Topic: some ideas for the skins support

Some ideas i had for the skins.

Lot of users posted about the naming problems (another name = another skin, and since most people post their images under hosts that add character or rename the files, it's a real problem), the following ideas can fix it some of the issues:

A skin would consist of an archive (zip, gz, etc) containing the following files :

- skin.png : regular skin

- skin_ctf_blue.png : blue version of the skin for CTF Games

- skin_ctf_red.png : red version of the skin for CTF Games

- skin.ini : infos about the skin : like name of the skin - version of the skin (to be sure to get the latest) - name of the author - website of the authors, various details on the skin.

I know the game support auto CTF skin by recoloring the standard skin, but from a graphist point i don't really like it. And created blue and red skin is only a matter of minutes if you created an original skin.

D.

Re: some ideas for the skins support

Hi

I've got another Idea for skins!(sorry, my English is bad XD )

Well, I surfed the Internet for about one hour, and collected TeeWars Skins...
What do you think about making a BIG Skin-Archive(? correct?) with a lot of TeeWars-Skins, with clear names, so that everyone can see the correct skin of the others?

But theres the problem, that TeeWars can include just 55 Skins...
I think this "Bugg" should be repaired by the Team

Here is my archive:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-699 … 8.zip.html

I hope, none is angry with me, cause I took his skin ;-)

mfg
TeeJey

Server:  zCatch from me for you [v0.4]  -  84.23.69.211:8303  -  24h zCatch[latest version]

It has already been done

Syc0 wrote:

I saw that there were a lot of skins being posted on the forums and that the images were being hosted on a bunch of different sites, so i decided to consolidate that down to one site: TeeDB. Along with allowing you to upload your skin file, the site also forms a preview of what the tee will look like in game (may be somewhat inaccurate, but close enough tongue).........But for now, give uploading your skin a try.  I realize that it would be fairly easy to screw up the site right now (by uploading some different png), but please don't abuse it.  I don't really want to have to manage it once it's done.

TeeDB
Sample Tee Page

Edit: Also, this site has only been tested in Firefox, so that's where you'll get the best results.  The site won't work on IE 6 or lower because it uses PNG transparency.

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile

//It has already been done

this topic is about technical specs of a skin, not websites collecting skins

hi
sorry, off topic, but on TeeBD there are just some skins...
well now ill shut off XD

Server:  zCatch from me for you [v0.4]  -  84.23.69.211:8303  -  24h zCatch[latest version]

davidd wrote:

I know the game support auto CTF skin by recoloring the standard skin, but from a graphist point i don't really like it. And created blue and red skin is only a matter of minutes if you created an original skin.

D.

agree!

aka oop²