Topic: 0.4.0 released!

We're extremely proud to announce the latest release, 0.4.0. The entire map management and editor has been redone, and we now officially support custom maps! In addition, the input and binding system has been reworked, and the entire codebase has undergone a major security revision, as well as a much-needed update to the license. The game is now officially open source. Special thanks are directed to ShootMe and Chi11y for their contributions.

Read the full changelog and download 0.4.0 here!

With regards to the name change, please read this announcement.

2 (edited by eschen 2008-03-22 23:43:29)

Re: 0.4.0 released!

Not only a new name, this is a totally different GAME ... some MAJOR game mechanic changes ...

i tested the beta and i hoped that the final version would be better...now i´m really disapointed ...sad..

i find no server why ??

sry i´m completly disapointed of the actual version i thougt there will only be a new weapon implementation and some features like the auto map downloading

but what i think is that this is a complet new game which only have the same style as teewars

basic movements changend of the grenade launcher and the tees themself
and the map editor seams more diffcult then before

i hope some things will be fixed as soon as possible

greets Marik16

What's with this new license? Espacially point 4? Why didn't you pick a free software license?

(Linux 32 bit and osx ppc is pending)
how soon to expect version for linux?

my native lang is translate.google.com (:

Well contrary of the others users think; i like the new version, and i think that the effects are so great. (They remind me at worms)

i think most of the new things are useless
wehre can i turn off the animation or that the tees foots turm black without double jump <.< AND WHERE CAN I MAKE THE HOOK LONGER

thx devs

and dont hear about the new version crying, that happens to all games when a new version release wink

jeppo wrote:

thx devs

and dont hear about the new version crying, that happens to all games when a new version release wink

if they don´t hear about our crying(feedback)then how could they improve the game

plz tell me ??

firstly, this seriously isn't a new game. You're being childish if you think it is, and people, give the new release some time. After you've played a while I'm sure you'll like, and saying you are "completely dissapointed" after playing for like, 10 minutes isn't very smart.

I like Teeworlds 0.4 very much and I gratulate matricks and the other devs for a great release! smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

main window looks terrible! this font, cursor...
where is the old name? teewars sounds better than teeworlds...
i expected something better from this new version

14 (edited by Sebaci 2008-03-23 00:55:49)

I tested the earlier version yesterday and it was better though the hook was shorter...

The laser gun sucks a lot. I thought it would have ininite ammo and looked as it had been supposed to look.

What is incomprehensible, weapon changing is so crappy, that I can only cry while doing that... When I change weapons with mouse, it works worse than in 0.3.4. When I want to change from pistol to shotgun I never know wheter it changes anyway or changes to grenade launcher. You know what I mean? When I scroll my mouse wheel up a bit, I don't know if the weapon's gonna change and to which weapon... that's weird. And what is more, when I use keyboard to change weapons, I can't do this with mouse anymore...

My FPS sometimes decreases in some parts of maps. Can't my GF 4 MX handle that many layers or what? But it's not new, the same was in 0.3.4, but more rarely (only in undergrounds in darker areas).

And this looks strange:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7986/twaq7.png

Of course I can say some possitive things about teeworlds. It's great the hook isn't shortened. Physics, weapons are good (gravity counts), except the new one. Tee's feet change to black after rejump and that's very beneficial, because the player knows if he still can rejump.

Graphics are good, look better with these colors.

Players run faster, that's definitely a possitive change.

That's all for now :]

Tomaszq wrote:

main window looks terrible! this font, cursor...
where is the old name? teewars sounds better than teeworlds...
i expected something better from this new version

if u read the blog then you understand the name change

and i don´t played it for just like 10 mins i downloaded a dev version from this link http://rajhshanks.free.fr/teewars.rar

this link was a server name in 0.3.4 and most v4. changes are included there so
the  best thing in the new version is the auto map downloader and the laser

the new grafics are very cool smile but the new movement?? NO... pls do it like before!!

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Teewars sounds better. [2]
~ Are you trying to hide the true?

I liked the new version in parts.
Autodownloading maps is one good function, but the maps don't go to maps folder!
I think the 0.4 must be compatible with older versions... hmm
I approved the laser gun at all.
But please, remove some ammunitions at ctf1 official map!
It's very ugly!

And please, don't wait to fix bugs!

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

sao i played the first race on 4.o and i must say race isn´t the same
i feel as i walk as ice its hard to controll the tee <.<
the hook if it´s srter or not
ican´t do things with this hook which i did in 3.4 i hope u will change this new hook
and the controll O.o what was u thinkig it doesnt make fun don´t have controle about the tee
i hope u will fix it

yep... the hook is definitively shorter sad

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

well, you should have seen how it was yesterday.. (:

then again, if someone who thinks the hook is too short could just try to do some tuning on his/her server and let us know what value feels natural, that helps.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

the hook was perfekt in 3.4 i think it´s just a little work to change it

The hook length ISN'T SHORTER. If it is, is a very very very tiny fraction.

http://teeworlds.com/blogimg/hook_length.png

Thats from dm6 in 0.4.0. The collision hasn't changed on that spot from 0.3.4 to 0.4.0. If you stand there and shoot straight up, you can almost hook the roof. If you take one step to the right, you can reach it. This is the same in 0.3.4 and 0.4.0.

yes i know the leghnt is the sam i test it but is aother hook u can´t tell me that the 3.4 hook and the 4.0 hook are the same they have diffrents and i hope u will bring the 3.4 hook back and the control of 3.4
and don´t think i think everything in 4.0 isn´t good but if nobody say something nothing will change...

if the hook isn't shorter then it is slower but i share stivikivi's opinion that the hook isnt the same like in version 3.4... pls fix it...

*gV* rox ^^

stivikivi wrote:

yes i know the leghnt is the sam i test it but is aother hook u can´t tell me that the 3.4 hook and the 4.0 hook are the same they have diffrents and i hope u will bring the 3.4 hook back and the control of 3.4
and don´t think i think everything in 4.0 isn´t good but if nobody say something nothing will change...

Well, all the changes were made due to complaints in regards to different situations and they have been discussed in the forum at great length.

The hard thing about changing stuff like this is because it tend to piss off because they movement patterns that they have learned doesn't work anymore. If I want home and moved your door knob 1 inches lower so it would be more accessible for more short people for an example (stupid I know, but bare with me). You would feel the difference immediately when you touch it and get the feeling that something is wrong. But, was it wrong to move that door knob 1 inch lower wrong? You might feel at unease the first time but after a few days you don't even notice anymore. I won't listen to comments about the movement, hook etc changes this coming week because they will be heavily biased and based on this "familiar syndrome".

There is loads of bugs in 0.4.0, I know. I will fix those as fast as I can. I aim to release 0.4.1 as fast as monday.

Edit: Btw, the change to the hook in 0.4.0 is that it's much faster to extend.