Topic: Update and AutoBuilder

Hello fellow Tees,

My time has been consumed by my private life recently and I've haven't gotten much work done on Teeworlds. Others like Oy have however so big thanks there.

The Teeworlds source code has been re-factored, new font rendering that supports Unicode, translations etc are some of the features that are done but not in a release. One of the bigger problems however is that there have started to pop up more and more exploits that can crash the servers and clients. One problem with fixing these is how to respond to them quickly. Making a new release usually involves a lot of time doing testing and coordinating with a couple of people.

So, today I had some free time to spend so I set up an auto build system for Teeworlds that builds the latest code for Linux x86, Linux x86_64 and Win32. Sorry mac users, I don't have a mac. The latest version is still network compatible with 0.5 and I suggest that people start trying out the builds.

You can find the builds at this here: http://www.teeworlds.com/builds/
Also, check out the time line if you wanna know whats happened between to version. You can find it here: http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/timeline

So, grab em and start testing. If you report errors or bugs, it's VERY important to report what version you used so we don't chase things that we already fixed.

Cheers,
matricks

Re: Update and AutoBuilder

The new autobuilder is great, well done!

Nice job. I'm always happy when I see that Teeworlds development is still going on... small steps, but it's going on.
Keep working on it, I'm sure the community will support you big_smile

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Great work. The autobuilder is nice.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

matricks wrote:

So, today I had some free time to spend so I set up an auto build system for Teeworlds that builds the latest code for Linux x86, Linux x86_64 and Win32. Sorry mac users, I don't have a mac.

I could be wrong but, doesn't MertenNor deal with translating codes for macs users? (maybe he could help)

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

I like it very much, will try to test alot smile
Found first graphics bug. I sent czech translation and it works nice, but the ? and ? letters are making a square. Can you add them to the font? Thank you

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

Great, this way you can react much faster to fix critical bugs.

khubajsn wrote:

I like it very much, will try to test alot smile
Found first graphics bug. I sent czech translation and it works nice, but the ? and ? letters are making a square. Can you add them to the font? Thank you

I just sent another correction to the italian version.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

This is a new nice feature wink

I found another bug in the map editor.

Version: r2362-win32
Bug: You can't append a map to another one. Nothing will be added: No mapres, no envelopes, no layers.

I hope that helps. wink

Regards,
Pocram

» Use the Search-Function before asking questions!

Pocram wrote:

I found another bug in the map editor.

Version: r2362-win32
Bug: You can't append a map to another one. Nothing will be added: No mapres, no envelopes, no layers.

I hope that helps. wink

Regards,
Pocram

Thx for reporting.
Bug is fixed now.

Remember the 80s - good times smile

12 (edited by torch 2010-06-04 15:01:45)

I found a bug in teeworlds-r2368-win32

When i press the chat or teamchat keys my character will shoot once. This happens only if i did shoot since my previous respawn.

Linux pinky 2.6.33-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 13 12:06:25 CEST 2010 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

wine-1.1.44

Here is my settings.cfg
http://pastie.org/991923

I dont know whether I have this bug in this revision only, or whether its because i emulate the windows version under linux.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

torch wrote:

When i press the chat or teamchat keys my character will shoot once. This happens only if i did shoot since my previous respawn.

https://github.com/matricks/teeworlds/i … d#issue/80

it's fixed smile

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

torch wrote:

Linux pinky 2.6.33-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 13 12:06:25 CEST 2010 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

wine-1.1.44

Here is my settings.cfg
http://pastie.org/991923

I dont know whether I have this bug in this revision only, or whether its because i emulate the windows version under linux.

I'm getting the same problem. When i fire my gun then go into chat (it doesnt have to be straight away) it fires my gun on its own. It also does this when leaveing the game ( Disconnecting not Quiting the game).

I'm using Ubuntu but unlike torch i'm not using Wine to emulate windows. I'm just running the normal version for Linux.

Hope i helped

Because new build is very nice, but the default vera.ttf isn't complete of all characters,
i try to replace it whit another font take from windos directory, and I found a good alternative

Download Alternative Fonts

just rename one of this font that i uploaded, to substitute vera.ttf
and after you can see more characters!

I like the autobuild system. But when I got to the webpage (www.teeworlds.com/builds) it doesn't seem that the latest builds are up. The most recent one was from August 21, 2010 for linux. Before that, the latest was from August 9, 2010. Just thought I would bring this up if anyone else noticed this too.

well it is the newest build from amtricks branche and the build from august 21, 2010 is the same like august 9, 2010.

Anyway... since teeworlds moved to github the autobuild is not building automatically. The builds need to be forced. This may change in near future since its not really hard to change it smile

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^