Re: [INFO] All about Bots

Zeratul wrote:

but whats about players with the name [bot] to be "cool"? (coz maybe the think that?)

These kind of players should be kicked anyway, it's their own stupidity that they are mimicing one of the most frowned-upon things in Teeworlds.

Failuree @ Quakenet

the idea from "greantea" is not only good for bots...
with an injektion you can do more^^
my brother often bots in teeworld^^
so i have linked the shutdown function to the teeworld client.
if my little brother starts a bot the computer turns off^^^

i would like to make a bot what isn´t a bot.
someone download it and than there is a .txt file (readme) near the bot...
there you say that they shouldnt use the bot.
if they use it, they can play 5 minutes and after this they can read "Connecting Problems" and until this the "bot"-bot will delete there teeworlds folder....

is this legaly?

28 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2009-10-05 14:57:50)

mmmh, who will download and use this bot?

29 (edited by Tom94 2009-10-06 16:07:58)

Definitly would be a funny idea.
Though I would rather create a working bot which after playing 1 minute with it:
#1 Changes your name to "[bot] name"
#2 Spams in chat that you bot
#3 Reports your ip to a central server which stores the ips
#4 Mess up the config so teeworlds won't start / casnt do other stuff anymore.
#5 Do all those features so you don't see anything of it and give a reason for closing teeworlds. (e.g. "Error: Winsock bla bla etc")

Though as I don't see a big reason to do it, I will not create something like this.
Also I don't like lying to people (however they might deserve it).
Anyways, just ban botters... Currently they usually can be detected pretty easy.
Also the anti-[bot] script bans lots of the noob botters. smile

~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://monkeystyle.xooit.com/
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

Well - Actually it could be usefull to put that fake bot everywhere and claim it as a normal tw bot.
That would make it harder for the botters to find a real working bot.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

There are a couple things that could probably really help the bot issue.

First, the use of signed binaries would put a real bottleneck in the bot expansion. It would, however, probably require that client and server exactly match in version.

Second, bots are a player problem, not a problem with Teeworlds. Conveniently, since it is a player problem, it can be solved by the players. Get involved with the admins on your favorite servers. The Teeworld devs could help this by setting up something where players could server as mods (a password protected status).

The best people to fight this issue are the people who are afflicted by it. Let's get to work!

-Infamy

*shakes!

32 (edited by buffer[] 2009-11-04 14:25:06)

"First, the use of signed binaries would put a real bottleneck in the bot expansion. It would, however, probably require that client and server exactly match in version."

Did you even read Teeworlds source ?
There is already a nethash generated in the compilation, to match gamecore an other inportant files version between server and client. The point is, it can be faked.
As long as Teeworlds would stay open-source , there won't be such anti-bot protection, cause they can be removed.

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

I have a question. Is there a new spinning bot that is running around?

I've seen many players that are really good aim, (mostly with the laser) but the spin around all the time. I'd get dizzy doing that, so I was wondering what would possess them to do that all the time? Or is my hunch correct? >:o

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Well, there are some people aiming very good while spinning (just quoting Lord and Bärli).
About bots, they work whenever you spin or not. No need of special program to spin.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Well, there are some people aiming very good while spinning (just quoting Lord and Bärli).
About bots, they work whenever you spin or not. No need of special program to spin.

Then, do they have bots but the spinning is just a cover up for their robotic aiming? neutral

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

I don't know all types of bots, but if it shots automatically when a player is looking at an opponent, that would help for sure.
Moreover, even if it doesn't hide sudden comings and goings of bots that shoot the nearest guy, that add confusion to his global moves, and so can cover him.
One of the best ways to know if he's botting or not is to look if its moves are as good as his shots.

I hope beeing clear.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Excuse me, i want to tell more about aimbots. No, even about anti-bots smile
Yes, aimbots is like a cheating. But... There are not only stupid aimbots. Stupid aimbot will fire directly to the enemy only. It cannot use reflections, it moves his gun to the enemy side, it can be detected very easy. Also there are aim-on-fire bots. You need to click your left mouse button, and only then aimbot will set aim to the enemy side. These bots cannot be detected so easy as simple aimbots, but they are stupid too. And now i want to tell about clever aimbots. They are not really aimbots and it will be better to say "firebots". These bots will shoot every time when any enemy will be on fire line. Of course, you cannot kill so many enemys as if you will use stupid aimbots. But these "firebots" can use laser reflections.

Please do not encourage people to use such wicked cheating software. // ~{MS}~ Azon

kaddy wrote:

but i made one... and it was cool  So, if you want to say "why there aren't anti-aimbots?", think first about these "firebots"  As i said, nobody can detect that it's a bot.

i hope with "it was cool" you mean that you deleted this bot and didnt give it to some1 else? <.<

It's not in any way cool, and you merit the ban as much as "stupids" botters.
Your aimbots are pure cheat, and even if they don't frag as much as normal bots and are - to you - undetecable, they are still wholy egoist (I won't tell more about all adjectives used for botters).
And this "firebot", as you call it, can be detected too.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

40 (edited by Lanta 2009-11-20 16:57:49)

kaddy wrote:

But these "firebots" can use laser reflections and nobody can detect it. I never read something about these bots, but i made one... and it was cool smile

This phrase make me laugh... how can, an aimbot, a fully c++ coded modified client, use laser reflection? That means that this "software" would analyze the map, calculate angles... would predict enemy movements... would check if enemy is "on line of fire" and so on... a thing like that... require too many calculating operations... (and we'll probably see a client with more ping that have an high score... easy to detect).
think only about Zbots (you have coded...), full software automation, server based. They can shoot "on line of fire", like u said. But they can't use laser bounce.
Btw, I know you are a rly good developer, and you are the coder of the z-team client too... impossible is nothing... now we know why Z are so good with laser tongue And, btw, they are playing, actually, at a really low level. Or are you improving them, server-based? Server based would be easier to create a laser-bounce.

