1 (edited by Ingolmo 2010-12-25 14:38:28)

Topic: [MOD] FLAG : Fast cap training ! (0.5.2 - v1.0)

Hello everybody !

I developed a mod, first for my team, to facilitate fast cap training.

I'm open to all critics and suggestions, don't hesitate.

Features
  • Improved fast capping :
    - Spawn with full life and armor, and with grenade launcher.
    - The flag will respawn instantly if you die carrying it.
    - Configurable spawning time, the same for all way to die.

• Ranking system :
    - Saved times by name and map
    - Top5 command, Rank command

• Queue system (because 2 or more players in the game is annoying when you try to fastcap.) :
    - When you enter a team (or use /join *team* command), you enter in the queue, and stay in spectator.
    - If it's your turn in the queue, you join the game in the team you wanted, and can fastcap.
    - As soon as you die, the next player can fastcap.
    - Etc, in a loop.
    - To leave the queue, you can join spectators if it's your turn, or use /quit command.
    - If you're alone in the queue, you just respawn when you die, like if there was no queue.
    - To avoid afk players or players that just want to annoy others, there is a parameter for maximum authorized alive time : you'll die if reach this time of living, if you're not alone in the queue.

The ranking system is taken (and adapted) from Rajh/Redix's Race mod. If the authors are not OK with the fact that I took it, just tell me, I will stop use it.
But I think a lot of mods adapted that ranking system for their use :D.

The server file can be used for vanilla gametypes too if you want, there is no modifications for that.

Server Commands

You have to use (sv_gametype flag) to enable the mod.

flag_max_alive_time   default:0 min:0 max:60       Maximum authorized alive time in seconds.
flag_spawning_time    default:500 min:0 max:5000   Spawning time, for all kind of deaths.

Chat Commands
/cmdlist         Shows a list of all commands.
/rules           Shows the rules of the mod.
/rank            Shows the rank as server message, everyone can see it.
/rank <name>     Shows the rank of a specific player (not nessesary to enter full name).
/top5 x          Shows the top 5 as server message, only u can see it, x stands for a number from which place the top 5 shall begin.
/join <team>     Makes you join the queue in the <team> team.
/quit            Makes you leave the queue.

Modded maps

You can mod maps to improve fastcap by allowing only one spawn, just at the right position.

I already modded ctf5, the only map I know how to fastcap.

Downloads

Sources: teeworlds-0.5.2-src-flag-1.0.zip

Patch: 0.5.2-flagmod-1.0.patch

Put the patch into your teeworlds-0.5.2-src directory and use it like this:

patch -p0 < 0.5.2-flagmod-1.0.patch

Binairies:

• Linux 32 bits : teeworlds_flag

• Linux 64 bits : Can someone compile it for me ? ;-)

• Mac OS X : teeworlds_flag

• Windows : Can someone compile it for me ? ;-)

Maps:

Have fun with that, hope you'll enjoy it!

Re: [MOD] FLAG : Fast cap training ! (0.5.2 - v1.0)

To me, the overall mod looks nice, simple and useful - everything the vanilla community is expecting.
Just a little comment:

Queue system (because 2 or more players in the game is annoying when you try to fastcap.) :

Why adding a complex and boring queue system when you simply can remove player collision and make players invisible to other ingame players?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

This mod exists already. "FastCap" is its name. I don't know whether it's open-source, but in that mod multiple players can try to cap the flag at once.

4 (edited by Ingolmo 2010-12-25 14:31:17)

Hmmm I quite like this queue system.

If i do what you say, we also do have to add flags ?

I like watching other players do their runs when i don't do mine. When i didn't have this queue system, the players organized the game by themselves and did cap one after the other.

[EDIT]

heinrich5991 wrote:

This mod exists already. "FastCap" is its name. I don't know whether it's open-source, but in that mod multiple players can try to cap the flag at once.

Oh :-/ Didn't know, it's not on the topic "List of modifications"...

5 (edited by Ubuntu 2010-12-25 14:41:11)

Like heinrich5991 said, a fastcap mod already exists. It is included into the race mod which is now maintened by Sushi Tee. You can grab the code here: https://github.com/SushiTee/teeworlds/tree/Race

I am probably not objective as I was a bit behind it, but it is in my opinion a bit better than your mod. Some of his interesting features:
- a ghost of your best run is played when you start a run (added only a few days ago, you will need the latest race client)
- every player on the server can play at the same time (each player has his own items)
- you can play both sides by joining the team you like
- you respawn near the opponent flag, so you don't have to cross the map every time you respawn

If you want to discuss about it, contribute or whatever, you can find us on #teerace (Quakenet).

Erf ok... I'm disappointed, I didn't know there was that :-(.

For this point :

- you respawn near the opponent flag, so you don't have to cross the map every time you respawn

It's done with the modded maps.

For the other points, it's really interesting x).

If you want, I'll delete this topic, but I think I'm going to keep this mod for me and my clan. (It's also my first mod, quite proud of it and not objective at all xD)

7 (edited by CarmineZ 2010-12-25 16:47:22)

fast cap is only a very short race,.... in pure ctf, to capture the flag, isn't just running to the base!!!!

8 (edited by Dark Twister 2010-12-26 19:13:35)

Hey! Good work.

I compile this mod for Windows, no bugs found. Thanks for patch!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3jldxu

P.S. I like the Queue system.

sry for my bad Eng.

My nickname in game: Dark Twist3r. My team: Eclipse
I use&support TDTW <3