Topic: Even more GUI and some other stuff

Unf, I've done lots of changes here and there. I changed where the configuration and screenshots are saved on all platforms. Under unix based they are under the ~/.teewars folder and under windows, C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Teewars. There will be a batch file with the game that opens this folder for you when you need it. I've made sure that the client saves the config when you exit.

I started cleaning up the resources and removed alot of old data inorder to keep the release free from junk.

I've removed the News and Favorites tab. Those won't be in 0.3.0. I've pushed those to later releases inorder to get 0.3.0 out sooner. Perhaps you will see them in 0.3.1 or something like that. No changes to the network are needed for it.

I've fixed so that the LAN browser works. Yay.

I've done some more changes to the gui aswell. I've added the gametype, password protected and game progression columns to the server browser. Made so that it saves the last hostname and filter settings between launches.

Here is an image of the browser right now.
http://ix.teewars.com/~kma/teewars_srvbrowse11.png

The graphics are my own coder art and will be replaced before launch.

Re: Even more GUI and some other stuff

>=)

Slayer

It's hammering time!

Nice !

aka oop²

4 (edited by Dreamy 2007-11-09 16:44:59)

Nice work. I´d say the %-column is unneccessary though.

Dreamy wrote:

Nice work. I´d say the %-column is unneccessary though.

Really? I think it's one of the most useful features, and I'd love to have it in other games smile

I just don´t see the point of it when the numbers are right beside it hmm.

Wait... suddenly I realise the %-column might not mean what I thought it meant. What does it stand for, anyway?

Dreamy wrote:

Wait... suddenly I realise the %-column might not mean what I thought it meant. What does it stand for, anyway?

It's progression. It's how far into a round the game is. if someone has 15 frags and the limit is 20.. the progression is 75%. If someone has 5 frags with limit of 20, the time is 5:00 and the limit is 10:00, the progression is 50%.

that sounds handy!

Used to be very active waay back

matricks wrote:
Dreamy wrote:

It's progression. It's how far into a round the game is. if someone has 15 frags and the limit is 20.. the progression is 75%. If someone has 5 frags with limit of 20, the time is 5:00 and the limit is 10:00, the progression is 50%.

Hmm, probably needs a more intuitive name then. Or a help function so you can click on the column headers and get a description of what they do. Good idea though. Just "Progression" would be way better than "%", since it would at least keep me from guessing wrong of it´s meaning.

Problem is that progression is a very very long name hmm

12 (edited by Dreamy 2007-11-15 09:51:19)

*goes into brainstorming mode*

Elapsed, Score, Time, Kills, Lifespan, Span, Victory, gamespan, Passed, Play, Played

Played could work I think.