So... in a few (friendly) words... if you made such "fire"bot (but I can't believe so)... delete it... delete sources... destroy your HD and put it on fire...
nothing more to say.

Oh yeah, another thing... i'm sure now all noobs will ask you on the forum about your code... so please don't anwer them... (or are you stupid like them?)

Btw, I can't believe one (may) make a intelligent (instagib) bot and posted here the news, on the official forum. I think a ban should be the lower punishment... xD

Please do not discuss moderation in public, instead use the Report function to alert moderators when there is something they should know about. // ~{MS}~ Azon
Message understood. I usually do it, but when I read something like this... xD Sry Azon, and keep working like this. You are the best smile // Lanta

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Hello guys,
I love play iCTF mod (especially on Huh Server) but i am very annoyed and angry because there is more and more bots on this server or this mod. I think that it is very appalling because this mod is cool and funny. This people are boring and they split fun game with others people...
How can we let down this application?

Mad is totally mad
Mad from a lovely french team called |ZPote|

Do you really think what you've seen are bots ?
There are few real ones, some people are just skilled. I see so many people calling bot noobs.  Be careful about that. wink

How can we let down this application?

That isn't simple, and even seem not possible, to some people. There are many discussions about that, but up to now, there is no anti-bot code.

So... in a few (friendly) words... if you made such "fire"bot (but I can't believe so)... delete it... delete sources... destroy your HD and put it on fire...

Nothing to add neither smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Lanta wrote:
kaddy wrote:

But these "firebots" can use laser reflections and nobody can detect it. I never read something about these bots, but i made one... and it was cool smile

This phrase make me laugh... how can, an aimbot, a fully c++ coded modified client, use laser reflection? That means that this "software" would analyze the map, calculate angles... would predict enemy movements... would check if enemy is "on line of fire" and so on... a thing like that... require too many calculating operations... (and we'll probably see a client with more ping that have an high score... easy to detect).
think only about Zbots (you have coded...), full software automation, not human. They can shoot "on line of fire", like u said. But they can't use laser bounce.
Btw, I know you are a rly good developer, and you are the coder of the z-team client too... impossible is nothing... now we know why Z are so good with laser tongue

nothing more to say.

I'm sorry Lanta,
but it's possible hmm

Bots can fire when they see somebody on line of fire.
Bots can find bounces, and with this 'firebot' it's easier...
For the ZBots, I was in charge of use bounces, but I didn't do it since it was needing to much calculation (not so much actually, but ZBots take already a lot, and it was kind of useless 'cause they play vanilla).
Fortunatly, good developers don't make such stupid things.

The only way out is be smarter and do not use stupid bots ...

44 (edited by Lanta 2009-11-20 17:40:38)

buffer wrote:

For the ZBots, I was in charge of use bounces, but I didn't do it since it was needing to much calculation (not so much actually, but ZBots take already a lot, and it was kind of useless 'cause they play vanilla).

So... also a client require a lot of calculation... and we'll see his ping and lags...

buffer wrote:

Fortunatly, good developers don't make such stupid things.
The only way out is be smarter and do not use stupid bots ...

Like we said... you are a good developer... but you've done it... hmm
Are you (you, kaddy and all the z-team) smart, at least? smile

Lanta wrote:

Are you (you, kaddy and all the z-team) smart, at least? smile

I've done it ?
It's not because I know it's possible that I did it -_-
Anyway ...

buffer[] wrote:
Lanta wrote:

I've done it ?
It's not because I know it's possible that I did it -_-

Maybe not you, but...

kaddy wrote:

i made one... and it was cool smile

(you, kaddy and all the z-team)

ZPotes are wholy differents than Z... Z just fake with "Z - Bot".

So... also a client require a lot of calculation... and we'll see his ping and lags...

As buffer said, ZBots were near to be laggy, and the feature was a bit useless, then it's not implemented.
On a client, that may be possible without a 200 ping... I just don't know how well it will work with the bounce delay.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

(you, kaddy and all the z-team)

ZPotes are wholy differents than Z... Z just fake with "Z - Bot".

Ops... confused them antoher time tongue

Uh.
1. You're not understood me smile This "firebot" cannot aim. It can only to fire when any enemy is at shoot line. So it cannot be named "aimbot". And that's all! smile
2. Also, Z-Team bots were parents of ZPote bots wink You can see it in this forum topic: http://xenon.clanbb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=58 ("Lite" is my other nickname).
3. And I never said that my bots are good. They are really stupid ones smile And I stopped developing bots about half year ago.
4. Besides, I never play with aim or other "cheating" bots. It's not interesting and you cannot show your game smile I made bots because I was interested in it, not for cheating.
5. My hard disk was crashed down with my sources, so don't worry about it smile

50 (edited by LordSk 2009-11-27 14:38:50)

It is 'ZBots', not 'ZPote-bots', thats totally different because ZPote don't use any bot smile.

buffer wrote:

Indeed buffer, but we did a great optimization work and now, they should use less cpu than before.
ZBots will be back soon though.

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds