Re: Finishing touches

heinrich5991 wrote:
Elite Tee wrote:
Franchan wrote:

even though graphical development is moving forward, but are any major coding/ game play being implemented in 0.6?

Well 0.6 is written in Lua...And don't think that this is nothing special,it's a great leap in development! smile

You're not really up-to-date. That was given up months ago.

Even more than a year.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

27 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-03-20 17:42:29)

I'm just saying smile

EDIT: Ok now I'm soo f***ing confused!

Landil wrote:

Just to give you an idea about what happened: the whole code was refactored to provide a better readability, the engine was in big parts ported from C to C++.

From Main page>News. Date: 2011-02-14

Matricks wrote:

Right now you have to learn C++. When 0.6.0 comes out you have to learn Lua because all game play code will be written in it.

Thats what Matricks said back in 8-3-2009. This is the topic

Once in a century...

Emotes aren't only for spamming, but they add a whole new level of cuteness to the game smile

So I ask you Mods,Admins and Devs:
Could you please post a list of versions and in what programming language they were wrotten?

Once in a century...

teeworlds is almost completely written in c and c++, only for the building process some python scripts are used, and the protocol is also generated with python scripts (however, this creates c/c++ code). For the latest release, a lot of the c code used has been refactored and teeworlds is now based on c++ even more. Lua is in fact not used at all. There was a plan for that, but it has, as stated before, been abandoned long ago.

I'm glad you found this topic, as you just need to click on the following topics to find out what changed.
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7526
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7576

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!