1 (edited by Ginjeet 2008-03-10 01:59:35)

Topic: List of my suggestions / ideas

In medias res:

Graphics:
o When weapons touch walls they should be still visible.
o The black mallet cursor is hard to see.
o In TDM and CTF skins are nearly all the same, need to provide more personalization.
o There should be no snowflakes IN the terrain.
o Better texture for terrain (gray is lame).
o Add disappearing bullet and explosion marks on wall and floor.
-> Better graphics and more eyecandies require graphical quality settings.
BUG: When game ends the picture gets motionless but the shot ropes are moving crazy.

Maps:
o Maps are too static: there are no glowing light bulbs, or bushes blown by the wind etc.
o The floor is unnatural: everything is so quadratic. Add hills, more naturalistic shapes.
o Usable terrain elements like machinegun posts, buttons for moving bridges and doors etc.
o Automatic DL from servers. Really, this is basic.

Mix:
o Needs to be moddable (active community).
o Official "race" game mode is required. I would recommend adding a "kill the ninja" or just "ninja" mode, where you have to kill the guy with the sword to recieve it and to score.
o An opaque minimap with ON/OFF function (for beginners).
o Option to drop flag (tactics).
o Add new weapons. Ideas: sniper gun, something tactical like a turret/mine/bomb/trap planting device or a mud-shooter shooting destroyable brown goo, uzi, and the classic rocket launcher.
o Pistol: less ammo (3-4-5?), faster recharge.
o Ammo crates on maps and from killed enemies.
o Special powerups (full life restorer, invincibility, invisibility, max shield, random gift, negative powerups)?
o Music and/or map specific sounds.
o Emoticons should be displayed for more time. Add cute voices and maybe animations to them.

Thanks for reading. Great game! smile

Re: List of my suggestions / ideas

Hello, and welcome to the boards smile

Many of your points have been raised before, and some will make it into future versions of the game. Others, such as the "naturalistic" terrain, will most likely never happen simply because it doesn't fit the Teewars game design very well.

Please take a moment to look around the forums, and search for anything you're particularly interested in. There is many active threads where players can give their input.

Ginjeet wrote:

In medias res:

Graphics:
1. When weapons touch walls they should be still visible.
2. The black mallet cursor is hard to see.
3. In TDM and CTF skins are nearly all the same, need to provide more personalization.
4. There should be no snowflakes IN the terrain.
5. Better texture for terrain (gray is lame).
6. Add disappearing bullet and explosion marks on wall and floor.
-> Better graphics and more eyecandies require graphical quality settings.
BUG: When game ends the picture gets motionless but the shot ropes are moving crazy.

Maps:
7. Maps are too static: there are no glowing light bulbs, or bushes blown by the wind etc.
8. The floor is unnatural: everything is so quadratic. Add hills, more naturalistic shapes.
9. Usable terrain elements like machinegun posts, buttons for moving bridges and doors etc.
10. Automatic DL from servers. Really, this is basic.

Mix:
11. Needs to be moddable (active community).
12. Official "race" game mode is required. I would recommend adding a "kill the ninja" or just "ninja" mode, where you have to kill the guy with the sword to recieve it and to score.
13. An opaque minimap with ON/OFF function (for beginners).
14. Option to drop flag (tactics).
15. Add new weapons. Ideas: sniper gun, something tactical like a turret/mine/bomb/trap planting device or a mud-shooter shooting destroyable brown goo, uzi, and the classic rocket launcher.
16. Pistol: less ammo (3-4-5?), faster recharge.
17. Ammo crates on maps and from killed enemies.
18. Special powerups (full life restorer, invincibility, invisibility, max shield, random gift, negative powerups)?
19. Music and/or map specific sounds.
20. Emoticons should be displayed for more time. Add cute voices and maybe animations to them.

Thanks for reading. Great game! smile

1. Sorry, this will look really really weird when you have some sort of foreground.
2. That cursor should be remade. (http://ix.teewars.com/trac/ticket/315)
3. Yeah, they are very alike each other. I made it a priority that it should be easy to see what team the other tee is in. I will at somepoint in the future rewrite the rendering and address this problem among others.
4. -
5. -
6. Exprimented a bit with this. Will get added in the future but it kinda require some more advanced render features so I'm holding it of a bit.

7. Addressed in 0.4.0. Elements in the map can be animated. Makes more use of parallax layers.
8. This is an early design descision that I made to keep the game simple to make. We will experiment with slopes etc in the future.
9. Gun turrents is a no, they don't belong in Teewars. Buttons etc requires some sort of scripting in the map etc. Will perhaps look into it in the future, post 0.5.0.
10. Simple map downloading is done for 0.4.0.

11. What kinds of mods do
12. Race mode is going to be added. I were supposed to be in 0.4.0 but I pushed it to 0.5.0 because of time constraints.
13. Perhaps, not sure it's worth the time.
14. Added to 0.4.0. There is now a kill command that you can use to "drop" the flag.
15. 0.4.0 got a new weapon called the rifle. Search the developer journals/blog and you can find videos of tests of it. turrent/mine/bomb/trap plating device is a no go for Teewars. Uzi doesn't really add anything. Rocket launcher is a no go aswell. The rockets and grenades kinda got fused to gather.
16. Balacing stuff. 3-5 ammo isn't enough to kill someone. You should beable to kill someone with it atleast.
17. Have been discussed, what to do about it is a bit uncertain.
18. Would love more powerups, but we kinda need good ideas here.
19. Have also been discussed and will be addressed in the future.
20. The emoticons have been discussed. I think they will be redone at some point.

Rocket launcher is a no go aswell.

But how 'bout guided missiles smile ?

Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)

*watching matricks patience in awe*

aka kiwi

airen wrote:

*watching matricks patience in awe*

+1

Stationary guns? Like, go to a gun..

Press the fire button
???
OWNAGE (profit! wink)