1 (edited by Tom 2011-07-10 21:17:47)

Topic: Teeworlds Server Creator(0.2.1.beta)for tw0.6 (dm idm ddrace...)

Hello,
I am currently working on a Teeworlds Server Creator
that anyone can create a Teeworldsserver at TW 0.6.
I would be happy about some testers
because I need criticism and suggestions and also good meanings big_smile.

Instagib an is supported, I hope it all works, please write when you find a problem, thx.
My tests have worked.

Finally the popular DDRace mode is supported.
There are not so much settings at the moment, but they will follow ^ ^, I’ve tested it and it worked.
If there are any problems please send me via PM and then I try to remove them as quickly as possible.

sincerely yours
Tom

Current Version: 0.2.1 (10/07/2011 7:00)
Features: Server Mode: Normal (dm, tdm, ctf, mod), Race(DDRace) and Instagib (idm, iCTF, itdm)!
There is also a map converter to convert TW 0.5 DDRace maps to TW 0.6.
Please write to me here in the forum when you find a bug thx ^ ^
and pls give some reviews , so that I if it is good or not. The Creator should make it possible for everyone  to create a TWserver.

NEW: -Run the Server on only one Button click
         -You can write your own settings like 'sv_chat_delay 10', when you click on Professional Button
         -All in English (pls write me mistakes, I'm not the best big_smile)
         -You can Extract it wherever you want
         -clearly Folder^^

If the Server didn't wants to run, pls look if there is the correct map.     
Download Link:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-357 … 1.zip.html

(I work with Win7 Ult. 64Bit)

Source Code:http://www.file-upload.net/download-3573943/SourceCode.zip.html
I’am sorry but I can’t speak/write English well.
GERMAN:  http://teeworlds-community.de/viewtopic.php?id=285

Please Post your Meanings here and if there are much people interested in, i would make an English Version first and with your help i would make it in more and more languages

Re: Teeworlds Server Creator(0.2.1.beta)for tw0.6 (dm idm ddrace...)

2 downloads and 4 votes
*trollface*

Has a crippled face.

3 (edited by Dune 2011-07-09 16:36:25)

I don't get the point of having a dozen of server creators, few things changed from 0.5 to 0.6, with few minor tweaks one could get the old server creator working.

Also having to extract to the C:\ folder is... by far not the best thing. Ah, and you should try to develop multi-platform.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Ok, thank you for your tip.
I try to make it so, that you can extract it everywhere you want.
But it will takes more than 2 weeks (I'm sorry) because I have holiday and there I'm away from home.
mfg
Tom

5 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2011-07-09 20:19:55)

Sorry but i dont like it at all.
I didnt even want to use it after i extracted it:
1. Extracting to system root
2. No Sub-Folders, means you are confronted by 100001056289167 files and applications
3. German...GERMAN!!? It's nice that you like your culture, but this is the internet. Speak english and code in english, english words (about programming, gaming, pc, IT, whatever) sound stupid when you translate them.
4. Missspellings (e.g. "Schneller Respwan bei Selbstmord")
5. Bad translation (Message of the day != Serverinfo, etc etc)
6. Confusing set up ("Pfad zu den eigenen Dateien: C:\User\???"; "Link zum Teeworldsserverstarten(Pfad bis in Teeworldsordner fehlt")). Just pop up a window when using your tool first time, explaining this stuff, that i know what to do know
7. I dont see any reason using this. Tbh it would take more time to set up a server using THIS tool than using the autoexec-file+doubleclicking the server-app.
8. Only few mods are supported. Why cant you programme, that the user can integrate other mods. Means you can choose as Server Type "Other" and write the "Extra Einstellungen" as simple commands, like in autoexec.
9. I didnt even managed to run the server with your tool.

Btw:
mfg means "Mit freundlichen Grüßen", it isn't english. Use e.g. "sincerely yours" or "kind regards".

Tom wrote:

But it will takes more than 2 weeks (I'm sorry) because I have holiday and there I'm away from
home.

Its done when its done. wink

AND: pls remember:

Tom wrote:

because I need criticism and suggestions and also good meanings

Nothing more, dont feel offended.

Edit: Pls provide your source code as guarantee that it is no malware.

OK Thank you Slayer, i will work on it. But sry English isn't my language but i will Translate is as good as it goes.
sincerely yours
Tom

Tom wrote:

But sry English isn't my language

english isnt your native language, but as you are programming IT stuff, you should use english.
You can implement more languages, but default should be in any case english.

Slayer Thank you,
it is hard, but yet I can make it better.
I've found solutions for your Problems, and the next Version should be much more better

sincelery yours
Tom

I tested 0.2.0-beta, and my first impression is that it looks more user-friendly now. You improved some things, thought many stuff still left to be done.

1. When you are using headwords (e.g. in "More settings"), you should decide if you use captial letters or not. Dont mix 'em up
2. Use small letters for nouns (e.g. "chat", "respawn", "player")
3. Some settings arent working (e.g. "Laserjumps") [thought i didnt test more]
4. Still some confusing descriptions (e.g. Instagib ictf: "Time before the fight starts (sec)" ??)
5. Own Data Folder Directory: Why do you need to know this? If you want to have access to the appdatas, you can use %appdata% as path (im not sure, but it should work)
6. Why do you save the settings in %appdata%? Better would be to save it in the folder of your application
7. You have to install it to the teeworlds-folder. I prefer to use different folders for each applications. Maybe you can workaround this issue with a path-variable, so the programme is working everywhere. (Or include the needed files from the teeworlds folder to your datas)
8. When you have to integrate your app to the teeworlds folder, you shouldnt name your data folder "data", better would be "tsc_data" or sth like this, so you dont need to integrate it into the data folder of teeworlds.
9. "svr_dat" should be renamed to "srv_data", shouldnt it?
10. Include auto-saving when you hit "Run Server".
11. Still no way to run a different mod than instagib or ddrace.
--> Server Type: "Other" -> Pop up window "Path to your server-application" (or below "Own Dat File Directory")

10 (edited by Tom 2011-07-10 16:47:58)

I'm sorry but I can't can make all in this short time, I will work on it, and i think i make a text file because of languages, that there can be integrated the languages.

sincelery yours
Tom