1 (edited by Dune 2017-03-26 13:47:20)

Topic: [TEESKIN] Default teeskin SVG.

hey there!
happy to say that im finally home and ready for work.
at 1st i wanna post a svg of a defeault skin,'cause many ppl are having problems with the structure of the skins.
everybody can use it,u dont need to give any credits.
New Version:(and last))
Download.
p.s. if somebody feel himself offended,tell me.

Chi11y: I stickied, cleaned up the topic a little bit and added a mirror without waiting time, I hope that's okay with everyone.
heinrich5991: 2015-09-07: Created backup link.
Dune: fixed typo in link

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Re: [TEESKIN] Default teeskin SVG.

I tryed to open the file in Adobe Illustrator CS4 but it just crashes wen I try to open the file.. lol

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

inkskape...?

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Idk why he used inkskape, but I put it in to a png.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/flowerchild7777777/DefeaultxD.png

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

everybody are using inkskape to do skins,this should just be a beginning of a skin.
u dont need to have it as png, it would be pixxely.
so i uploaded it in svg.!-.-

Cant someone upload it in .fla format ore something.. ?

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

This is so useful it's sticky smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

About the whole SVG - PNG thing...

SVG's were originally used for logos, banners, etc. These things often need to  be resized and having to redraw it would be a real pain. SVG's were used because their scalability allowed them to be resized but not become  pixelly.

PNG's on the other hand are simple images. For a Teeworlds Skin, which never, ever needs to be resized, PNG's can do the job, and all SVG's must be converted to PNG's in the end.

It all comes down to your personal preferences and which program you are more familiar with. I'll make it in .fla format soon

<? php echo "Magix"; ?>
------------------------------------------------
Tee-City <--------- The one Teeworlds site to rule them all!

uum...
there have been a new version, a long time ago, but i had no time to post it...
But now its here!
Download the SVG.
Btw. Some people doest seem to understand, for what it is. Well, I will try to explain it: If u have Inkscape, and uv watched Lappis tut, and thought: "OMG, I just cant get a perfekt foot, and the body background shape isnt propotionall, what should i do???!"- U have to download my Svg, this file contains a completelly ready white tee, who is just waiting to get painted and become some attributes.
Looks like this;
http://i46.tinypic.com/16blvm1.png
In the new version, I fixed the eyes, Made better legs and made the shadow on the body bigger. why? Because it looks nicer like this, AND, with the help from dynamic offset, I made the shadow stay exhactly near the body outline. That means, that if you wanna change the shadow not into black, but green, then it doest lie on the stroke.

I forgot to mention: now, when downloaded the SVG, I ask to change the background black body's shape outline to 4,5,   the legs and hands' bg shapes outline should be 2,5. That makes the skin more thin and interesting.

Your new default SVG is better then older default SVG.
The cute eye is a lot of better because they are round and not spiky. wink
But the hand is not good because they have a smaller shade as the older skin.

The Messenger wrote:

I forgot to mention: now, when downloaded the SVG, I ask to change the background black body's shape outline to 4,5,   the legs and hands' bg shapes outline should be 2,5. That makes the skin more thin and interesting.

Does this mean that if you have like other parts added onto the body will you have to move them or change their size?

A.K.A.: Icedrake. My Tumblr is located here: http://icedrake.tumblr.com/. Please visit and leave comments or constructive criticism. wink

The image you posted has a size of 234*116 pixels, it looks like you have exported it wrong. The picture must be 256*128 pixels wink

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

It seems like the image is cropped. Its size is not 256x128 as it should be.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

15 (edited by SephN6 2010-05-08 10:34:02)

Magix wrote:

About the whole SVG - PNG thing...

SVG's were originally used for logos, banners, etc. These things often need to  be resized and having to redraw it would be a real pain. SVG's were used because their scalability allowed them to be resized but not become  pixelly.

PNG's on the other hand are simple images. For a Teeworlds Skin, which never, ever needs to be resized, PNG's can do the job, and all SVG's must be converted to PNG's in the end.

It all comes down to your personal preferences and which program you are more familiar with. I'll make it in .fla format soon

SVG'S is a shorter word for SCALEABLE VECTOR GRAPHICS file, so it's correct,

Messenger, can you make a gameskin like this? big_smile

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

The body is Not round.

Silence wrote:

The body is Not round.

[+]

--Topic--
Well, I Kinda Like it, But not so much, as the eyes are too round, and as silence said, the body isnt round.
But usefull thx.

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

18 (edited by The Messenger 2010-06-18 14:56:44)

Update.
Seems that there were some small fail that could be removed. Done and done.
Download.

Messy nab spelled "default" wrong. shame on him! Oo

a Million thanks!

20 (edited by Neo 2014-06-13 03:45:28)

---

Thanks for the tutorial. I will be making a skin. big_smile

"The will of the GRDI spreads here!"

Well, this is pretty interesting. I should try to make one tongue

You should try to follow the rules!

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

You should try to follow the rules!

Wow, that's really helpful dude, since this is sticky it doesen't matter if he bumps it.

The funny about this signature is that you
don't realize until now that it's a useless signature
but it's too late to stop reading.

I'm.. Well not Very Sorry that I am Using this Old Post, but it's sticky... So what I decided to Ask was Kind of Like Uh... Idk I can't download it. It just Redirects me somewhere Else. Sorry If i'm Missing the Obvious.

Italic text