1 (edited by Snazzy 2011-02-10 17:06:21)

Topic: [RULE] We Dont Support Mods!

Because this is getting really annoying:

This rule is not included in the official forum rules, but nevertheless its always been punished if you ask for mod-support on the Teeworlds Forums.

The conclusion will be that:

+your getting a lot of [-].
+your thread will get closed soon.
+everyone thinks your annoying.

So if you want to prevent that - do the following things:

+Either look up for the original homepage of the mod (f.e. DDrace)
+Or ask the mod developper or someone that has general knowledge about this mod for help.
+Check the Search Function if we have an existing Thread for this mod (f.e. Race) and if you cant find one, then we cant help you here on Teeworlds Forum. IF you find one, you are allowed to ask for support in this thread, but only there!

With this thread i also give you the possibillity to ask for thread or homepage-links if you have a support question:

For example: "Hey, i have a problem with ddrace. Where can i find the official Website?"

then maybe someone can help you out; and if we have success and find something, i will grab it into this list:
----------------------
Mod-Support-List:

Official DDrace Forum
List of all modifications - Maybe you will find a link to support there (but dont post there!)
Nodes - (Inherited/Landil) - Official Thread

2 (edited by Bee 2010-10-21 22:34:17)

Re: [RULE] We Dont Support Mods!

Actually stated here, Matricks says: "I don't care about modded servers, they are not my responsibility. "
But that of coarse would require someone to actually read the rules. I know, shocking right?
But thank you Snazzy for writing it down. smile [+]

Oh and I didn't find the links to any of the mod's website(s), but here is a link to all the mods which (I think) will have information including their website: List of modifications

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Yeah u got a [+] from me 2, but u should read the rules yourself... as i told you in the previous topic too.
Anyways it's not useless, mb it should be modified or remade by a staff member or just like this posted as a Sticky topic, so we see less time wasting topics smile

@Bee yes we should all read carefully, unfortunately nobody does and i guess nobody will, but i hope this makes the time wasting topics a bit less 'cuz I'm going psycho (=.

Bzzzzzz wrote:

Oh and I didn't find the links to any of the mod's website(s), but here is a link to all the mods which (I think) will have information including their website: List of modifications

Thank you Bee. I added that link!

Can someone apply teh glue? Common, it's got +26! That's hard to achieve. wink

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Hello, I have seen several non-question posts about mods, including advertising, that have been well received. Are those posts against the forum policy as well, or only questions about mods? Thanks.

7 (edited by JonastheRoman 2016-02-09 11:42:00)

Welcome in the forums! smile
Don't worry, it is not against the forum policy to ask questions regarding mods or introducing your mod. You just won't get official support by the developers regarding mods, but there are plenty of people here who will happily answer your questions. Just ask in the appropriate place: In the modification section there are many threads for various mods in which you could ask for help. Better go there if you have questions or want to introduce your mod. smile

The support section is aimed at non-mod questions only.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Additionally, this is a thread from 2010, thank you for pushing it smile

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

I think we should push this thread every week

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Does this rule also apply to questions about hacking the source like "I did <something>, and now I get seg-faults when picking up shields", or only to support of a released mod?

Ace wrote:

Does this rule also apply to questions about hacking the source like "I did <something>, and now I get seg-faults when picking up shields", or only to support of a released mod?

Support for a released mod.
You are allowed to ask technical questions about the source, but I wouldn't expect an answer from any of the official developers, luckely there's a ton of active modders around here. If you formulate your question in understandable english or codeish, I'm pretty sure that someone will help you with the problem, but since there's no official support, you can be left without an answer.

privet