Hearts - 17
Shields - 18

Grenades - 4
Rifles - 4
Laser - 1

Intended for 3 v 3.

Download

Re: [MAP] ctf_moondawn

Gah! Nice. Pretty Cool Looking! Can't wait until I Find a Server with this Map on it.

Italic text

Nice map Nilaya! Hosting on Lone Star CTF, Lone Star Custom CTF and the Ambience Clan Server.

I have yet to try a 3v3 game on it, but from what I can see the base looks like a good camping spot... Its very wide open, so using grenade launches are helpful.

Nater smile

I can't say for sure till I tested it but the ceiling seems to be too high. You can just hang there and shoot down to the deffer. I don't think that you can play a 3on3 like that. I'm not sure if there should be so much space where the unhookable parts are. Maybe you could spread the spawns a bit to the other stages of one side.
All in all there is seems to be too much space but I will test it later.

[21:15:20] Tom-d1ed: das ist ja mal so
[21:15:21] Tom-d1ed: extrem schlecht

CartmanxX wrote:

I can't say for sure till I tested it but the ceiling seems to be too high. You can just hang there and shoot down to the deffer. I don't think that you can play a 3on3 like that. I'm not sure if there should be so much space where the unhookable parts are. Maybe you could spread the spawns a bit to the other stages of one side.

I have played several games on it now and I agree with you 100%. The spawns seem too close together and right at the base. But if that's what Nilaya wants, then it doesn't matter. smile

I'm glad you noticed exactly what I was aiming to do with the map cartman. How very perceptive of you. smile

In fact my inspiration for this map came from thinking about what would happen if you built a map with a really high ceiling much higher than the floor. In order to maintain the height advantage if you wanted it you would have to continuously hook. But notice also how horizontal the ceiling is as well so what speed you have initially coming in or out of a base is what you will have all the way across. There are some pretty fun high speed chases across the top of the map. Also, it is a larger risk attempting to hook the player down from the ceiling because if you miss you will fall down and lose all your speed. Originally I wanted to build the ceiling even higher but considered that it might be too drastic of a difference from more familiar maps.

Second, the unhookable sections at the bottom are there precisely to act as traps of sorts. They were originally designed as pits like the one in DM6 but that too was scrapped in favor of a less drastic approach. Still, I wanted those areas to be battle grounds should you be able to draw the flag carrier down into them. There is a lot of space for the purpose of giving two good players the ability to fight it out without being constricted too much by tight walls and getting blocked by teammates.

It definitely produces interesting game play which I'm not sure if it works well or not. I really wanted to do something original for a change where most maps these days seem to all end up like clones of each other. I've made many other maps which I don't all post here but believe me when I say that I think this one feels like a good one.

And there I go posting another wall of text. tongue

Nilaya wrote:

I'm glad you noticed exactly what I was aiming to do with the map cartman. How very perceptive of you. smile

In fact my inspiration for this map came from thinking about what would happen if you built a map with a really high ceiling much higher than the floor. In order to maintain the height advantage if you wanted it you would have to continuously hook. But notice also how horizontal the ceiling is as well so what speed you have initially coming in or out of a base is what you will have all the way across. There are some pretty fun high speed chases across the top of the map. Also, it is a larger risk attempting to hook the player down from the ceiling because if you miss you will fall down and lose all your speed. Originally I wanted to build the ceiling even higher but considered that it might be too drastic of a difference from more familiar maps.

Second, the unhookable sections at the bottom are there precisely to act as traps of sorts. They were originally designed as pits like the one in DM6 but that too was scrapped in favor of a less drastic approach. Still, I wanted those areas to be battle grounds should you be able to draw the flag carrier down into them. There is a lot of space for the purpose of giving two good players the ability to fight it out without being constricted too much by tight walls and getting blocked by teammates.

It definitely produces interesting game play which I'm not sure if it works well or not. I really wanted to do something original for a change where most maps these days seem to all end up like clones of each other. I've made many other maps which I don't all post here but believe me when I say that I think this one feels like a good one.

And there I go posting another wall of text. tongue

Well theres my answer lol. I think I made my post about 5 secs before yours... tongue Great map Nilaya!

Nater wrote:
CartmanxX wrote:

I have played several games on it now and I agree with you 100%. The spawns seem too close together and right at the base. But if that's what Nilaya wants, then it doesn't matter. smile

Lol, Nater. big_smile

Having all that space at first I thought there would be an advantage as the attacker making an easier escape. The spawns being close kind of leveled the playing field IMO. After dieing while deffing I would come back right where I was. All in all I thought playing 3vs3 worked well and no one was screaming "team hooker" wink  I don't know I'm not the best critiquer and I have never mapped but I enjoyed playing it  and it was something fun and new so thanks. smile

I thought the gameplay was fantastic; different and interesting, yet strategic. Very good flow.