Topic: [Discussion] Teeworlds League

Hello,

We are going to start a championship for teeworlds.
It gonna be a rank list of teeworlds clans who applyed to us.
I thought about a rank list for every listed gametype (for example: Vanilla, flybattle, instagib,...)

And there will be contests with great prizes for the clans.
There will be Servers with special maps or clanwars, and more.

Sry for my bad english.

Thank you for your votes. Some commands would be great, too ;)

Merged two posts. /Kottizen

2 (edited by ghost 2011-08-01 18:43:23)

Re: [Discussion] Teeworlds League

You know, there have been several attempts to leagues for teeworlds (and it's actually not too long ago that I gave almost exactly this answer in a similar thread). In fact by now, all of these attempts simply failed. The reasons were either that the community was not interested enough, or that the admins went inactive after some time. One of the more successful projects was fun war, which was able to held some tournaments, but it died after some time, just like the other projects did.

I think the general problem with leagues for teeworlds is, that there are just not enough clans, which are able to play on a equal and decent level. Take the vanilla ctf scene for example, there are maybe 6 clans out there at the moment, that I would call professional or on the edge to professional. I don't know how this is in instagib, but I doubt it's much better.

In order to make a project like this successful, it needs to be official in my eyes. Otherwise just too many people would not care about it. This is also the reason why I think that the most promising league is still ESL. Teeworlds is on the ESL, but most people are not very active there, because the admins don't seem to be so competent. If you really want to take the initiative and work so tournaments can be hold, try helping those guys, maybe you could do some advertisement for ESL here on the forum or something like that.

I don't want to frustrate you, but I really doubt that your own project would be successful. ESL on the other hand has all the tools needed ready to be used, and it's kind of official. So I advise you to help there.

@ ghost
I know that teeworlds is on ESL, but like you said "but most people are not very active there".
I dont only want to make a rank list. I dont want to get a good status or something like that. I want to give teeworlds something.
The possibility to be the best is more than enouth to apply to a league.
And the prizes! I dont think that teeworlds clans / players dont want to apply. I think the problem is like you said, that there arent entouth professional clans!

im unsure about that idea hmm

Why create a new project, if there is already a good one out? ESL has everything necessary for tournaments, leagues, leaders, prizes, whatever you want. It just needs to be used, and for that advertisement and good/professional admins are needed.

On the other hand, for creating an own project, you would need to create all these tools from the start. You need to build a website, you need to get good admins, you need to advertise. I agree that this can work. I pointed out "funwar" earlier. Actually I happen to be one of the former admins of fun war and I can tell you that it's a whole lot of work to do all this stuff, so if you want to go serious with that, be ready for a very time consuming job.

I really think that helping ESL would be a lot easier and would give a much greater benefit in a shorter time, but I don't want to dissuade you from you original plan.

Do you have anything planned already? How is the website going to work? Do you have admins already? Do you have a plan on how to make your league popular with tw players and clans (from low to high level). Do you have any ideas about which tournaments you would organize, which leaders etc.? If you can not answer these questions, I'd suggest you make up your mind about all this stuff and get some competent people before trying to present your project here. You should definitely not start with absolutely nothing here.

Again, I don't want to discourage you, it's just my experience that tells me that this project is not very well prepared and is very likely to fail.

5 (edited by Ich_ 2011-08-11 20:31:49)

Well i wont start soon.
And yes i allready got:
- someone to coe the page
- someone to code a little mod with some options
- some moderators (im not sure if they are professional enouth, yet)
- I planned to make some diffrent maps.
... whatever thats enouth wink

well your not false. But the only think i get if i read your comment is that i havent got a chance against ESL.
But that the ... does ESL cares about Teeworlds?

EDIT: Thanks for all your votes wink

And who dont have clan? Cant participate?!

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Just built a team and call whatever you want and your are in. You don't need a clan, just pick your mate(s) and write in the clantag "xyz".

