is nice, the implementation isn't. The generated .map wouldn't be compatible with other clients, or it wouldn't be saved into the map.
I could try to put the image name right next to the Tiles, but there wouldn't be enough place.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

544 (edited by Trollitito 2011-05-04 18:22:09)

I think i found 2 little bugs but i'm not sure.

"> When using gcolor, hands and feet are now colored too." - When i'm using gcolor, it changes the color of hands and feet of my tee and all other tees too, so, i guess it was supposed only change our color?

"> Ability to see who's using the gamer in the scoreboard and the server list" - Besides this one be part of 4.0 already, it always worked until now. I don't know why, but when i join a game, it doesn't show the G (i checked if the option is ticked and checked if cl_sendclientinfo was 1), but it's strange because it always did, except now. I tried close the client, changing the options, etc, but i never see the g again.

It's not big deal though, just a little report. smile

Trollitito wrote:

"> When using gcolor, hands and feet are now colored too." - When i'm using gcolor, it changes the color of hands and feet of my tee and all other tees too, so, i guess it was supposed only change our color?

Oh, damned, you're right I completely failed. I already fixed it. Thanks for reporting.

Trollitito wrote:

"> Ability to see who's using the gamer in the scoreboard and the server list" - Besides this one be part of 4.0 already, it always worked until now. I don't know why, but when i join a game, it doesn't show the G (i checked if the option is ticked and checked if cl_sendclientinfo was 1), but it's strange because it always did, except now. I tried close the client, changing the options, etc, but i never see the g again.

Did you ever see it on any other player with 4.1? (Scroll the server list and look in detailed stats by example).
Check gamer_icon.png is in the data/ folder. Also, have you got a clan name? Try removing it, then writing it again.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Did you ever see it on any other player with 4.1? (Scroll the server list and look in detailed stats by example).
Check gamer_icon.png is in the data/ folder. Also, have you got a clan name? Try removing it, then writing it again.

Hmm, when the G was working (at morning it was, only at afternoon it wasn't) i remember see another player with it (and he saw mine), and i tested the text colors and so on. When the G is gone, i didn't see anyone with it yet (guess didn't found).

The gamer_icon.png is there (i downloaded the client 2 times and replaced the files just in case).

But i think it's because the clan name. In 4.0 version, i had in clan name X (X is example, i used an arabic letter or something), but in 4.1 since you fixed it, i delete it. Then i noticed appear only a "." in clan name, so, i just add 2 spaces in clan name and it's gone. I'm not sure, but i guess it was when i do this that the G is gone. I can't test it now, but tomorrow i will try something in clan name or just delete all to see if the G reappears.

Just in case: my nick is arabic characteres (maybe not arabic, but something weird), just saying in case it can be something about that (but i doubt since it always were like that and it worked).

compiled 4.1 for linux, all the files needed to run the binary are included
http://ubuntuone.com/p/quI/

hi, the 4.1 very good!
I have a request that it add a Chat tool, found in the client "teeworlds_pack"
http://i53.tinypic.com/2ihay9w.jpg
is very useful because many players as I have a little big name, when someone writes my name use an abbreviation, so it does not activate the "special sound and color distaque"
  and with this tool, I can add all possible Abbreviations of my name big_smile

my Art :]
I'm from Brazil -  help of Google-Translator

549 (edited by Dune 2011-05-05 09:24:27)

JAOzera |BR| wrote:

hi, the 4.1 very good!
I have a request that it add a Chat tool, found in the client "teeworlds_pack"

is very useful because many players as I have a little big name, when someone writes my name use an abbreviation, so it does not activate the "special sound and color distaque"
  and with this tool, I can add all possible Abbreviations of my name =D

People can use "Tab" to get your exact nickname (I personnaly never highligh in another way), so even if you're named ~#BLA#& Jâzõera they should be able to highlight you :)

compiled 4.1 for linux, http://ubuntuone.com/p/quI/

Thank you!

all the files needed to run the binary are included

Well, no they aren't, you only included the standard data files from Teeworlds. Re-uploading that now :/

Gamer 4.1 for Linux, with the missing data files

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune, about the G thing, you were right: it's about the clan name. First, i join a game with 2 spaces in clan name (to not show the ".") and no G. Then i deleted the spaces, join again and G appears. Not big deal for me, i will just use something in clan name.