1 (edited by Mutant 2010-07-22 18:30:47)

Topic: [MAP] Colosseum (ZOMB)

Hi all,
I tried the Zombie-Survival-Mod, and it's awesome!!
So I decided to create a map for that mod.
I used the jungle-tilesets as layout.
The map is created for up to four players.

Feel free to host it somewhere, I would play with you! big_smile

Name: Colosseum
Gametype: ZOMB
Mods: Rajh's ZombieMod 1.1 (http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4269)
Version: 1.1
Size: ~260Kb
Download: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 650#p69650
Screenshot: (V.1.0)
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1812/colosseum.jpg

Version History:

1.1:
- bugfixes
- adjusted collision
- added custom trees to the background
- added animated corona to the sun
- minor archi-changes

1.0:
- first public release

Re: [MAP] Colosseum (ZOMB)

its nice...but form the screen, i couldnt tell that the center thing was a platform. you're good! keep mapping.

@alias,
thank you!! wink
And yes, the center is a walkable platform.

4 (edited by Mutant 2010-04-13 17:39:41)

Version 1.1 has been uploaded. I added a custom-tileset, so the size has been increased moderately. big_smile
Also I noticed that you can reach the upper part (Zombie-Spawn) of the map, so I did some adjustment there.

Enjoy, and host it somewhere!! big_smile

Nice map but zombies go down only by falling.

Mouny

PS: And we can still go to the zombie spawn by rocket jump wink it's impossible to prevent players to go there, or almost..
Anyway, nice map and keep going.

Mouny

hm good =]

Sorry my bad english big_smile
Translate through google yikes

7 (edited by Mutant 2010-04-14 13:06:57)

@:Mouny,
yep, players can still reach the top, and so I adjusted the collision there (added unhookable as collision, instead of normal), so that the player cannot endless hook up into the sky. smile
You're right the zombies come down by falling (there is no damage for that I think), and sometimes two zombies got stuck at the top, but you can easily shoot 'em up there! wink

@Ecoz,
thanks! smile

PS: Played it yesterday, and our team got 496 kills. big_smile

dont like it, looks like a camper-map. or can the zombs go into the base?

@Zeratul,
the map is designed, so that the zombies should not get into the base, but they CAN, if you don't watch out.
Call it like you want, but I think a base where the zombs cannot reach is ok, open maps are rly (too) hard. big_smile

yeah so just make every challenge to something noob-simple, but whats about the fun, if you just have to camp and shoot out of it with the grenade launcher without any difficulty? *yawn*
the idea of zombie was that you have to kill them before they can reach your base, what would cause the losing of your team. but if they cant reach the base...fail

11 (edited by Mutant 2010-04-14 17:08:43)

Hm..yeah, the prob. is that Colosseum is no "Tower-Defense-like" map, where the zombs have to walk a long way to the base; they spawn above, fall down and here they are...
Even if I increase the bottom only by one tilerow, the zombs will reach the base with a double-jump.
-> Every zomb reach the base, and the map will become impossibly hard.

But I will test that out, how it will be with more players! Thanks for feedback, anyway. wink

pls re-upp sad