Topic: Hosting a server

How can I host a server? I'm completly confused, dunno what to do. Please give me some tips wink

Re: Hosting a server

Setting up a server

Well, the problem is i dont understand this:
Create a configuration for your server. Add the options you want.
Start the server by running "teewars_srv -f my_server_config.cfg"

What configuration?
by running what? I dont have such a filename omg.

4 (edited by Clawbug 2008-03-08 05:03:28)

Which OS are you running? The file "teewars_srv" should be located in your Teewars folder. Thats where you installed teewars to, look it from there.

And obviously, my_server_config.cfg is the config file you want to use with the server. For multiple servers you need multiple files(since the port can't be used by more than one server etc.).

So, in linux you do "cd /put/your/teewars/path/here" and then do "./teewars_srv -f config_file.cfg".
In windows you do "cd X:/yourteewarspathhere" and then do "teewars_srv -f config_file.cfg".

configuration files(.cfg) should be located in .teewars folder, which can be found in your hone folder in Linux. I don't know about Windows files.

That should be it. (Notice that I haven't ran any teewars server myself, but I plan to do so in future. Thus I might not be the right person to help/my explanation might not be that accurate.)

Some translations
The config is a text file and the "Start the server by running "teewars_srv -f my_server_config.cfg"" thingie is an batch file

Greetz struppi

I don't want to create a new thread for this, but why do I get the following:

[server]: couldn't open socket. port might already be in use

when trying to run more than one server? Yes, I use seperate config files which have different ports specified in them. They still seem to try to use the same port for something else than sv_port. Why is that? Or doI have to change something else aswell? If so, then what should I change?

its impossible to host 2 server over 1 port... just use 2 different Ports

8 (edited by Clawbug 2008-03-08 18:35:48)

Thats what I mean. I have specified two DIFFERENT ports in two DIFFERENT .cfg files, and I am trying to assign those  DIFFERENT files to the servers, so that they don't use the SAME port. But it apprears that they STILL do use the same port, something else than sv_port. What is it? Not likely a bug in sv_port as there are countless servers running on same machines, I suppose (XXX CTF #1, XXX CTF #2, XXX CTF #3 etc).

So, what else do I have to change other than sv_port?

Could it be the master server query port being already in use for the first server? Is there any workaround for this, if it is the case?

Edit: Stupid me, stupid me, stupid me, stupid me, stup...

I didn't realize that with -f flag the server looks for the config.cfg from the path of the teewars_srv. I thought it looks from the .teewars-folder in the home dir. Sorry, my bad. wink