26 (edited by matricks 2008-03-24 12:33:17)

Re: 0.4.1 released!

*not english*

I'M RUSSIAN MAN ! ß ÐÓÑÑÊÈÉ ×ÅËÎÂÅÊ !

omg Oo
what du u say?
cant read that

Sry if my language is bad >.<
im from germany:o

*not english*

AHHHHH DONT STEAL LANDILS AVATAR................

/sign struppi... its his avatar

it is my avatar !!! i create this !!! this is no avatar of landil !!! sorry it is bad english

Ah, yes. 0.4.0 is well made, and the fix works quite well, too.
The rifle is a kick ass. xD
Really nice idea with the bouncing shots, that leaves more strategic moves. I also notices how the bullets of the other guns, like the pistol, don't go straigth anymore and sap due to gravity. X)

Also neat, how the skin of the owner of the katana changes, and that shoes, which turn black, when you double jump.
Most of all I like the new map editor. Okay, a bit difficult for the first time to work with, but, a I read, there'll be a tutorial soon. The new tiles are also eye-candy, I adore the desert-one. X3

But it's bullying me, that the proper game name changed into Teeworlds, because Teewars sounds more like action, and stuff. When I read "Teeworlds", it reminds me some kind of Teletubbie-Adventure. =/
Just as the new font, which is wasting much more space than the older one.

Result: Teewars, I mean... Teeworlds is a good continue due to the older series, with lots of new features and more good-looking things to deal with. Thanks for pimpin' this game. big_smile

renestach wrote:
FunOrb wrote:

New game look's grate but i can't run it.
Whats the problem, im linux user. (ubuntu)
TeeWorlds latest version i was downloaded from getdeb.net (debian file)

I am running the package provided by teeworlds on Ubuntu 7. Just download it, extract it and start it. (BTW, I couldn't find teeworlds 0.4.x on getdeb.net).

René

Ok, I follow the example of you:

www.teeworlds.com > Downloads > New Release: 0.4.1 > Operating system: Linux x86_64 > Save file as desktop. > Ok now i have .tar.gz package file and i extract it. > Ok now i have extrackded folder @ my desktop > i open the folder and i see more files:

teeworlds_srv, teeworlds, readme.txt, license.txt and folder data. Ok i need to run teewars file. Ok i try to open that but nothing happens.

How u can run the program?

Invisible Killer

Try opening a terminal, change to your teeworlds directory using "cd", then start teeworlds with ./teeworlds

Used to be very active waay back

bash: /home/user/Desktop/TeeWorlds/tee/teeworlds: cannot execute binary file

Invisible Killer

Ok now i can run the program but no colors and images :S

Invisible Killer

FunOrb wrote:

Ok now i can run the program but no colors and images :S

How have you extracted it? Maybe you haven't extracted all files and folders and now the images are missing. The easiest way to extract everything is by downloading it, opening it with a double click in the file browser and then extracting it.

That is quite similar to how I started it: Opened the file browser and double clicked on "teeworlds".

Hmm im linux user...

Invisible Killer

How did you wanted to start?

You have to extract the whole file in any directory. Then just cd to this dir and launch ./teeworlds. maybe you have to change the permissions for the file, do this with 'chmod +x ./teeworlds'

hth, dotty

ftp://dotty.homeunix.net
user/pass=teeworlds

Hmm... When I do "../bam/src/bam server_release", I got many errors like:

crc32.c:(.text+0x6ed): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
crc32.c:(.text+0x798): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
crc32.c:(.text+0x7c4): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'

Know anyone how solve this problem ? TeeWars 3.4 were compiled normally, there are errors only in 4.0 and 4.1...

Bam was updated for 0.4.x. You should download the newest version from http://www.teeworlds.com/files/bam.zip

S. 0. A. R. wrote:

Hmm... When I do "../bam/src/bam server_release", I got many errors like:

crc32.c:(.text+0x6ed): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
crc32.c:(.text+0x798): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
crc32.c:(.text+0x7c4): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'

Know anyone how solve this problem ? TeeWars 3.4 were compiled normally, there are errors only in 4.0 and 4.1...

I've enabled stack protector by default when compiling. remove the stack protector lines from the default.bam and "bam -c all" to clean then build again.

matricks wrote:

I've enabled stack protector by default when compiling. remove the stack protector lines from the default.bam and "bam -c all" to clean then build again.

Really thanks...

44 (edited by Rivers 2008-03-25 11:46:40)

Looking forward to a tutorial on the new editor! Can't seem to get the background images like the sky, sun and stars to move with the player's view. At least when I use old maps as a base now I won't save over them accidentally so easily ;D

eschen wrote:

Chi11y ist not cool, its gay ass childish

"people who play good" LOL srsly ... if you cant remember that you Doublejumped, then youre not a good player ........ and on which map again can you stay airborn for you to FORGET that you d-jumped again? certainly not in duel ....

You're 11.

ne1 else gets that strange flegmatic and slowness feeling while playing the new version? tongue
dunno how, but game lost a lot if its priceless dynamic due to velocity physics changes :<
running after opponent with flag isnt that fun anymore :C

I think it just seems slower. I've checked how much time I needed to get from one flag to the other one in ctf2 - it took me usually 12-14 secs, the same as in 0.3.4. On one of the race maps (I don't know which exactly it was) I had 55-58 secs, and the same times I had in 0.3.4.

Backgrounds on both ctf maps are hideous... hmm

Awesome work TEEm.

I especially like the new license.

http://mrcopilot.blogspot.com/2008/03/t … s-fun.html

If you would like the rest of my thoughts.

MrCopilot

I dont like new 4.xx versions. Basic maps colors change is wrong idea. Its hard to see where is the rope, its hard to see how many ammo left, especialy for shootgun. New nade animation is realy bad, when it explode, i have no idea, if tee is  death or not, its too big. And performance is not good.
In other hand i like: map dowlonding, and new gun. But too many maps is not good ether.

ctf2 still >> other ctf maps tongue
i got a little used to 0.4.1, not so bad if u play it for a while, but i needed to switch off quality textures to let the game look playable for me and upgrade game.png so i can see weps better, ammo and added some more contrasting with background details to crosshairs :]
but i still cant forgive that rocket jump physics change ><