Topic: Why I love Teeworlds

Hello, in this topic I want to explain why Teeworlds is the most awesome game. I started playing Teeworlds more than 4 years ago, but not continuous (many short and long breaks). Mostly, Teeworlds was and is the game I play if there are no other games or I didnt like to play them at these moments. I put every game behind me, except Teeworlds. Why I've never left Teeworlds, and why is it still the most awesome game?

Many other games are based on graphics. They start to look really poor after a few years. Teeworlds isn't, additionally it doesn't look poor. It has its own (comic-)style, and no one will ever be able to improve it - it's timeless, it's sovereign, not poor. Unlike other games, Teeworlds is not in the least dependent on classes and character development and luck. Everyone has exactly the same conditions at every moment, it doesn't matter if you play for 5 years or for 5 seconds, each projectile and hook and movement is predictable. Furthermore players are neither limited by money and hardware (not really), nor in their creativity to create new gametiles and skins, to create new maps, to create new mods. No one tries to play your dad, do whatever you want, no rules - pure freedom. Now to the most important point, the gameplay. Teeworlds gameplay is based on true skill, it doesnt matter what you did half an hour ago, not what you did yesterday, not if you clicked on an other button one year ago (classes). Your movement is incredible fast if you do play well, and your life extremly short if you don't do. The greatest feature ever is the hook. It brings variety in every situation, it opens the possibility to speed up like hell, do godlike moves, go in every direction on the map. And even solo you will never be able to master hooking perfectly.

Teeworlds is skill and creativity, and this will never become outdated.
This is why I love Teeworlds!

Re: Why I love Teeworlds

Arrob wrote:

(...) Many other games are based on graphics. They start to look really poor after a few years. Teeworlds isn't, additionally it doesn't look poor. It has its own (comic-)style, and no one will ever be able to improve it (...)

No one will ever be able to improve the graphics, so I am ...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4921/foreveraloneub.png

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:
Arrob wrote:

(...) Many other games are based on graphics. They start to look really poor after a few years. Teeworlds isn't, additionally it doesn't look poor. It has its own (comic-)style, and no one will ever be able to improve it (...)

No one will ever be able to improve the graphics, so I am ...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4921/foreveraloneub.png

You won't "Improve" the *STYLE*, of course the legendary Landil will improve the graphics (and hopefully add new ones big_smile?).

-SALAD

So someone just played noticed teeworlds and played it for a month.

I really love teeworlds but it reached a point where it needs to evolve.

teeworlds is purely outdated look at highlvl vanilla scene the best clan just got disbanded due to inactivity of the members. So my question now why are those high lvls not playing anymore ? Because of boredom ?

Ah and i forget community is a tee.

exalkun wrote:

teeworlds is purely outdated look at highlvl vanilla scene the best clan just got disbanded due to inactivity of the members. So my question now why are those high lvls not playing anymore ? Because of boredom ?

Imo because the vanilla community is getting smaller ad smaller due to the ongrowing popularity of lolkid mods, which is definitely taking players out from vanilla, whatever people will say.

exalkun wrote:

Ah and i forget community is a tee.

Teeworlds community is one of the softest I've ever met. I really wonder what kind of other games community you're comparing it to.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

6 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-10-27 11:55:31)

When my friend first showed me teeworlds I thought:"Oh man,what is this crap?!? Look at the graphics and kirbys jumping everywhere!" (cuz mostly I play FPS,TPS and RTS)
He asked if I wanna try. I said no,thank you! But after ~15 minutes of him playing I started to get interested.
The next day I was playing teeworlds as if I played it for some time.

I started playing since 0.4.3 but I had a pause in playing. (somewhere 0.5.0-0.5.2)
A few things for which I love teeworlds so much is:
1) Classic shooter
2) The hook
3) Simple but nice graphics

Once in a century...

7 (edited by poko 2011-10-30 00:18:46)

The people (probably only in Germany) watching GIGA TV should know the GGL (Giga League). At this point of time I had no computer, because I crushed it while playing Trackmania Nations (it was a REALLY old computer back then).

... so, I watched the moderators of GIGA playing Teewars. I fell in love with this game, although I was not able to play it ... A few months later - I think it was when version 0.4.2 came out, I got a new computer. The first thing I did was downloading this game. Since then, I hopped through several clans. And it's still my favorite game. I played it (and still) when I was sad or happy, even when I actually had no time to hang around. I remember playing the TableTennis mod the whole day. Really. A whole day.

It's those graphics, the mods and standard Teeworlds, the possibility to make various moves, become faster with your hook. I even enjoy the chatting and those cute Tees.

You, the developers, god bless you.
Thank you.

8 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-10-30 11:08:57)

A really unique game. I'm very glad that I heard about teeworlds...It brought me fun and entertainment whenever I felt bored or had nothing to do.

It's really a shame that vanilla is decaying. I haven't played vanilla for a looong time and I started to play it again recently. I forgot how much fun it was!
Only 1 problem: In the period in which I haven't played vanilla I only played Instagib-like mods (fng;zCatch...) So now I completely lost the feel for vanilla. sad :\

Once in a century...

What I really like about Teeworlds is the simplicity of it, forcing skilled players to find little ways to add complexity. Rather than making it complicated for players, Teeworlds forces players to think outside the box if they want to have an extra edge in the game out of the simple tools given... Pure genius. cool

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

10 (edited by EPL 2011-10-31 18:27:26)

I started playing Teeworlds on 25.02.2009. Ive watched as poko said Giga Tv (miss ya). I said too me: Hey this looks great, simple but great. So i started playing. In 2010 I started a long break from the game, about 4 months. After this many things have changed and I got interested in the "Map Editor" and of drawing graphics.

Here my first avatar:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/temp-2010-12-18/JpvFdliksnmxsedhrDIFaHEnraweDuCwqymvIEDvxwhCpjuoyJFlopgaItla/ava.png.scaled500.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1320078261&Signature=GZzZI5v0mxNheTRokdAGZ9WYomc%3D

Yes after this I got in contact with a very nice clan called "Iceskill". I stayed there about 5 months I don't know. Now the clan got inactive

Another clan was "Mapping Colorful" Mc this was an mapping clan where I met SkizZ. Now the clan is called "Most Celebrated".

As you see my avatar shows a laser, this is for instagib so I joined the last important clan for me "Atom".
I'm in "Atom" from May 2011 to now.

So now im drawing still graphics and the game is still awesome. Nice community. Everything is awesome.

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/589/skulltee2.png