Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

In sources of teeworlds 0.5.2, file src/game/client/components/controls.cpp, function con_key_input_set
there is:

*set->variable = console_arg_int(result, 0) ? *set->variable = set->value : 0;

It works, but I think it should be:

*set->variable = console_arg_int(result, 0) ? set->value : 0;

327 (edited by etam 2010-03-05 00:56:51)

And another one:
in file src/tools/crapnet.cpp, function "run" should return something or its type should be void.

the first one is allready fixed... well pls dont post bugs in 0.5 code since there allready is a new refactored version in trac.
If you know c++ pls look into the refactor code and send in patches to fix the bugs there wink

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Teeworlds skips starting and leading special characters, eg. name "{« ©ØMPا£ × K£¥ »}" is recognized correctly, but "« ©ØMPا£ × K£¥ »" is seen as "MPا£ × K" when I enter server.

330 (edited by Lanta 2010-03-09 15:44:35)

lamefun wrote:

Teeworlds skips starting and leading special characters, eg. name "{« ©ØMPا£ × K£¥ »}" is recognized correctly, but "« ©ØMPا£ × K£¥ »" is seen as "MPا£ × K" when I enter server.

Yeah... in old 0.3.x (and 0.4.x too, if I'm right) version it was ok.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

331 (edited by Deleted User 2010-05-14 06:24:20)

Somebody send me a python script which just creates a simple datagram socket and sends the string "damn" to the server. This crashes any Teeworlds 0.5.2 server but the revision 2333 is unaffected. I have tested other variants and figured out that the crash only appears if any 3-5 byte string is sended.

If somebody is asking why I'm making this public: Many software developers doesn't fix critical things if there is no pressure (the fix in revision 2333 but not in 0.5.x is very suspect but maybe this is just a hap).

Edit: After looking in the changeset and the sourcecode I saw that the bug is already fixed in the Teeworlds 0.5.3 pre-release (revision 2009). But the fix is over 5 months old and there should be already an official version after such a critical issue.

Making this public is stupid anyway; you see that it is fixed, and if you want to protect your server you can apply the patch manually. You cannot affect how often developers make new releases, and I wouldnt consider a DOS attack in a game server critical.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

if you want to protect your server you can apply the patch manually.

I looked into refactor, revision 2333 and didn't see such a bug fix. Does anyone know how to fix that ?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

if you want to protect your server you can apply the patch manually.

I looked into refactor, revision 2333 and didn't see such a bug fix. Does anyone know how to fix that ?

Look at least at the third patch here: http://www.freelists.org/post/teeworlds/some-fixes

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Thank you ! smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

My server is spammed with this kind of size < 6 connless packets even when there aren't any players on it... wouldn't be any problem with the masterservs ? hmm

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I don't think that the master-server have something to do with that. I guess they mainly store a list of valid servers and (must) provide that to everyone (so we can connect to them and play). However that way even a attacker can get this list and use it for attack. If you register too small connless packets and your server is still running it seems the patch works wink - Don't worry. No connected player does not mean nobody would crash your server. There are hundrests of teeworlds server. If you are an attacker would you crash them all manually? I think it would be easier to use a script that do the work - and why should that care about the active players. In my opinion the only thing that master-servers can do here is to hide the server list to known bad IP-addresses. But most servers would have a static IP and an attacker can get it easy way from another IP. So I think there is nothing to do on the master-servers at all but the teeworlds-servers must be pachted.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Mo2 wrote:

If you register too small connless packets and your server is still running it seems the patch works wink - Don't worry

I don't worry about that, just worry about who sends those packets.

and why should that care about the active players.

Nah, I just thought to send info to the server you have to be connected... but right, the server also accept packets from unregistered users - forgot this point.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hello everyone.
It's been awhile since I have been on here so if the suggestion I make has been made, just down this comment.
Okay, I have noticed many times that there is this weird phenomenon that happens when two or more tees pile up on each other. The top tee flies up, then slows down to fling to the left. This phenomenon is best experienced when you are in a sever with 0 gravity and the tees run into each other... It's weird and I definitely don't think the makers meant for this to happen.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

This is a bug due to excessive force added to the tee.
Stacking tees makes this happens cause sometimes they come to close to each other, so they repulse each other strongly.

Anyway, that doesn't explain why the tee is doing such a thing

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

btw, in hopes of people not making the same suggestion like others, can this topic have a list of found bugs like how it's done in [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Hmm if I can find some spare time I'll see to it that this get's done. Currently it's a bit busy over here though.

Idk if this has been posted yet, but:

If someone playing in D.M. says something in teamchat and someone else is spectating, the spectator can't see their message on screen but if they go into rcon they will see the message they said using teamchat. Since teamchat doesn't really mater in D.M. because there isn't any teams, this bug is very insignificant but I wanted to report it anyhow.

344 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2010-06-09 22:50:53)

in Gamecontext.cpp:

str_format(aChatmsg, sizeof(aChatmsg), "%s called vote to change server option '%s'", Server()->ClientName(ClientId), pOption->m_aCommand);
 str_format(aBufKick, sizeof(aBufKick), "%s called for vote to kick you", Server()->ClientName(ClientId));

Shouldn't it be:

str_format(aChatmsg, sizeof(aChatmsg), "%s called for vote to change server option '%s'", Server()->ClientName(ClientId), pOption->m_aCommand);
 str_format(aBufKick, sizeof(aBufKick), "%s called for vote to kick you", Server()->ClientName(ClientId));

________
EDIT: Sometimes when a tee is spawning i can see the character, how it is set from topleft to the the spawnpointposition. seems to be a problem with the snap of the character, it shouldnt show the tee before the position is set complety, or somehow like that. (you can see it at best on little maps like ctf1, if their isnt that much action^^)

Another issue for server-hoster:
Their is no way to remove a set password from the server [server-password, not rcon], without restarting the server.
Correct me if im wrong hmm

Zeratul wrote:

Another issue for server-hoster:
Their is no way to remove a set password from the server [server-password, not rcon], without restarting the server.
Correct me if im wrong hmm

password ""

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Now there are a lot of clone bots in game.
I mean sometimes one person enters game and has about 8 players at once. He gets total control over the server(nobody can kick him and he can kick anybody).
I think this problem can be fixed

This is called multiclient and this is already fixed in 0.6.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I am not sure if anyone posted this yet, but this seems between minor and major.

When you shoot the rifle a too far distance, without it hitting anything, the laser does not show up.

alias wrote:

I am not sure if anyone posted this yet, but this seems between minor and major.

When you shoot the rifle a too far distance, without it hitting anything, the laser does not show up.

i can ack' the appearance of the bug. But I have not noticed yet if the cause is right.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!