Topic: Graphical development

Since I assume control over the graphical development, there has not been an official statement dealing with the current graphical development situation - up to now.

Within the last month you may have recognized Crises' and Zatline's new "artist" status. Both of them have been shaped up well in the past weeks and months and are able to support the ongoing graphical rework, which hopefully will be finished by the 0.6 release. Those who read my or Crises' blog might already have seen some of the new graphics and tiles. Currently we are working on the jungle doodads. They are overhauled completely to get a uniform, teeish look. Thus several doodads will be removed completely.

Those who follow Zatline's blog or who are an active forum user might already have seen our new teestyle smileys :-) , which were drawn by Zatline.

In days to come I am going to inform you about official graphical development right here and not at my blog anymore.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Re: Graphical development

Hooray! I'm excited to see how things are shapin' up since the torch has been passed over to you guys. :]

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

3 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-02-23 23:05:21)

administrators, ultimately, with all your good intentions, perhaps you are even more disappointing us (us = Teeworlds players) ....... because talk , talk ....... talk and yet talk, but nothing done
anyway i believe in your capacity, and I'm sure you could do good things, but please open (transfer) here (teeworlds.com) your blog of the graphical development

CarmineZ wrote:

administrators, ultimately, with all your good intentions, perhaps you are even more disappointing us (us = Teeworlds players) ....... because talk , talk ....... talk and yet talk, but nothing done

what are you talking about?
Do you even follow the process?
Just take a look in Crises' blog or Landil's blog or Zatline's blog and you'll see that they are currently working on the graphics. There are even some previews.

CarmineZ wrote:

anyway i believe in your capacity, and I'm sure you could do good things, but please open (transfer) here (teeworlds.com) your blog of the graphical development

Done with this thread.

ok, ok , vote me down every time!! i don't care about your rating........ ha ha ha, i don't need your response AwayD, i have already & many times visited their blogs......... Enough talking, just give the facts!
i like their previews, but why so too much time to put it into last-dev-version?? also if the drawings aren't definitive, it don't hurt nobody...... why we must wait 0.5.3 or 0.6, since we have always an updated trunk very good??
so i suggest to integrate graphics development directly & fast to main/central development.......... so all togheter, can easy test soon, their works in game....

because good graphics take good amounts of time to complete.

there is a lot of time put into the latest version because there is a lot of effort put in as well.

you don't have to wait for 0.6

pls be quiet

//edited by Landil, do not be rude, please

We put so much efforts in the graphics, because they will become official. The layout of the doodads will be changed completely (as I stated in my posterous blog) which makes them incompatible to old versions. We have not decided yet which graphics will become official and at which position they will be placed at the tileset, thus we do not want to change the official maps everytime we change the position of a single graphic (this would be a waste of time). In addition it's a tradition that new graphics will be shipped with a new major update.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Some parts deleted to get the discussion back to topic //Landil
So Landil you and the graphics team are building these brand new graphics for the newest version, right?

USA pride. What now.

Yes, fazer!

These graphics need 0.6 code. The new jungle background uses the rotation and colorization features. The winter, desert and jungle tilesets will get new tiles, thus optimized doodad placement was needed e.g.  it was only possible to get all doodads in one graphic by reordering the elements.

Awesome! I really look forward to this!

Unfortunately I don't play teeworlds now, but I'll poke around once new graphics are out big_smile

Great job!

USA pride. What now.

@ CarmineZ,
We aren't trying to crucify you but, at least, correct your attitude. Expressing personal opinion is good and actually needed for growth in the development and the community, but opinions can be expressed without sarcasm or pessimism. You can ask if development is really happening but don’t go off that it surely isn’t without proof. In general, negativity is unwanted as an attitude, while also never needed.

Guys, please get back on topic. If you want to continue, forum email each other... It's starting to clutter this topic...

edit: post merged to increase readability //Landil

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Nice, so is the graphics team still working? I tried checking on the German TW website but it appears my account no longer exists there ;/

I need to figure out something to put here.