Topic: [TEST] Is Teeworlds 0.6 near?

teeworlds.com/forum wrote:

Help us test Teeworlds 0.6!
Help us test the latest changes to Teeworlds! The downloads are here, report bugs on Github. This version is not compatible with version 0.5.2.

Does that mean we're near to the release?
Yep, i know

matricks and oy wrote:

It's done when it's done

But there's written 0.6, so that means devs are pushing the new version, am I right?
Well, I'm posting this poll to know how many people in this community are testing the new version or using other clients..

Sincerely,

your Apmox. wink

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Re: [TEST] Is Teeworlds 0.6 near?

I would use it, when I could, but somehow always an error occures with freetype.dll ^^

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Download it from for example here: http://www.nodevice.com/dll/freetype_dll/item6801.html
And copy it to C:\Windows\System32\

But, as for me, teeworlds does not start up, even after the *.dll bug (or whatever it is) is fixed.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

It's true that we are approaching the 0.6 release more and more. But still don't be impatient. You gave the famous qoute "it's done when it's done" yourself.

That the version changed to 0.6 only means that we have gone to a netversion, which is also the reason why trunk versions are now incompatible to 0.5. However, this also means that a lot of important changes have been done. Be sure to help testing the new version, as soon as it is possible.

The client hangs up with the message [client] starting... the cursour disappears and cpu usage is at 100%

Holy shit?

6 (edited by Dune 2011-04-01 16:55:01)

It seems this new message only means oy broke the compatibility of the devlopment version with the 0.5.2.
That's one step closer to 0.6, but doesn't mean 0.6 is ready to be pushed and will be in the next couple of days.
(If I understood if right, of course)

Edit: By the way, this poll makes no sense. What's the link with the topic? Oo

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

It seems this new message only means oy broke the compatibility of the devlopment version with the 0.5.2.
That's one step closer to 0.6, but doesn't mean 0.6 is ready to be pushed and will be in the next couple of days.
(If I understood if right, of course)

Edit: By the way, this poll makes no sense. What's the link with the topic? Oo

+1 ... the version number change doesn't mean that 0.6.0 is near. It's just a step to be able to apply incompatible patches.

8 (edited by Apmox 2011-04-01 19:28:53)

BotoX wrote:

The client hangs up with the message [client] starting... the cursour disappears and cpu usage is at 100%

TeeKilla wrote:

Download it from for example here: http://www.nodevice.com/dll/freetype_dll/item6801.html
And copy it to C:\Windows\System32\
But, as for me, teeworlds does not start up, even after the *.dll bug (or whatever it is) is fixed.

That's not a bed news, you can help the developing reporting these bugs, maybe they could be fixed wink

ghost91 wrote:

It's true that we are approaching the 0.6 release more and more. But still don't be impatient. You gave the famous qoute "it's done when it's done" yourself. That the version changed to 0.6 only means that we have gone to a netversion, which is also the reason why trunk versions are now incompatible to 0.5. However, this also means that a lot of important changes have been done. Be sure to help testing the new version, as soon as it is possible.

I'm not impatient, i just noticed some changes.. Yep I'm testing it as much as possible, and I'm happy to see that there are a lot of important changes smile

heinrich5991 wrote:

+1 ... the version number change doesn't mean that 0.6.0 is near. It's just a step to be able to apply incompatible patches.

Ok, i got it, should I change the title with "Could we help developers with testing the trunk?" or again "Teeworlds 0.6 could be near if we help devs".

Dune wrote:

By the way, this poll makes no sense. What's the link with the topic?

It is that I would know (and I guess devs would, too) how many players use trunk for playing and/or for testing it..

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

[4d964eac][client]: starting...
[4d964eac][engine/mastersrv]: refreshing master server addresses
[4d964ead][client/sound]: sound init successful
[4d964ead][textrender]: loaded pFont from 'data/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf'
[4d964ead][textrender]: default pFont set 08610034

Client is stopping exactly here wink

If you're using Linux, compile the debug version and use gdb to find out why.

Gdb also exists for windows but the client just stopps it isn't crashing so i have no idea whats the problem sad

12 (edited by kneekoo 2011-04-03 01:18:44)

I'm using the Linux x86 build #r5beae410 and it works as smooth as the current stable version. Well... actually my Xorg froze while I was in-game but I can't tell if Teeworlds did it or it was just my crappy Intel video driver (GMA 3100).

P.S. What does "netversion" mean anyway? This is the last string I have to translate and I don't know where it's used and for what.

i use trunk client but 5.2.0 server hosing app for mac because the trunk server application gives me a time out whenever i try to join