1 (edited by MertenNor 2009-04-20 12:45:27)

Topic: [IDEA] some ideas for 6.0 !

Hi..

I have made some pictures of some ideas I have for teeworlds 6.0 

http://bildr.no/thumb/393412.jpeg

and

http://bildr.no/thumb/393409.jpeg

what do you think ?

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

2 (edited by iTod 2009-04-20 12:53:01)

Re: [IDEA] some ideas for 6.0 !

I think, this isn't necessary, these infos could be given already on the sever list...like this:

http://honoroftees.ho.ohost.de/demo2.png

I know, it's very unclear, but I hope, you get the point...

I put in a scrollbar (I hope, that's the english word...):

http://honoroftees.ho.ohost.de/demo3_small.png

I'm sorry for my spelling mistakes, 20% of my fingers are thumbs...

Most of this information is already present in the server info, although in a really basic way.

When you join a server with a map you don't have, you know that it'll start downloading that map. This doesn't need another box requesting this. If the size is too big or the downloading too slow you can always cancel. And under Server details it shows how far the game has progressed. The ping is already shown for each server, no need for an extra menu.

Although it would be good to see this information it should not be as extra menus which would cost more time to click through. It could be shown somewhere on the server list though.

Too much confirmations will be annoying, but adding the map name when downloading would be cool.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

I'd just like a "Next map" screen. (A, not THE!)
So you can see "Do I like this map? Is it worth downloading?". Something like:

Next map:
       PocramWorld

4,5MiB/5MiB
            [Close]

As you can see, I used MiB instead of KiB. This should change, if it reaches 1000KiB OR if you click on it. Maybe. smile

- Pocram

» Use the Search-Function before asking questions!

Here is a really big idea:

Account System

Yeah i think its difficult, but maybe you can add this in 1.0 or something like this.

The next is, that you can enable and disable the public chat and team chat.

The thing from iTod is great!

Greetz Bunny

Keep cool!

The account system is already planned

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

Oh yes? Guess what, Howbout this. There is a function in the filter, where you put the max amount of KiB you want to download, and it removes all above that number? Great, huh!

hehhehehehehehe.

lolwtfcoookies98 wrote:

Oh yes? Guess what, Howbout this. There is a function in the filter, where you put the max amount of KiB you want to download, and it removes all above that number? Great, huh!

Not really. It'd require the server to send more info, and the master alot more, which would make the refresh time people for some reason are whining about longer.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

How about...chat ???
I mean chat room without joining some game...

My eng isnt perfect...

Tex_Vex wrote:

How about...chat ???

How about #teeworlds @quakenet?

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Why? I thought that chat is a good idea smile

My eng isnt perfect...

We have a IRC Chat already!
If u dont understand him!

Greetz Bunny

Keep cool!

Tex_Vex wrote:

How about...chat ???

As Landil said, there already are IRC-channels where you can meet new friends and talk about Teeworlds. smile

For more information about how to connect to IRC, check TeeWiki for a list of nice channels and good stuff to know. Wikipedia is another good place to look. Cya there. :]

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

15 (edited by Tex_Vex 2009-05-01 14:48:12)

Kk then, but i got an another absoutly stupidiest idea in my life big_smile (srry) how about Achivments???

My eng isnt perfect...

Tex_Vex wrote:

Kk then, but i got an another absoutly stupidiest idea in my life big_smile (srry) how about Achivments???

Not now. There's way not that much content to do this.

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

How would it be that you can rotate tiles to 90° ?

Sry for my bad english , im german smile

Hello, i want a STOP REFRESH button, i want to see some sprites when bullets (pis, shot) hit smthing, i want to see poligonal leveling (like in Elastomania), want to see more phisics interactions( destroyable objects(or non destroyable but movable, esp. with hook) , i want dev to add roll move . Roll will be the best feature after hook - hook is the up feature, roll is down. And i want a machinegun for flag runners. Its really stupid - you always flag with Def weapons because all weapons are Def.

Imho, dont beat me. oO

-------------------
Bad english from Russia

Hello, i want a STOP REFRESH button, i want to see some sprites when bullets (pis, shot) hit smthing, i want to see poligonal leveling (like in Elastomania), want to see more phisics interactions( destroyable objects(or non destroyable but movable, esp. with hook) , i want dev to add roll move . Roll will be the best feature after hook - hook is the up feature, roll is down. And i want a machinegun for flag runners. Its really stupid - you always flag with Def weapons because all weapons are Def.

Good Ideas!    
I have another idea: Slant surface in the map editor

Friendlist ?? big_smile

My eng isnt perfect...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Here are some ideas:
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Faster Mapdownloads (not only with 5-20 kib/s) and maybe the downloadspeed and a statusbar like:

Downloading map . . .
    Map name: xyz
    Size:  256/500kib                   (<= after 1000 kib is the value in mb like 1.5/5 mb)
    Download speed: 50 kib/s
    Time left: 0min 5s

[###################____________________]      (<=the status bar big_smile)

[cancle]
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Add bots to a server to play alone and to train. (Like in CS: Bots have to learn a map and this will
                                                                               be saved in %mapname%.nav files in the map folder)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Voice chat with a headset, but then you have to connect and players like saying in chat /id and 
        then /voice %id%. If he wants to do voice chat he says /yes if not /no.

// Many people are not knowing how to start a server so there has to be something in the client,
    like "Create server" and "Find Server".

// Use not only PNG files in the editor, PNG files are very big so jpeg would be better.

And a question: Are mods from 0.5.1 working in 0.6.0? If not is there a tool to convert them?!?

I don't know if the quality of .jpgs is that good to play with them? And png is getting lesser and lesser in time, now it's already possible to make a .png smaller than a .jpg (convert to lesser colors and so on)

About the status bar: I think it' just something which turns more loading time - the text like it now is is great enough. But a faster mapdownload would be really great ;D

About the server: Well if that is, most servers wouldn't be full anymore or? Cause everyone wants to host and to play the "Admin" ;X^^

Tee-Project - Website coming soon... [http://project.tee-city.net]

good ideas you two

24 (edited by grummi 2009-07-21 15:26:21)

KillaBilla wrote:

Here are some ideas:

// Faster Mapdownloads (not only with 5-20 kib/s) and maybe the downloadspeed and a statusbar like:

Downloading map . . .
    Map name: xyz
    Size:  256/500kib                   (<= after 1000 kib is the value in mb like 1.5/5 mb)
    Download speed: 50 kib/s
    Time left: 0min 5s

[###################____________________]      (<=the status bar big_smile)

[cancle]

Downloadspeed depends on the server. On some servers it is really fast.

// Add bots to a server to play alone and to train. (Like in CS: Bots have to learn a map and this will
                                                                               be saved in %mapname%.nav files in the map folder)

The developers already said there won't be bots

// Voice chat with a headset, but then you have to connect and players like saying in chat /id and 
        then /voice %id%. If he wants to do voice chat he says /yes if not /no.

That is very complicated. You can instead use Teamspeak or Mumble.

// Many people are not knowing how to start a server so there has to be something in the client,
    like "Create server" and "Find Server".

That is already planned

// Use not only PNG files in the editor, PNG files are very big so jpeg would be better.

JPEG doesn't support transparency.

And a question: Are mods from 0.5.1 working in 0.6.0? If not is there a tool to convert them?!?

No and No
*Edit*
Mods aren't officially supported. So the developers won't care about compatibility of all the mods.

aka cheesy

No and No

hmmm, i would love it wink

and i have an other idea: sometimes i open a map with editor to fix it. and then i forget the name and cant save <.<.
so, it would be good to see the mapname in the editor ^.^