Topic: CTF stuff.

I've worked out a lot of smaller bugs here and there in the GUI. Had some time to cleanup some debug stuff that shouldn't bethere aswell. Made sure that it compiles under windows as we are going to start doing some real play testing. I also done some nessesary CTF gui stuff like a flag status indicator. And here is what it looks like.

http://ix.teewars.com/~kma/teewars_ctf01.png

http://ix.teewars.com/~kma/teewars_ctf02.png

http://ix.teewars.com/~kma/teewars_ctf03.gif

0.3.0 is getting closer and closer. big_smile

Re: CTF stuff.

<3 big_smile

Used to be very active waay back

Blinking doesn´t seem like a very good idea too me, might get annoying.

Dreamy wrote:

Only going to be blinking for at most 20-30 seconds before the flag is automatically returned. Probably less because someone will pick it up or return it. It should be very clear and a constant reminder of that the flag is in a volatile state.

matricks wrote:
Dreamy wrote:

Only going to be blinking for at most 20-30 seconds before the flag is automatically returned. Probably less because someone will pick it up or return it. It should be very clear and a constant reminder of that the flag is in a volatile state.

Still think I´d prefer some other way than blinking. A flapping flag animation? A waving flag animation? The flag shining brightly?

Dreamy wrote:

Blinking is good because it's just that, "annoying". that way you cant really miss the fact that the flag is on the loose because the blinking intentionally gets you attention whatever you are doing. your right tough ,this effect can probably be found in some other way as well, making the flag jump, spin, jump and glow, spin and scale, or something like that. but thats something up for experimentation later on ^^

Fair enough.

I'm voting for non blinking.

(Scale a bit larger and wave?)

Repeating line at the top right corner of your screen:
RallyHagge!  ( ••)   ?????  ( ><) Your name

9 (edited by airen 2007-11-22 01:24:04)

I vote for just a tad slower blinking. Isn't blinking kind of standard these days?
(The flag could possibly be wider/larger yes oO.)

aka kiwi

I vote for blinking. I believe scaling won't be obvious enough without getting too big.

Used to be very active waay back

I vote for blinking. big_smile everything looks just great. can´t wait until the 0.3.0 release

If god exist, religion is his greatest mistake

Me neither! I wish v0.3.0 for christmas! lol
(An extra xmas special map where its snowing would be neat!)

Repeating line at the top right corner of your screen:
RallyHagge!  ( ••)   ?????  ( ><) Your name