1 (edited by TT <3 2014-12-02 23:53:24)

Topic: [MOD] zCatch

Hi,
do you remember zCatch?
Since i talked with erd and he told me that he stopped developing zCatch and playing Teeworlds, i adopted the developing of zCatch and here is the new version for 0.6.

Original Post:

erd wrote:

Hi,
do you know "Zombieball"? I know this game from physical education and thought "why not creating a teeworlds mod with the rules of it". I didn't find and english word for "Zombieball", so it was difficult to find a name for the mod. But because it's kind of catching, i called it simply zCatch. There's nothing copied from tCatch or Catch16!

Whats the goal?
You have to catch all other players and remain as the only player on the map. If you catch (kill) someone, he will join the spectators. But if YOU get catched, all players catched by you will rejoin the game. So winning is only possible if you manage it to kill everyone without beeing killed.

Serversettings

sv_mode            - Determine the mode (weapon) of zCatch 
    Default: 1

Modes:
        1 - Instagib 
        2 - Everything (all weapons, full health & armor, auto-reload, no items on map) 
        3 - Hammerparty 
        4 - Grenade only 
        5 - Ninja

sv_allow_join    - Set how the players can join in the current game
    Default: 2

Settings:
        1 - Allow new players to join the game without need to wait for the next round
        2 - The player will join when the player with the most kills dies

sv_color_indicator    - Color tees apropriate to the number of currently catched players (0 to disable)

sv_bonus        - Gives the last player extra points (max. 1000)
    Default: 0

sv_follow_catcher     - A catched player will follow his catcher if enabled. (0 to disable)

sv_vote_forcereason        - Allow only votes with a reason (except settings). (0 to disable)

sv_laserjumps        - A laser bounce creates an explosion which takes no damage (doesn't hurt you) but speeds you up
    Default: 0

sv_grenade_min_damage     - In grenade-mode, how much damage is needed to kill the player (depends how far away it explodes)
    Default: 4
    Min: 1
    Max: 6

sv_grenade_endless_ammo     - Set endless ammo for grenade in mode 4 (Grenade only).

sv_weapons_ammo            - Default amount of ammo for all weapons in mode 2 (Everything) or grenade in mode 4 (Grenade only). Your ammo will regenerate after some while
    Default: 7
    Min: 5
    Max: 10

sv_suicide_time     - Minimum time between suicides. 0 to forbid suicides.
    Default: 15    
    Min: 0
    Max: 60

sv_kill_penalty     - The amount of points which the score will be decreased on each suicide
    Default: 5
    Max: 50

# Mute on spam    

sv_chat_value         - A value which is added on each message and decreased on each tick
    Default: 250
    Min: 100
    Max: 1000

sv_chat_threshold      - If this threshold will exceed by too many messages the player will be muted
    Default: 1000
    Min: 250
    Max: 10000

sv_mute_duration     - How long the player will be muted (in seconds). (0 to disable mute-on-spam)
    Default: 60
    Max: 3600

# Anticamper

sv_anticamper
    Default: 2

Settings:
        0 - Disables
        1 - In all modes
        2 - Only in Instagib (Riffle)

sv_anticamper_freeze    - If set it determines if a player should freeze on camping (and how long) or die
    Default: 7
    Max: 15

# !!I recommend not to change these variables, except you know what you do!!

sv_anticamper_time         - How long to wait till the player dies/freezes
    Default: 10
    Min: 5
    Max: 120

sv_anticamper_range     - Distance how far away the player must move to escape anticamper
    Default: 200
    Max: 1000

Rcon-Commands:

mute <ID> <duration (sec)>
    mutes a player for <duration>
mutes
    shows all mutes and their index
unmuteid <ID>
    unmutes a player by its ID
unmuteip <index>
    unmutes an IP by its index, which is shown with "mutes"

Download (0.4.8)

Source @ GitHub

Download site

Since earlier versions of zCatch and teeworlds contain some bugs which might lead to server-crashes, I highly recommend you to get the newest version!

