1 (edited by Benutzername 2019-12-30 01:33:19)

Topic: [Tileset] soar

https://puu.sh/ENjaG/e0fa3eee1c.png

UPDATE: I completely revisited this tileset and tried to make the look a tad more... teeish.

I highly suggest using the tileset in combination with jungle_doodads because frankly, without plants it looks rather pale.

Re: [Tileset] soar

Teeish, Good Colors, nicely drawn, simply amazing! good work!

The funny about this signature is that you
don't realize until now that it's a useless signature
but it's too late to stop reading.

Looks good but I dont like the death tiles (:

Once in a century...

4 (edited by AwayD 2011-11-17 19:41:07)

Nice tileset!
I've took my time and made a .rules file for your tileset.
It works fine as long as you don't do 1 tile wide structures.
Place it in your data\editor\ folder and make sure that your tileset is named soar.

Here it is. //outdated

5 (edited by Benutzername 2011-08-03 23:15:12)

Thanks Guys!

@AwayD: Thats really nice of you - Thanks! I didn't even know about that auto-mapping stuff and had to look it up.

AwayD wrote:

Place it in your data\editor\ folder and make sure that your tileset is named nyiaah.

Yeaaah.... about this - I reuploaded the tileset to my own webspace because i wanted it to have the name i want it to (which is "soar") and not the name tinypic gave it. (ny..something)

If it's not too much work, could you change the name in the rule-thing? I don't know anything about this stuff, so i can't really do it on my own.

Edit: Thanks!

ok, i guess the refreshing time of mediafire is a bit too long but the point is, the .rules file has to be named like the tileset itself.

class!

Higgidy Hi)
The tileset is great, the colors the way its all so perfect... I really like it, [+]
There is one thing that bugs me tho... I guess its not important)

I'll show you Kuzma's mother!(c)Nikita Hrushev
DarkMarta - Artist. cool
Rise up, and dont you fall down again... Rise up, its time we break the chains.

I find it difficult to see what tile I can stand on and not. And the shadows of the Säulen is strange.

Sorry for my bad englisch. Im German. :-) :-) :-)

nice smile

no, that's not nice. This is utter kagg. The perspective is wrong and the colors do not match. Why he does not like gray tiles on the foreground and the background? You can actually see anything.

Thanks for the feedback!

DarkM wrote:

There is one thing that bugs me tho... I guess its not important)

Tell me, maybe it's something i could change. There is always time for improvements. smile

I find it difficult to see what tile I can stand on and not.

Tiles you can stay one (or at least that was i was going for maybe someone wants to use it in a different way): Green-beige, beige-beige and gold-gray, which are supposed to be the unhookable tiles. The gray tiles with the bigger bricks are meant to be the background tiles (as you may have noticed because there are windows for these tiles)

The perspective is wrong and the colors do not match.

Tell me how to screw up the perspective in 2D sideview game?

and the colors do not match.

Well, thats highly subjective, isn't it? I think the colours are fine. If you have any alternate ideas, feel free to share them with me.

Why he does not like gray tiles on the foreground and the background? You can actually see anything.

Not sure what you are trying to tell me - You are the first persons that has problems to distinguish the background tiles from the foreground tiles though.

Well, usually i do not comment on tilesets without being asked, but before the situation escalates and/or a flamewar starts I might throw in my two pennies.

@Benutzername: First of all I have to say that your tileset is nicely done for a first tileset. I always appreciate it when community member get active and try to contribute. And it's really great if there are more community members who like it,too.
@Mr.Mushroom: Please do not be rude, we appreciate fair comments.

This is a (really) quick tileset check:
colors: usually the main tiles are very colorful and the background tiles are desaturated (e.g. grass mains: brown-orange + green; grass background: desaturated dark brown). The unhookables should be even more distinguishable than the other tiles, so that it is really easy to see that these tiles are different. (the current teeworlds unhookables have a colored outline and another inner white outline.)

details: well, the pillars in the background are more detailed than the main tiles, this is exactly the opposite of what the eye expects and what you should do.

gradients: gradients as used at the pillars are a teeish no-go

perspective: the baskets are not drawn in the parallel projection perspective/ full side view. The lid is elliptical, which is only possible if the baskets stand askew.

But thanks for reminding me that I wanted to create a "pimp my style" tutorial for doodads and main tiles.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

this is this what I wanted to say [+1]

Landil wrote:

colors:The unhookables should be even more distinguishable than the other tiles, so that it is really easy to see that these tiles are different. (the current teeworlds unhookables have a colored outline and another inner white outline.)

details: well, the pillars in the background are more detailed than the main tiles, this is exactly the opposite of what the eye expects and what you should do.

gradients: gradients as used at the pillars are a teeish no-go

perspective: the baskets are not drawn in the parallel projection perspective/ full side view. The lid is elliptical, which is only possible if the baskets stand askew.

As soon as i have some more time on my hands, i'll see if i can improve these things. Thanks for your feedback.

But thanks for reminding me that I wanted to create a "pimp my style" tutorial for doodads and main tiles.

Looking forward to seeing it. big_smile

I really like your tiles (:
Maybe I will try it on a new map!
Also it reminds me to the r3tro tileset, which is one of my favourite tilesets big_smile

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

Mr.Mushroom wrote:

this is this what I wanted to say [+1]

Well then you really really suck at expressing yourself.

I'm currently making a map out of this, it looks nice so far since the tilset is awesome !

The funny about this signature is that you
don't realize until now that it's a useless signature
but it's too late to stop reading.

18 (edited by 2011-11-15 16:40:06)

G'day fellas!

I tried to improve the tileset over the last couple of days. This is the current result.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2znz7ro.png

I don't know when i will be done since there are still a few bugs i'm trying to get rid off, but i thought i'd let you know that i havent been lazy... smile

See you!

http://i40.tinypic.com/a2vuqb.png

http://benutzernamos.be.ohost.de/Teeworlds/soar.png

Updated Version!

Very nice, i really like the updated version wink

nice

-SALAD

hmm, good job smile

Awesome big_smile

Very good job indeed

why do u read MY signature, go read a book instead tongue

Cute.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

24 (edited by Zatline 2012-01-02 20:18:35)

I really like it! :>

Benutzername makes some very unique and teeish tilesets. Awesome job!

Once in a century...