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

8 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2011-08-11 21:13:18)

Tee Killa wrote:

Just built a team and call whatever you want and your are in. You don't need a clan, just pick your mate(s) and write in the clantag "xyz".

I have one clan. I'm just asking, there are many persons that dont have Clans

EDIT: Its very stange that your pool (Vote) won't (I think thats the wrong verb) be deleted

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

9 (edited by Ich_ 2011-08-11 21:13:22)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

And who dont have clan? Cant participate?!

Im not sure about that, yet. But i think i gonna organize that, too.
And it should be like a challange. Everyone can ask for a fight against every rank. If some matches are done. The winner will earn the tile (rank). The higher guy have not to agre to that fight.
But he have to if the lower one is 1-3 ranks under him. I think thats a good way. Its not fully developed atm. I hope you understand than because the whole project gonna starts at the earliest next year i think.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:
Tee Killa wrote:

I have one clan. I'm just asking, there are many persons that dont have Clans

And I am just answering. wink

11 (edited by Dune 2011-08-12 10:30:49)

Tee Killa wrote:

Might not be the best idea since xyz is already the Oy's and Kottizen's clan.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

"xyz" was more meant like any random name for a clan.

Well, thats pretty offtopic i think xD

votes status atm:
Oh, i like it!    6    25.00%
i am interested    9    37.50%
I wouldn't apply    9    37.50%
Votes: 24

Thx for your votes.

Sin wrote:

- someone to code a little mod with some options
- I planned to make some diffrent maps.

well your not false. But the only think i get if i read your comment is that i havent got a chance against ESL.
But that the ... does ESL cares about Teeworlds?

1. You should not base your league on a mod, it should use the official gametypes.
2. You should let the people play on the official maps.
3. I never said you don't have a chance against ESL but that ESL has a much better chance of getting successful if you contribute to it then your project will ever have. Your project might succeed, but if you work with ESL it will be much easier.

Well...
to 1. i dont want to base the leadue on a mod. I mean: The official gametypes with some features which are usefull....
to 2. The official maps are good. But give the clans/players some more maps wouldnt be bad i think hmm
to 3. well possible that i understood you a bit wrong. im sorry for that and ye ESL. Thay could have more chances but still, i dont think they are really intrested in teeworlds.

If you make some modifications to your servers, they must not run the official gametypes, otherwise they will be banned from the masters. This is why I suggest they should run the pure official gametypes.

Maybe for other mods, custom maps are usefull but for competetive vanilla, they are certainly not.

Well, i thought about it again and i noticed that pure vanilla is like you said the better option.
I'm not sure about the maps. I think i would use standart maps, but give the clans the option to decide the map on which they want to play. Because every clan has diffrent maps on which they are better or worse.

Well i still have to think about starting this project.

Hey, I had same idea when I was trying to make something for Vanilla scene, but like ghost said, it's really bad, but teeworlds has a big lack in number of active clans/players.

But if you do think you can do this project, I could help you in some way.

For mod purpose here is my opinion :

- Use inQ mod for the math league just for the /pause feature and to avoid any consensus, or use Vanilla mod and forbid any pause during a match (that's kind of bad). Also, in inQ mod (the server are normal gametype finishing with a "*") /pause don't stop the respawn of weapons, which is kind of bad I think.

- For map : you should definitively use standart map at first, then if your league is a success, you could change about bringing something new.

- Don't forget you need to make CLEAR rules about such a league.

- I think the most appropriate match format should be 3v3 cause that could allow player without clan to make a temporair team. Also in rules it should be specified a player can't be in 2 teams.

- I think you are a bit pessimist about ESL. Just try to contact them at first and present your project. Like ghost said, it's maybe the best platform to use for such a thing, especially you wouldn't really need to make and host a proper website (which is a lots of work for a project you aren't even sure it will work).

So to conclude, I really like the idea, I can help in a lots of way (lend server / admin match / organise / etc...), so if you really wanna do this and you need help, use pm or I am on IRC 24/7 on #ddracemax on Quakenet.org.