Changelog:

[0.4.8]
    - Updated to teeworlds 0.6.3
    - Some minor fixes
[0.4.7]
    - Removed banmaster
    - Fixed a critical bug
    - Weapon-ammo is customizable now and grenade ammo can be set to infinite again.

[0.4.6]
    - Added laserjumps
    - No unlimited ammo anymore for grenade and all weapons (default are 6 shots which regenerate after some time)
    - Extended banmaster
    - Bugfixes and some refractoring

[0.4.5]
    - New Modes (grenade and ninja)
    - Changed existing modes to 1Shot1Kill
    - Added Anticamper
    - Added Mute-on-Spam
    - Removed vanilla
    - several Bugfixes
    - new options
    - banmaster

Re: [MOD] zCatch

erd has planed that i adopt zCatch and implement it in Catching and thats the plan for the future, so i'll do it...
With nice new features that erd and I planed.

You can still develope this mod, but I hope when I implement it into catching, you will stop working on it/or work with me and close this topic. ^^
What would be nice.

So far

3 (edited by TT <3 2011-06-05 17:09:27)

Oh, that is new for me, sorry. He told me nothing about that and it's a other situation... Ok^^

You can work with me on zCatch part in Catching if you want.

Yes i want smile it would be nice, cause i've done a lot for zCatch

Cool, I see you will have available zcatch gametype?

I would say TT knows zcatch the best now because he recode it for 0.6, so its not a do you want to be on team tt, but I beg you please help me? Lol. Good luck both of you.

Could someone fix this mod into 0.6.1, please? I really want to use the Moderator-system for my server D: ! And all the other cool stuff that is listed here: http://www.teeworlds.com/?page=journal&id=8217

In some servers the weapon can be:hammer;ninja;shotgun or grenade. Is there a special setting for this or is this a totally different zcatch port?

Once in a century...

9 (edited by Pudding 2011-11-10 22:23:36)

Thats the Catch16 where you have to collect all tees to your team. This is zCatch where you have to kill every single Tee to be the last of the round :D but its not for 0.6.1 ...

No. It is zCatch where you have to kill every single Tee to be the last of the round which has a vote option:
1) weapon grenade
2) weapon ninja.....

Once in a century...

I don't get what you want ... I only want this mod in this thread for 0.6.1 and no hammers ninjas and stuff o.o

DARK HUNTER wrote:

No. It is zCatch where you have to kill every single Tee to be the last of the round which has a vote option:
1) weapon grenade
2) weapon ninja.....

I'd like to find this version too! As far as I know the one on here does not have that option, but I've played the ninja and grenade version, which are fun for variety.

13 (edited by TT <3 2011-11-12 04:15:43)

Next Version will have.

New features are:
- Update to 0.6.1
- Banmaster
- All Weapons are 1Shot1Kill
- New gamemodes (Grenade and Ninja)
- Mute-on-Spam
- Changed Scoring a bit (decrease score on (self-)kill)
- Anticamper
- Several Bugfixes

New ideas are always welcome smile

PS. I made a Server with the current version of the mod. Its name is "zCatch - 0.4.5 Testserver!" ; 62.75.191.155:8369

Very good mod! i like it smile

Could you explain this to me, please? I want to know e.g. how to start as a white tee and become black.

int num = 161;
for(int i = 0; i < MAX_CLIENTS; i++)
   if(GameServer()->m_apPlayers[i] && GameServer()->m_apPlayers[i]->m_CatchedBy == m_ClientID)
num -= 10;
pClientInfo->m_ColorBody = num * 0x010000 + 0xff00;
pClientInfo->m_ColorFeet = num * 0x010000 + 0xff00;
pClientInfo->m_UseCustomColor = 1;

And can you make a fair votingsystem? If there are 16 ppl on the server and 4 votes yes and 2 votes no, so there is no absolute majority, because 10 ppl didn't vote. But the vote should pass, because the 10 tees abstain to vote and so the 4 tees the absolute majority. On my server I made a votesystem like this :D

(Sorry for bad english.)

