Topic: [NODES] Nodes Map Design Contest (discussion thread)

I know its not allowed to write a comment but this not rlly a comment its more an apply.
First of all, I like "nodes", and i would be happy about making a map.
But i just think the prices arent enouth. I think a skinn, al logo or a t-shirt whatever isnt enouth for working on a great map against other or probrably better mappers. I am not sure yet. Pls contact me skype or write an e-mail if you want me in your contest.
Skype name: ich1234566
E-mail: sven.salt@yahoo.de
And possible that you know some of my maps if you know *Blu3Kitts*

|D@RN|*$aLt.               sry for my bad english
|D@RN| Clan Leader

Re: [NODES] Nodes Map Design Contest (discussion thread)

If you don't want to participate in the contest, you don't have to. I'm actually doing it for fun. Call it a hobby. wink

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

I'm not sure if you really get the point Salt. First of all, this is an open source project. We're all doing this in our spare time for the common good. Usually there is no need for a price, but I wanted to set an incentive for this contest as I know a good map needs time anf efforts. If you do not want to participate you're free to ignore it. Besides, most of the kids would kill for an avatar or logo of me.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

"Besides, most of the kids would kill for an avatar or logo of me."

I would never kill for a logo haha ;P
What is that for a price?? I can do it myself ,too
sure it wouldnt be as good as yours but i think its not a good price ;/

|D@RN|*$aLt.               sry for my bad english
|D@RN| Clan Leader

Salt wrote:

"Besides, most of the kids would kill for an avatar or logo of me."

I would never kill for a logo haha ;P
What is that for a price?? I can do it myself ,too
sure it wouldnt be as good as yours but i think its not a good price ;/

Well, I thank you for supporting the nodes map design contest by supplying us with some further great prices.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

I would kill for a logo or avatar from you big_smile

-SALAD

I have a question: now that it has been stated that servers with 16+ players will crash, is the map supposed to be for 16 players now?

8 (edited by Mo2 2011-03-26 04:20:00)

Nodes does not crash with more then 16 players (it could even crash below wink) but it might crash normal TW-players (cause normal TW does not think there could be more then 16 clients in a server).
So if you would run a server that carries more then 16 players you can do so - but - you have to use a different master-server (Kottizens one).
Currently the pre-compiled nodes-clients just look at the common master servers so if you host a server that allows more then 16 players you have to choose to register it at a master-server that is probably not asked from all clients or you get banned if you still host it at normal master servers. But it's not so difficult to make an "if maxplayer > 16 just register on that ... else register on all the other stuff". And it's even an option to switch fully th kottizens masterserver in the next release of nodes (which is necessary at all cause current nodes makes fun but contains lot of bugs).

We played my map many hours 3 vs 3 to late night and even with just 6 players I had fun (and I guess even the others had or they leaved cause it was late). I've never played it with 24 players (I've played the smaller nds_sunlitForest with more then 16 players on my server) but know the sections of the map (for example lower mid section make sense with 2-3 players as attackers and 2-3 defenders because we played that section until we reached the reactor for many minutes) - but even in meanwhile there is a huge area of the map alone (and we even played on the other sections. So if everybody is keeping it's battle going on I guess 6-24 would fit best. I'm pretty sure even more then 24 would fit in a 475x270 map but then there would be probably 4 vs 4 in the same section and it's getting lower space.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Call me stupid, I dont find my map in the Nodes folder (neither in Nodes/maps nor in Nodes/data/maps). Besides something like a config directory doesnt exist, does it?
Pls help me wink

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

Which OS?

Did you enable showing hidden folders and look in your users homedir for something like nodes?

Greetings.
Mo(2)

11 (edited by Delo 2011-04-02 09:02:50)

My OS is vista x64.
And yes, hidden folders are enabled but can't find any big_smile (btw. are there hidden folders in nodes?)
Ingame it's no problem to open my map in editor.
I try something else^^

greetings
Delo

//add: maybe i could set up my server and somebody downloads the map and send it to me? tongue

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

Try looking in the config_directory of the latest (non-client) version of Teeworlds, then in "maps".

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

hmm i looked up every single config directory of 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 but no map..
dont know what to do..somebody tried it? where are the maps normally?

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

I killed this guy that was called "Lappi" or "Leppi" for my avatar made by Landil!

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Hmpf I still can't post my map sad

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

Delo: wrote:

which operating system do you use?

Landil wrote:
Delo: wrote:

which operating system do you use?

I asked that already and the answer was: vista x64

Mo2 wrote:

I asked that already and the answer was: vista x64

Windows Vista? Bad choice,it worse than XP. So either XP or 7.
And afaik tw is a little buggy on 64 bit OS.

Once in a century...

Yeah Elite Tee, someone is going to dish out a hundred dollars for XP...

I don't have bugs, i'm running 64 bit Teeworlds Trunk

I don't use it on windows. So I can't tell you where to find the folder there without starting it myself. But I'm pretty sure it's in a folder in your profile/homedir. And I'm even pretty sure it's not the teeworlds folder (it's a different "nodes" folder here). So I guess: "c:\users\myloginusername\*\nodes\maps" - but I don't know what the * should be. Probably it doesn't got a subfolder or it's somewhere below roaming or app-whatever-crap. There are even two different switches to enable to (really) show all hidden folders (and there are many in your profile). But I'm pretty sure there are windows-users out there that know how to map in nodes so I wonder a little bit why there is still no answer.

Btw. is your filesearch still running since you asked first time? wink ... yes sometimes it even find files in windows.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

MOOOO2 haha I found it big_smile
And ye i remembered your word roaming and there it has been...why nodes doesnt save the maps in normal maps folder? (for all who have the same prob the maps are here -> C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Nodes)
Btw. vista is crap, i know that, but it was installed as OEM on my pc...

Thankful,
Delo

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

At least your map looks nice. smile - It's even a big map... so ...again more nodes-players would be nice. I've put it on both of my servers but did not reload the config on the normal nodes server so far cause there was guys playing.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

cool! smile
thx therefore! ye more nodes players should participate...

Greetings,
Delo

visit our clan!
=Eagle=