Topic: Worms:Armageddon players

I was just curious how many Worms:armageddon there are playing Teewars?  I know ShootMe is a wormer, and I used to know a wormer named snowball and I saw that name on here.  Also, is that the KRD that I think it is?!  For those of you who haven't played w:a, it's a game similar (not really) to teewars.  It has a rope and a bunch of silly weapons, however it is turn-based, and you shoot/aim with the keyboard, not the mouse.  Anyways, happy to see some wormers here tongue.

- Syc0

Re: Worms:Armageddon players

I was big fan of Worms years ago, and also was kinda best player over all the friends. So you may count me too :>

Furry

I played WWP a lot. tongue

Hay, Conner. Yeah it's me. big_smile

The Teewars Snowy isn't the Snowy we know, but there's quite a few of us around here that are us. MadEwokHerd linked us to the game in the #worms channel a while ago and we sort of spread it to the T17 forums and WormNet from there. From the channel, I'd say Glide, Ropa, Wyv and me were the most heavily addicted right now. I've also met Unique [I hear he joined the dt clan on WA the other day] on random servers at times and ShootMe was here before us all already, I think.

Of course the next step of our takeover is teaching the good people of Teewars our names for rope tricks. Mexican Flips and Swooshes work really well with the hook, heh.

For anyone curious about what Worms Armageddon looks like when played by experienced folks, here's a link to our version of YouTube: http://wormtube.wyvsucks.org/

5 (edited by ShootMe 2008-02-17 02:58:46)

I joined 2 days after you apparently looking at your registration date smile But yes its me from WA as you know. Been a great game just need you guys to play on DM World more often tongue.

DM World is all I've been playing on as it's the only server I get decent ping on heh.  KRD we definitely need to get together and play some time.  I'll try and get on #worms occasionally tongue

Quake > worms. Though I had my share in that too.

zach @ quakenet.
Available for map-testing. Msg.

KRD wrote:

The Teewars Snowy isn't the Snowy we know, but there's quite a few of us around here that are us. MadEwokHerd linked us to the game in the #worms channel a while ago and we sort of spread it to the T17 forums and WormNet from there.

Funny old world, 'twas because you (I think) posted on T17 that I found out about it.

I'm not really a wormer though, I haven't really played online in years.  Teewars, on the other hand has already become popular enough between my mates that we're gonna play it at our next LAN-meetup big_smile.

Big Worms Armageddon player here (TBH clan like 7 years ago).  I think it would be fun to make a worms like game from the TeeWars engine, it seems to be a much better engine than Wormux.

Hey Fritz!  I do remember you faintly being around certain forums and such.  A teewars-worms mashup would be pretty sweet.  Maybe if mods are more allowed in 0.4 someone can make a worms mod.

I'm Worms: Armageddon and Worms: World Party player smile. Also, Hog's of War and Team Buddies player ^_^.

Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)

Syc0 wrote:

DM World is all I've been playing on as it's the only server I get decent ping on heh.  KRD we definitely need to get together and play some time.  I'll try and get on #worms occasionally tongue

Can't really do much on DM World myself, the experience just isn't comparable to playing on a decent European server because of the latency. But yaish, beep me for at least a bit of roping around [Ropa and Wyv look at me funny when I call it hooking, so it'll be roping, in this thread at least] if you're around at a sane hour. Did I mention I despise whoever invented timezones...

Hiya, Bunsy & Fritz. Yeah, I remember TBH. Sheepman was in it for a long while, wasn't he?

krd :OODD i'm [pwned]KILLER here, playing DM World mainly but its kind of empty lately :-[

Rami. oOoO:

Poor Teewars, we've infested it like the parasites we are. Why would you play on a server that's across the ocean, though? Am I missing something major here? You should come to Rancor's PwJ instead if you want stats and still live where you did last time I checked. But yeah, the most competent people haven't been playing on it lately either.

dm world was the first stats server i came across so i just kept on playing on it but I guess im gonna change on that server you mentioned. dm world is just too laggy for us europeans :[

16 (edited by nikoPSK 2008-02-25 22:27:22)

I played worms quite a bit. I still have my GameBoy Colour game. yikes

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

I liked to play Worms World Party quite a lot and gathered over 14.000 points with my current team. But since I discovered, that I can neither host, nor properly join the Wormnet servers, it wasn't worth it. I heard Armageddon should work with the other Wormnet fine. I'll try that out some day.

KRD wrote:

Rami. oOoO:

Poor Teewars, we've infested it like the parasites we are.

Teewars has worms. . .  hmm

Ha.. yes, yes it does.

And we all know what that means, don't we?