Re: [MOD] OpenFNG (updated and maintained again)

fisted can you create a dummy like Shahan did for iDDrace mod? (http://iddrace.ipod-clan.com/)

Maybe you could use dbg_dummies 1 (server needs to be compiled with the debug option)

heinrich5991 wrote:

Maybe you could use dbg_dummies 1 (server needs to be compiled with the debug option)

Isn't this crashing the server?

Not if done properly. tongue

Has to be set at startup afaik

hi i have a problem well i create a folder and inside of the folder i create the maps folder i put the 6 maps in than folder i the main folder i put the config and the exe but the server dosent appear in my lan games i miss something
PD sorry for my english

I hope that I understood, what you want.

In your "main folder" there have to be the config/autoexec (whatever) and the exe.
Create a folder in that "main folder" named "data" and create a folder in data named "maps".

You only forgot one folder wink

hey i have a problem i use the exe the appears in description and the config too i just change a few things like server name port motd rcon well the problem its that the servers goes down each and every day i dont have access to the host pc to get up every time can u help me?
pd sorry for my english

OmgitsMe!! wrote:

hey i have a problem i use the exe the appears in description and the config too i just change a few things like server name port motd rcon well the problem its that the servers goes down each and every day i dont have access to the host pc to get up every time can u help me?
pd sorry for my english

Omgistme, openfng is pretty buggy and a few things crash it, such as voting a restart, or the map rotation variable.

You're only sure bet is, depending on the operation system, to use an auto-restart software.

I use restart-on-crash v1.1 combined with the Windows registry fix: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/200 … rver-2008/

ohhhh nice idea tank you yvery much xD

35 (edited by Super Dude 2011-12-10 23:29:27)

how do i get this mod for windows i cant find a link D: and thank you

~Super

Super Dude wrote:

how do i get this mod for windows i cant find a link D: and thank you

Here's the server executable for Windows-based machines: https://github.com/fisted/teeworlds/blo … win32d.exe

when  i try to download it wont let me it says copy to clipboard so i clicked it and nothing happend pls help me

~Super

Try this link instead

https://github.com/fisted/teeworlds/raw … win32d.exe

i have some problem i start server say this 0.6
i to enter the game and i didnt see in lan
help pls

fisted,

thank you for your hard work with the FNG project. It's been like a year or so since I've stopped playing teeworlds and it makes me happy that FNG is still alive. It was my favorite mod. maybe one day I will come back and play and wait for everyone to call me a bot again (I never used a bot with this mod, I loved it too much to ruin the fun for everyone)

The Anomaly

41 (edited by IcyPRO 2012-04-12 19:20:26)

Hi,
I'm Icy, creator of most Fng maps and I'm glad that you ported Fng to 0.6.1 and made it open to everyone, but as a true fan of Fng I really miss some features...

- I really liked the good old Thunderbird - the fact it was random was the fun thing about it. I enjoyed those funny situations when you heard that scary sound coming from the pit and then you run for your life. xD ..or just being that Thunderbird was just awesome by itself! I would be really thankful if you would add this feature as an optional, which could be turned on in cfg file. (maybe it would need a little fix like this one - as it increases on speed, it should increase on range of killing too, starting from zero range up to some capped range - not too big, not too small (speed should be capped too) = if you could make this happen, that would be awesome).
- Another thing I really miss is the ticking, it kinda makes me happier and gave me the feeling of the game being ALIVE. I don't know how to explain it more clearly, but I just miss the ticking. It wasn't annoying at all. (also could be optional)
- And the third thing I miss is the repetitive hammer - without it, good old hammer parties are just dead. And they were great. Also some physics are different = for example, now if you stand right on an enemy Tee, you can't hammer him to the sides even if you aim that way. Plus, by this repetitive hammer players are able to do much more epic stuff... (it would be great if this was optional in settings file too)

Anyway - I enjoy your new features in OpenFNG mod - like score for sacrificing Tees or those plasma banners for displaying scores. Great additions, really...

So, if you ever read this, I just want you to know, that if you add these thing for me, you'll make me one of happiest guys on the Earth. smile
~ Icy

fisted answered many of these feature requests on openfng's github page

43 (edited by IcyPRO 2012-04-12 21:07:43)

Broken wrote:

If those were some whiny requests no wonder he didn't care...

I'm not so sure. At first I thought the lack of thunderbird was bad but now when I think of it I think it's actually a good thing. Keeps the game simple (K.I.S.S.).

But I guess the ticking should make a comeback (with an option to turn it on/off).

P.S. Have you noticed that a lot of popular gametypes are simple? (CTF,zCatch,openFNG...) It seems what attracts the players is either simplicity or the exact opposite-craziness.

Once in a century...

45 (edited by Broken 2012-04-13 00:46:24)

IcyPRO wrote:
Broken wrote:

If those were some whiny requests no wonder he didn't care...

i sent you a PM btw (and i posted on there in a similar fashion to you, i only wrote because i doubt fisted wants or has the time to repost all his/her ideas)

Cant compile latest sources under x86_64 linux for a reason:

../bam/bam server_release

[41/71] #2 c++ src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp: «void IGameController::CycleMap()»:
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:316:1: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before «{» token
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:749:1: error: expected «}» at end of input
bam: 'c++ src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp' error 256
[42/71] #2 c++ src/game/server/player.cpp
[43/71] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/openfng.cpp
In file included from src/game/server/gamemodes/openfng.cpp:8:0:
src/engine/server/server.h:64:27: error: invalid use of incomplete type «class CNetBan»
In file included from src/engine/server/server.h:12:0,
                 from src/game/server/gamemodes/openfng.cpp:8:
src/engine/shared/network.h:252:8: error: forward declaration of «class CNetBan»
In file included from src/game/server/gamemodes/openfng.cpp:8:0:
src/engine/server/server.h:76:21: error: «CNetRange»
src/engine/server/server.h:76:32: error: ISO C++ is not allow «pRange» without type [-fpermissive]
src/game/server/gamemodes/openfng.cpp: «void CGameControllerOpenFNG::DoRagequit()»:
src/game/server/gamemodes/openfng.cpp:243:26: error: «class CServer» has no member named «BanAdd»
bam: 'c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/openfng.cpp' error 256

But for example, compiling ddrace is just fine. Maybe someone just have latest binary for x86_64?

Guys when I try to run this mod I get this error

-su: ./openfng_srv_linux32d: Permission denied

I am using ubuntu 64bit.

I run the server from this command ./openfng_srv_linux32d -f openfng.cfg

What am I missing

You're missing a chmod 777.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

thanx did that now I get

-su: ./openfng_srv_linux32d: No such file or directory

You have no 32bit librarys or the file doesn't exist.
If you have a 64bit system then get the 64bit executable or install the 32bit librarys with apt-get install ia32-libs