Re: Do you have any ideas for new power-ups?

stick to topic pls  // Landil

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

Looks like a lot of ideas have been thrown out there. smile

As a suggestion to any new idea-guys out there, I'd be much better if you made a diagram of your ideas. I'm visual and ADD, like most people I know, so I get bored of reading a list of ideas. Having a image makes your ideas pop-out above the rest. Just sayin'. cool

Anyway, Landil: is it okay if I suggest power-ups to our current weapons? Like having the laser's beam go through multiple players. Having the grenade's capsule bounce. Etc.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Bee wrote:

Looks like a lot of ideas have been thrown out there. smile

As a suggestion to any new idea-guys out there, I'd be much better if you made a diagram of your ideas. I'm visual and ADD, like most people I know, so I get bored of reading a list of ideas. Having a image makes your ideas pop-out above the rest. Just sayin'. cool

Anyway, Landil: is it okay if I suggest power-ups to our current weapons? Like having the laser's beam go through multiple players. Having the grenade's capsule bounce. Etc.

We want to create funny power-ups. Maybe sth. like you morph into a kirby tee and you need to eat tees. Or we really like the "floor's on fire" idea.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

54 (edited by exal 2011-11-22 03:03:42)

Pudding wrote:

Hey big_smile

My Idea werewolfs big_smile
Great furry tees with claws that dealing a lot of damage and really angry looking eyes big_smile
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7585/werewolfe.png

I had idea with your idea !

1 vs ALL match , 120 seconds and all tees try to survive if you die you go spectator then when the time goes 0, the tees win , but if the werewolf tee kills all before time limit , the werewolf tee wins!
and each round the system selects a new random tee to be the wolf
PD : the Werewolf have infinite or 9999 life so the tees can try to kill him in team because its to hard to kill him

Who is we?
Is it just the developers involved or are players helping pick + fine tune the powerups?

56 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2011-11-22 22:26:17)

Maybi all this Power-Ups can be useds in a new Official Game Type, and not in CTF, TD and TDM.
I don't know. Having such a strange powers coud be nice for "me", and coud not be for "you". A different Gametype coud be the aswer!

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Franchan wrote:

Who is we?
Is it just the developers involved or are players helping pick + fine tune the powerups?

"We" are mainly the developers. In a first step the developers decide which of the ideas fit to the teeworlds concept. In a second step the power-ups will be coded. And then we will test them with low- and high-skilled players.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

@Landil When you will be deciding about adding new power-ups, think 1st about vanila compete scene please. Some "cool" cute features will be fun for 1 week, but people will get bored and will go play mods. New features need to suite competing on high lvl, and those players who play vanila everyday to improve theirs skills are true vanila players. If you want play some "funny" game you go play mods, if not you go play pure tw.

Slinack wrote:

In the actual scene, all the so-called "high level" matches are played without power ups.
I believe people is going to stick with this setting, no matter what we add.

exal: new powerups =/= mods.

szyker wrote:

@Landil When you will be deciding about adding new power-ups, think 1st about vanila compete scene please. Some "cool" cute features will be fun for 1 week, but people will get bored and will go play mods. New features need to suite competing on high lvl, and those players who play vanila everyday to improve theirs skills are true vanila players. If you want play some "funny" game you go play mods, if not you go play pure tw.

;]

U said all i was trying to say before, with the right words.
Thank you.

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

The powerups we wanna add are to get a better ingame experiance and not to make u laugh or extremely overpowered just to be funny. The powerups will be a tactical thing which gives a little advantage if u use it but also with some disadvantages.
We dont want to add useless only funny things... This is the modders jobs wink

Ofc cute and funny tw fitting graphics for the powerups is a must have! wink

To make it short... the difference between the wanted powerups and the modders stuff is the final reaction to it:
wanted powerups: "wow... cool"
modders stuff: "wtf... lol"

...at least thats the plan smile

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

My idea would be to replace to 'kamikaze-attack' of the ninja trough some kind of sword-swinging
Similiar to hammer  but with a medium range, quite high fire rate (slower than hammer and pistol but faster than shotgun) and a high damage rate ~5-7.
Maybe also the slice of the katana travles like a wave and loses her strange up to the distance?
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8477/screenshot2011112216154.png
(fast sketch)

Ninja wall-jump:
It would be something like the actual ninja, when you use it your tee go straight into a direction. But if you hit a wall  your tee will bounce on it (same trajectory as the bounce of the laser). So it would be a powerup that let you do some sort of rocket jumps on walls without being hurt.

It would be more efficient than rocket jumps, you will be able to completely change of direction (180°) without losing too much speed.

If the fire idea is being considered, how about adding a skid jump ability to go with it?

some concerns with ideas
-"too cute" additions butterfly shields and rainbow trails may turn off more potential players.
-animation is something new in teeworlds (kirby idea of powerup or eating people) and might look out of place depending on how it is handled. It could be done as good animations have been done with quads but animation for tees might look a little out of place.
- and if only funny ideas are being taken in, basic/ functional ideas might be left behind. (laser weapon addition was not funny or creative but it was important to the game)

Thanks for contributing to this thread. We picked up some of the ideas and are going to test them.

66 (edited by 2011-11-27 11:23:14)

I GOT IMPORTENT NEWS:

I dont know how to whrite a command in blog sad.
but thats not what i wanted to tell you, i have some REALY good ideas, it starts with:
2 extra weapons, a weapon where i can teleport myself every 10 sec this weapon is ready for teleporting, where you see the bullets for grenade (left up) you got to make a bar, a loading bar when thats finished I can teleport 1 time. I also thought about that idea with other weapons, just where i see bullets you make a bar through it,
(very light) I thought about: when i teleport i am dead and my skin is verrt light, just for 3 sec, (dead because of teleporting, but after 3 sec i can move again). ROCKET WEAPON: I thought about a rocket, a rocket that follows tee's! it haves 5 (seconds) fuel, and than it falls down, it haves 2 bars up the rocket i shoot, 1 green and 1 (under the green one) is orange, orange means: fuel, green means Health of the rocket, (10 health), what rocked touch you, - 3.. or 5? something like that, rocket is going not so fast, but faster than walking anyway (rocket don't tough walls or ground, exept when fuel is emty)...

UP HERE YOU SEE IDEAS FOR TEEWORLDS 0.7.X!

go to page 3 for my ideas for teeworlds 0.7.x

that was a fail... i thought i typed that in page 1... sorry

teeworlds makers! READ THIS! IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY! (i am from holland)

rocket looks like this:

=-------------------\
                =                         \
                =                         /
                =------------------ /

and i thought about a jetpack! i dont know how to get it... i thought about making with hammer..? or have it when you got  % kills...  or randomly... i dont know but the jetpack thing will be awesome big_smile .

mushoku-no