Topic: Compatibility break - graphics

You've already seen that 0.6 graphics will change. All tilesets except the grass one will be changed. There will be several new tiles and reworked tiles which will force you to update your custom maps. Here's a summary of the tileset which (do not) need to be retiled for 0.6

compatible:
grass tileset (main tiles, doodads, background)
winter tileset (main tiles)
desert tileset (background)

incompatible:
winter tileset (doodads)
desert (doodads, partly main tiles)
jungle tiles (main tiles, doodads, background)

changes
grass tileset: none
winter tileset: new icy main tiles, scratched walls, main tiles without snow; reworked doodads with more variations, new background mountains
desert: reworked main tiles (cleaner look, additional tiles), new doodads (suprise, suprise), one additional background
jungle tileset: overhauled main tiles with bigger stones and several options to vary the appearance, doodads (a lot of plants, grass, tileable lianas ...).

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Re: Compatibility break - graphics

Nice!
So there will be an additionaly desert_doodads finally?

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

wapps.warpaint.: yes wink

4 (edited by Crises 2011-04-06 17:04:29)

wapps.warpaint. wrote:

Nice!
So there will be an additionaly desert_doodads finally?

yes wink we divide the old desert tiles into main tiles and doodads
there wasn't enough place to put both tilesets into one wink

In terms of graphics and tilesets.

May we see water/waterfalls too in the next version officially ?

Will the clouds remain as they are now ?

Well for desert theme maybe add a dry bush curling in the wind?

It feels kinda static now, and I think official maps should show whats possible with the envelope editor tool.

exalkun wrote:

Well for desert theme maybe add a dry bush curling in the wind?

It feels kinda static now, and I think official maps should show whats possible with the envelope editor tool.

I agree with your statement, and i already made a animated dry bush some months ago (i will host some animations soon) but i guess we dont have enough time to rework the maps again and add some special quads...

7 (edited by ghost 2011-04-07 15:00:22)

@Crises: Well, just start with it, the maps have to be reworked anyway, if I am not wrong. So even if it is not done until 0.6 there is no reason to not work on that. We won't have the work for 0.7 then.

8 (edited by T2 2011-04-08 10:33:59)

kinda off topic but(!)

i really like this game! this communtity is keep making changes to the game and add new features i don't say i do not like that but i wish you will change something about the TEE it self like adding new tee's some you made by the staffmembers or players of the forums, and change some graphics about the TEE it self maybe a better design with better graphics i do not say i don't like teeworlds how it looks now but maybe change abit about the TEE feature would be nice as specially the defualt skins that are already in teeworlds it self maybe add more!

this is totally not a hating comment i really really like teeworlds and i will keep playing it,
but this change will be verry nice to the game it self smile

bye,
T2 <2

9 (edited by Zatline 2011-04-08 16:24:02)

RedBerry wrote:

kinda off topic but(!)

i really like this game! this communtity is keep making changes to the game and add new features i don't say i do not like that but i wish you will change something about the TEE it self like adding new tee's some you made by the staffmembers or players of the forums, and change some graphics about the TEE it self maybe a better design with better graphics i do not say i don't like teeworlds how it looks now but maybe change abit about the TEE feature would be nice as specially the defualt skins that are already in teeworlds it self maybe add more!

this is totally not a hating comment i really really like teeworlds and i will keep playing it,
but this change will be verry nice to the game it self smile

bye,
T2 <2

We (mainly Landil) want to change the skin system after 0.6.0. It's already planed.
And it's possible that we add new skins. smile

Zatline wrote:

We (mainly Landil) want to change the skin system after 0.6.0. It's already planed.

Wonderful! Can't wait! smile

BTW: What about game and particles?

Once in a century...

Zatline wrote:

i'm already looking forward to it now!
can't wait sad

goodluck with 0.6 <3