Topic: Wrapping it up

We have started to play test the game right now and identify all small things that needs to be fixed before we release. It's looking really nice right now and only a few smaller things to fix. Two new CTF maps should be made as well for the release.

If you keep an eye on the trac timeline and roadmap you'll see that a lot of minor tweaks and fixes are happening right now. We will try to release 0.3.0 before xmas but it depends on how much time people have before xmas. Otherwise it will be released before new year.

I've also "equalized" the tone of the skins when using custom color and in team play so they look more uniform, easier to see.

Here are some before and after.
http://ix.teewars.com/~kma/teewars_teamskins03.png

Re: Wrapping it up

awesome!and you say the 0.3.0 will be ready before new year?guys,you'r really great.continue this way! big_smile

This is your first and last meet with my gun...   R3ynolds--->Black Wolf.

R3ynolds wrote:

awesome!and you say the 0.3.0 will be ready before new year?guys,you'r really great.continue this way! big_smile

Yes, it will be released this year. I have vacation and everything so it should be no problem.

To be really honest, I don't like the coloring of the tees as you have made them above. They look way too boring and equal, no variation at all. It would be great if they were allowed to have more individual colors and then maybe a sort of "vest" with the team color, as kids have in school sports.

But i must say i really like the design of the tees!! smile

By the way, 0.3.0 looks really promising and I look forward to it. smile

jangs wrote:

To be really honest, I don't like the coloring of the tees as you have made them above. They look way too boring and equal, no variation at all. It would be great if they were allowed to have more individual colors and then maybe a sort of "vest" with the team color, as kids have in school sports.

But i must say i really like the design of the tees!! smile

By the way, 0.3.0 looks really promising and I look forward to it. smile

They might be a bit more boring but I think that it's better to make it very clear what team they are on. There are still adjustments that can be made to let them have some more color. I'll look into it after the 0.3.0 release.

I've thought about it a little more now, maybe you just need to make the colors a little more bright/clear? And maybe choose another (or add one?) color instead of the white/grey?

And some of the tees eyes (like the third and forth from the top in the left column) are shaded, sort of. Maybe they should be just blask as the others?

But like you said, it's not top priority for 0.3.0.. All I really want is to try the ctf mode and team play smile

jangs wrote:

I've thought about it a little more now, maybe you just need to make the colors a little more bright/clear? And maybe choose another (or add one?) color instead of the white/grey?

And some of the tees eyes (like the third and forth from the top in the left column) are shaded, sort of. Maybe they should be just blask as the others?

But like you said, it's not top priority for 0.3.0.. All I really want is to try the ctf mode and team play smile

Oh, I think you have missunderstood something. The grey one isn't a real one, it's an uncolored custom tee. That whats it looks like before coloring.

The idea is that if you use any of the custom skins, which are colored in all kinds of hues, this is a method to still use them in CTF. Just like in Quake3 et al, matricks simply forces the color on whatever skin you're using.

9 (edited by Dreamy 2007-11-29 13:14:15)

Definitely an improvement from the before too the after pictures.

A tiny idea:
I noticed that most skins have the eyes always black, and a couple don´t. Pretty cool variation. It strikes me, however, that the skin on the bottom right might look better with the eyes always white rather than them adapting too the color. That could also help justify making it slightly darker, which I think it should be.

matricks wrote:
jangs wrote:

Oh, I think you have missunderstood something. The grey one isn't a real one, it's an uncolored custom tee. That whats it looks like before coloring.

ahh, now I get it!
I believe 0.3.x will be great whatever color you choose. By the way, in team play, is it posible to kill team-mates?