1 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-10-23 21:03:04)

Topic: Some Mod Scavanging

Hi guys and girls! smile

I'm trying to gather all 0.6.* mods (a sort of backup). But I can't get some of them.

So if you have Win32 executables of the following 0.6.* I would be very glad:
-Multi Mod
-Portal

I almost lost Flagball;iVampire and War3 but fortunately Apmox had fb backed up on solidfiles;Slayer fixed some link mistakes in his topic and TeePhoenix is hosting War3 pack again. smile

That would be all,thanks in advance smile

P.S. Advice: Download mods while they're still available! You might not get a 2nd chance. sad

Once in a century...

2 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:18:46)

Re: Some Mod Scavanging

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

3 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-10-19 22:41:26)

Yea I got it 2 minutes ago tongue
Thank you.

Once in a century...

Nodes 1.0.3 server bin for win32

If you use that I would recommend "sv_master_compat 1" and max players of 16. 1.0.1 clients are almost compatible but without that they would not find your server cause they don't search on kottizens one.

Download without warranty... and maybe just available short time tongue wink

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Thank you Mo2! smile And 1 more thing: what is the latest client for nodes? I've read somewhere that the client didn't change but I'm not sure.

Once in a century...

On client side the 1.0.3 version got kottizens master-server added (the only valid for maxplayers > 16) - that's all.
On server-side the 1.0.3 version got master-server autoselect, veteran-turrets, turrets-scoring and owner-selfdestruct protection.

The patch from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 nodes (client/server) is still available. But I would not upload the client as long there are copyright protected fonts used. Fonts are better in 0.6.x based TW and there was some post regarding [GDM]Error or so that told something regarding a 0.6 based version of Nodes... but I never saw it.

Why dont you just remove the copyrighted fonts >_<

-SALAD

I didn't ask for the changes in the client and server. I asked: When you made nodes 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 you changed the server,but did you made any changes to the client (except for Kottizen's masterserver)?

P.S. : You are in the Nodes development team now. So what is stopping you from changing the font used for it?

Once in a century...

SALAD wrote:

Why dont you just remove the copyrighted fonts >_<

Because Teeworlds without text sucks.

I asked: When you made nodes 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 you changed the server,but did you made any changes to the client

Nope. As far I remember right 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3 are the same clients.

P.S. : You are in the Nodes development team now.

There is no such thing like a Nodes development team. I've never wrote a sentence with Nikolai. I still don't know if he like or hate what I've done, what he plans or whatever. And even "Error" did not join a team - but confused me with a possible 0.6.x based Nodes that should be created by him (but I never saw one line code of it). 0.5.x TW and 0.6.x TW would conflict anyway. So that situation is no team but worse then alone - coz - you probably work at the wrong end of the table on an legacy version (if 0.6 version would be released some day... or not) or on a version the main initiator of the mod dislikes. And if there is really a 0.6.x version then the problems regarding fonts are gone anyway (the fonts are already replaced there).

So what is stopping you from changing the font used for it?

What is stopping anybody else? Job? Time? Family? Thin Air? ... Pick one. Maybe it's the right. smile
I think it's not really necessary to be a coder to replace a font.

Just find a font that isnt copyrighted.... you are just being lazy.

-SALAD

SALAD wrote:

Just find a font that isnt copyrighted.... you are just being lazy.

Why don't you just find a font yourself?

Mo2 wrote:

Nope. As far I remember right 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3 are the same clients.

And 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2?

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

And 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2?

From 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2 there was a client change regarding the master-server. If you host a 1.0.3 server with the compat flag and max players of 16 it's even ok.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

15 (edited by SALAD 2011-10-23 22:51:04)

I dont know what type of font Mo wants to use but here is 1001 non-copyrighted fonts that I found after some easy Googling:Click me

-SALAD

Googling was waste of time. As I tried to write a few times 0.6.x TW includes already another font called "DejaVu" which is very liberal regarding copyright. But it have to be implemented into 0.5.x ... I guess even size and so on. There was some changes from 0.5 to 0.6 regarding that step. I was frustrated when I saw such content anyway. And all that would be waste of time if there is really a 0.6.x based Nodes around that would be released. So why should I spend time into that? Call me lazy - I don't care. At the time where I stopped almost nobody used 1.0.3 nodes anyway and a 0.6.x based Nodes seems to be created already too. It seems all that I've reached was moving Nodes from 0 use to "wrong version less used (but at least used)". Doing work that is used less (or not used at all) is nonsense. Since 1.0.1 was the stuff that was used there should be no backwards step anyway.

Please stick to the topic guys

Once in a century...

Well, the portal mod isnt finished. I know the maker and i tested it with him. It wont be finished by him cuase he stopped. There wont be any portal mod since another guy continues the project.
Here you got the linky: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8093