Rainbows are useless, eye-disturbing, and forbidden; you should forget this.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

TT <3 wrote:

Next Version will have.
New features are:

- All Weapons are 1Shot1Kill
- New gamemodes (Grenade and Ninja)

New ideas are always welcome

Well zCatch is an Instagib based game so 1Shot1Kill is on by default. (Before I go on I want to say that I never saw a server with sv_mode 0;2 or 3)

And the other version of zCatch which has laser;grenade and ninja also has a hammer for a weapon. So it has every weapon except for pistol and shotgun.

Once in a century...

18 (edited by Pudding 2011-11-12 16:10:39)

Dune wrote:

These are no rainbows. For every kill you get an other color. First you are blue and after a lot of kills you are red. Until you die.

Pudding wrote:

But the vote should pass, because the 10 tees abstain to vote and so the 4 tees the absolute majority. On my server I made a votesystem like this big_smile

I don't like this idea, if the 4 tees vote immediately 'yes' while the other players are still think about the vote or can't vote because they're playing, the vote would be already enforced although it's maybe not the opinion of the majority.

Dune wrote:

As Pudding said, it's not a rainbow, it's like an indicator to mark good players. I dont know even one player who thinks it is disturbing.

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Well zCatch is an Instagib based game so 1Shot1Kill is on by default. (Before I go on I want to say that I never saw a server with sv_mode 0;2 or 3)

Actually it wasn't. Only sv_mode 1 was Instagib, the other modes wasn't 1Shot1Kill.
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5344
Of course i noticed that nobody plays the other modes, that's why i changed the modes now; it's a try to make the other modes more popular.

DARK HUNTER wrote:

And the other version of zCatch which has laser;grenade and ninja also has a hammer for a weapon. So it has every weapon except for pistol and shotgun.

sv_mode 3 is what you search smile

Please regard that it's still a beta with some bugs which must be fixed. But unfortunately i won't have much time this week.

20 (edited by Pudding 2011-11-16 20:52:18)

TT <3 wrote:

I don't like this idea, if the 4 tees vote immediately 'yes' while the other players are still think about the vote or can't vote because they're playing, the vote would be already enforced although it's maybe not the opinion of the majority.

Ouh, I forgot to say that it will proof it when the votetime is over.

When will you release 0.4.5? Im waiting for it :D I really want this mod :D

I think team zcatch might be  a nice idea, sometimes people try to form teams in-game (altho illegal), otherwise using all the same rules.

22 (edited by Pudding 2011-11-19 12:32:53)

If there are two teams and someone get killed and the killer runs away and his teammates will protect him, than it will take ages for the victim to respawn. So there must be at least 4 different teams with a maximum of 4 member. otherwise a very recommendet idea, because it will stop this guys doing hearts to each other and stop killing each other.

I forgot to say, that you should delete the healthmod indicator, because they looks ugly in instagib. :D

// create healthmod indicator
/*
if(Server()->Tick() < m_DamageTakenTick+25)
{
    // make sure that the damage indicators doesn't group together
    GameServer()->CreateDamageInd(m_Pos, m_DamageTaken*0.25f, Dmg);
}
else
{
    m_DamageTaken = 0;
    GameServer()->CreateDamageInd(m_Pos, 0, Dmg);
}
*/

Im waiting for the release :D

23 (edited by TT <3 2011-11-23 19:14:08)

Please be a bit patient, i'll release the new version in the next few days. I updated the testserver with the current development version.

I released zCatch 0.4.5
If you find any bugs, please report them.

24 (edited by OmgitsMe!! 2011-12-10 18:29:57)

sv_suicide_time     - Minimum time between suicides. 0 to forbid suicides.
    Default: 15   
    Max: 60

sv_kill_penalty     - The amount of points which the score will be decreased on each suicide
    Default: 5
    Max: 50

dosent work 4 me

OmgitsMe!! wrote:

dosent work 4 me

I'm very sorry, it seems that i uploaded the wrong windows version of zCatch by an accident sad I fixed this, now its the right version.