Topic: Protocol Documentation

Hi all, (and particularly the developers)

Just wondering if it'd be possible to work on some kind of protocol documentation for Teeworlds, so that we can make bots and etc. I'm particularly interested in the packing/unpacking functions. (which I can't get my head around)

Thanks

Re: Protocol Documentation

VicarOfTea wrote:

Hi all, (and particularly the developers)

Just wondering if it'd be possible to work on some kind of protocol documentation for Teeworlds, so that we can make bots and etc. I'm particularly interested in the packing/unpacking functions. (which I can't get my head around)

Thanks

I'm in the middle of rewriting the middle network layer. Kinda useless to spend time to write protocol documentation while the game still is in alpha. Too much changes.

Can we get only a few informations? maybe the unpacking etc ?!

tjado wrote:

Can we get only a few informations? maybe the unpacking etc ?!

No, thats the part that I've rewritten, kinda useless to document something that is already outdated.

About bots. The bots doesn't need to know the protocol. You should be resided inside the server and control a dummy player. They shouldn't be separate clients them self.

EDIT: btw, I prefer to wait until Teeworlds exits alpha status into beta status before writing any kind of protocol documentation. Just too much is changing to be worth it.

yep okay

i hope you will add the possibility to run rcon commands without connecting to the server complete

I'll just keep waiting smile

Thanks for the quick response big_smile