Topic: Suggestions for 0.2.1

I'm almost done with all tickets for 0.2.1 so I'm taking suggestions and bug-reports on what should be fixed to 0.2.1. We are aiming for a release this week.

The list of stuff fixed and going to be fixed can be found here : http://ix.teewars.com/trac/query?milestone=0.2.1
Some of the descriptions on the tickets can be kinda technical, so if you have a problem but don't know if it has been fixed, just ask.

So, fire away!

2 (edited by ohyeah 2007-08-08 18:27:23)

Re: Suggestions for 0.2.1

I think the ninja powerup is too strong.
Make it weaker or reduce the timelimit.

Maybe it's just me, because i never get it wink

Edit:
Perhaps reduce the 'fly-speed' a bit, so the other players has a greater chance to avoid it.

I like it as it is tongue

Slayer

It's hammering time!

4 (edited by Nic2 2007-08-08 20:12:50)

Maprotation so you can play for longer on the same server without having to play the same map all the time. smile

5 (edited by jonte 2007-08-08 21:12:46)

ohyeah wrote:

I think the ninja powerup is too strong.
Make it weaker or reduce the timelimit.

Maybe it's just me, because i never get it wink

Edit:
Perhaps reduce the 'fly-speed' a bit, so the other players has a greater chance to avoid it.

I agree.

It's too powerful compared to what you have to defend yourself with. You have virtually no chance to defend yourself against a well trained ninja. smile

Map rotation requires new network stuff so that wont be for 0.2.1. Probably 0.3.0.

Regarding the Ninja. The ninja is our version of quad damage and similar things in other games. It's met to be powerful. When playing many player on a server running dm1 it becomes very good because its packed with players. Playing on a larger map it becomes less powerful because it's harder to find many people to kill with it and easier to escape it.

You can defend you self against it. Always try to be behind a corner and throw rockets after you. Using this tactic you can avoid it quite well.

I don't think I will tune it down for 0.2.1, I will leave it as it is for now and see what happens down the road.

I'd like the grappling hook to be just a little bit longer! Not only is it annoying to constantly miss the wall by a pixel or two, but it would also allow for more open maps without having to walk everywhere.

And scrolling through your weapons could be usefull..

Spectate view with both "free roam" and "tee lock" would probably be appreciated. Though I guess that comes natural when introducing more game types like Last Man Standing etc..

Also, I want Last Man Standing. smile ..and Last Team Standing, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, and more! All these with instagib as an option.

gibbon wrote:

I'd like the grappling hook to be just a little bit longer! Not only is it annoying to constantly miss the wall by a pixel or two, but it would also allow for more open maps without having to walk everywhere.

And scrolling through your weapons could be usefull..

Spectate view with both "free roam" and "tee lock" would probably be appreciated. Though I guess that comes natural when introducing more game types like Last Man Standing etc..

Also, I want Last Man Standing. smile ..and Last Team Standing, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, and more! All these with instagib as an option.

Most of these suggestions requires netcode changes which it not possible for 0.2.1. Regarding the hook length, many asks for this but I'm very very skeptic about it. I think I will write a rant about why the hook has the length it has. I'll do that tomorrow.

Maybe a 3-seconds 'god-mode' after spawning after dying?

Scrolling trough weapons using the mouse wheel and some gibs flying around when fragged by a grenade would be nice smile

Oh, and also a console would be useful (which logs kills and chat etc)

Haven't had 0.2.1 running for long yet but seems to work fine, good job smile

Slayer

It's hammering time!