Topic: 0.4.1 released!

After the somewhat hectic release of 0.4.0, we've scrounged up some bugs (with many thanks to our active community) and released this maintenance release. The changelist is long and diverse, but highlights include fixes for the weapon switching, the addition of spectator slots and numerous improvements to the keybinding system.

Get 0.4.1 right here!

Re: 0.4.1 released!

Amazing fix smile
As always, gg devteam!

aka oop²

Yay! Cool big_smile

Core2Quad QX9650 12MB 4x3,00GHz - Razer Lachesis - Corsair 8 GB XMS2 DDRII PC6400 RAM DualChannel - Nvidia GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-E - Windows Vista Ultimate EN 64-bit

4 (edited by Mr.Roman 2008-03-23 19:00:17)

Server not use config.cfg
Command teeworlds_srv -f config.cfg not work

I Find
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=952

The black feet thingy loosk better now BUT ITS STILL USELESS AND ANNOYING why the hell did you put that in anyways .....

skidding still a major annoyance too

eschen: those feets are great. People who play good sometimes is in the air for long times, so long that you dont remember if you have the 2nd jump left.

Skidding is just cool smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

7 (edited by aopst 2008-03-23 19:57:47)

gj guys with still upgrading the game :]
but few of new things just dont actually fit me well tongue
my gamestyle went somehow imo. much slower and a bit cause rocket jump physics  are strange now yikes
it's hard to use rockets to gain more speed while running away with flag or trying to overtake other tee on ctf2 long platforms :\
maybe i can get used to bit different physics of hook but the last ver rj was much better tongue

Chi11y ist not cool, its gay ass childish

"people who play good" LOL srsly ... if you cant remember that you Doublejumped, then youre not a good player ........ and on which map again can you stay airborn for you to FORGET that you d-jumped again? certainly not in duel ....

Maybe in the next release it will be toggable?!

aka oop²

i would hope so i'd love that

i turn crazy about the automap downloader it´s n1 idea but the old version was easy
when i doanloade a map and teh map change alle things i doanloded are away i ty to downlaode the race maps but they change all 2minutes >.< and the donalode took so long can i downloade the maps manuale like in 3.4?

I think that rocket launcher should be re-tweaked as well as the font... neutral

stitikivi: you can still dl maps as usual

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Nice update. I just wish it was possible to toggle between weapons with the middle mouse button like in Counter-Strike for example. That would be a very nice addition to the game.

Work is for people that can't play video games lol

yay some people post there map in the thread but i think many wont do that
i hope the auto donwloade will be faster in next versions

yeah i like 0.4.1 really much^^
but the problem: ive got a too stupid sound card,and then suddelny my sound goes off^^

Sry if my language is bad >.<
im from germany:o

Very Nice!

I like it!

18 (edited by Stroganoff 2008-03-24 02:02:15)

- Weapon switching is still awkward. It just doesn't respond the way it used to do.
- Rope shoots too fast: so its now way more difficult to "prepare" the swing while shooting in another direction, especially if you're falling down. (compared to 0.3)
- I still can't see **** on ctf2 because of the dark background.

- Weapon switching is still awkward. It just doesn't respond the way it used to do.

Yep, it's still not improved. I wrote about it there

- Rope shoots too fast: so its now way more difficult to "prepare" the swing while shooting in another direction, especially if you're falling down. (compared to 0.3)

Agree. The hook in 0.4.x doesn't give any major advantages although it's faster. I think the hook in 0.3.4 was better.

Stroganoff wrote:

Believe me, it has to shoot so fast to make up for other physics changes. (which were necessary according to matricks) And it's no big deal because you can still do the same things you did in 0.3, I tested on myself - it just needs a bit of practise.

- I still can't see **** on ctf2 because of the dark background.

I can. smile

The proxy of death / noWai!

21 (edited by Stroganoff 2008-03-24 04:48:04)

Ergo Proxy wrote:

I can. smile

I just guess your screen is a rather new/expensive LCD or a plain CRT. Mine's not.
A. An LCD (i think) needs longer to change from grey to that dark blue than from grey to the old pale blue on ctf2.
B. The colors (dark hook, dark tees, tiny pistol/shotgun trails, shotgun ammo hud) just merge with the dark background when moving on high velocity (a.k.a. always). The background HAS to be made switch-able or revert to the old one.

This and the cpu/gpu performance problem resulting in unprecise and unreliable controls and visuals on my fine pc are the major no-go enjoyment killers for me right now. I can always adapt to gameplay changes and will continue to pwn some bit as soon as the technical foundation is back to former 0.3 glory.

(Those new explosion effects and nade trails are still over the top and hit the performance additionally.)

eschen wrote:

The black feet thingy loosk better now BUT ITS STILL USELESS AND ANNOYING why the hell did you put that in anyways .....

skidding still a major annoyance too

Turn it off if you don't like it, the option was added in 0.4.1
cl_airjumpindicator 0

New game look's grate but i can't run it.
Whats the problem, im linux user. (ubuntu)
TeeWorlds latest version i was downloaded from getdeb.net (debian file)

Invisible Killer

FunOrb wrote:

New game look's grate but i can't run it.
Whats the problem, im linux user. (ubuntu)
TeeWorlds latest version i was downloaded from getdeb.net (debian file)

I am running the package provided by teeworlds on Ubuntu 7. Just download it, extract it and start it. (BTW, I couldn't find teeworlds 0.4.x on getdeb.net).

René

25 (edited by matricks 2008-03-24 12:33:46)

*not english*

I'M RUSSIAN MAN ! ß ÐÓÑÑÊÈÉ ×ÅËÎÂÅÊ !