Re: Working on: a new skin system for 0.7 or 0.8

U got me wrong. Its not that im not motivated. I actually tryed the color things (as i said) to check if this is possible with not too much effort already and have an idea on how to actually implement it. In my mind its already done big_smile
But the other project is on higher priority since much have been done there already and i dont want 2 projects end up half ready. So finding another person to do it is the best for tw.

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Good.
The new project sounds cool... Lets see what happens.
If u find someone to help, I hope this person is someone serious and not one more annoying kid who is always fighting with players, because this sounds very unprofessional (Sorry, but i had to say it).

;D

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

I actually also thought of this for teeworlds.

There is a game called Transformice, ( no this is not advertisement , it's funny game but not that great ) , but anyway,
In this game, you ave a lot of customizeable things like hats, ....... , you could get more ideas there.

Greets, CuBe

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

It's not very hard to code this, only the color selection is a bit tricky but not impossible. But fps will drop with the color selection and the colored slider, if every color has to be rendered on its own. Would be much easier if you just use images for the sliders and the preview. I tried out the colored sliders, with 256 different hue values, and my fps dropped from 60 to 40, but with 64 it worked fine, but I'm not sure about slow computers and it does not look really good cause every color has a quite big portion (note that this is 0.5.2 and the lightness-slider does not have the right color right now):
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4798/screenshot2011111017023.png

And btw, an alpha slider would not be that smart, cause you would have to add a new config variable for it, and you could make yourself invisible. big_smile

30 (edited by Sushi Tee 2011-11-10 18:44:28)

this color sliders are no problem. U can just the normal SetColor funktion. Simply set the color for the edges of the rect... opengl will render the colors like it should be automatically wink

i did this for testing:
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3745/testnul.png
the bar at the bottom looks perfect but the upper thing... well ^^

the bar consists of 6 rects... the frist from red to yellow... then next from yellow to green and so on... and with only 6 rects the render speed is no problem since a normal button already consist of 9 rects smile

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

If you are interested in reading the concept I worked out you may read it here

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Sorry, but the interface is not friendly.
And so well.

Sorry for the bad language. I live in Russia and I translate through Google

MaximXGame wrote:

Sorry, but the interface is not friendly.
And so well.

smile Check the current one then

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

I have an idea but don't know how difficult it would be. Maybe, in the "your skin" field, there could be a preview of the tee walking. Every time you clicked the field the tee would have a different weapon.

Not necessary but I think it would be cool big_smile

-SALAD

Idea of making your own skins sounds nice. I cannot wait for it. big_smile

The Hell is a nice place, mate.

36 (edited by mipEr 2011-11-18 23:02:32)

Just idea: twinbop

http://images.sevstar.net/images/42145893290935441885.png

???

38 (edited by Ryomou Hentai Girl 2011-11-19 19:58:46)

Landil wrote:

???

LOL

epic.

what is happening on here. seriously.

(i thought people cant send "messages" like that)

[Fatality]

It's idea for new skin system.

@miper: seperating everything makes more sense imho, its easier to handle, saves memory and wouldnt be redundant e.g. eyes

miper: i dont get where it is new... all u did is seperating the image into more pieces with the possibility to put it together like it was before. We wouldnt earn any advantages from it.

*gV* rox ^^

How will the engine know where to place the decorations;tattoos and hats?

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

How will the engine know where to place the decorations;tattoos and hats?

Because it is separated by lines (In Miper Idea).

But... Whid this new system idea by MiPer all skins that was created before will stop working sad

/_________________________________/

Ryomou Hentai Girl wrote:

LOL
epic.
what is happening on here. seriously.

What?

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Sushi Tee wrote:

miper: i dont get where it is new... all u did is seperating the image into more pieces with the possibility to put it together like it was before. We wouldnt earn any advantages from it.

One question, how u are will dividing skin on decorations and on tatoos?

read the pdf file which is posted in the first post.

*gV* rox ^^

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

What?

What ? look around u and guess what.
=/

I fear all these changes in game comming suddently, just that.
And look how the guys are not taking this game serious as they should.
... -.-

[Fatality]

Ryomou Hentai Girl wrote:

And look how the guys are not taking this game serious as they should.
... -.-

I don't know why do you say that.
1st of all: Teeworlds is Free And Open Sourse, it's not a game that is invested lots of money.
2nd: Why? We cant take this "Progect" to siriusly. That's a game creted 4fun!

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I don't know why do you say that.
1st of all: Teeworlds is Free And Open Sourse, it's not a game that is invested lots of money.
2nd: Why? We cant take this "Progect" to siriusly. That's a game creted 4fun!

1st: I know.
2nd: Why not serious ? ... maybe it´s really not serious now, but could be one day.
I guess, this is what they are trying to do when asking for help.
I am sure that no one would create a game without a goal to be achieved one day.
This would be waste of time.
[...]

But if u think so....

[Fatality]

49 (edited by Sushi Tee 2011-11-20 05:50:45)

well... ofc the game is developed just for fun. A game should be fun. But still we are no just randomly doing things. Things are posted in the forum to get the ideas of the community as well, to get a gist of what the community wants. We still take the dvelopment serious to make it fun for everyone.
The things we are doing are though throug and are tested a lot. We are following a specific idea which is aproved and well tested. The things u can see in the pdf file posted in the first post are the result of hours of thinking and discussing and aim to be an advantage for all players. Landil posted it to get the ideas of the community as well to get even more feedback by the community... to change the idea acording to the ideas of the comminity... to not just do a thing which is to sudden for the community.
If u still dont like it, post what u dont like and why instead of just saying u dont like it!

*gV* rox ^^

Hum... as we can see the new ideas are about the graphic part most.
I think u shouldnt care only about making new "features".
At least, what do u post in forum, is always about graphic stuff.

I talk to many players everyday and i see their talk always: what i see in discussions always is exactly about new weapons, gameplay and so on...

And ofc the game is for fun, but not a 'funny game' - not just a game for "LOL", if u get what i mean. Lots of visual pollution for making all just funny maybe disturbs. Some ideas are nice, like the butterflies one (not the butterflies, but the idea about them) and little others...
We know that its not a final version

But Landil already said in another Topic today : "we wont have new weapons, and stuff" / Later he said: "If u want classic teeworlds go play 0.1".

rofl.. its already the answer to all who dont like the changes... sadly.

[Fatality]