Topic: Separate skin files

I was just thinking that with Teewars being skinnable, wouldn't it be more manageable to have separate png for each separate sprite?  I only say this because with the game.png/skin.png set up, skins and mods made in the past won't ever be compatible with future skins (from now on).  If you made them all separate, one could make a shotgun skin by itself (shotgun.png or w/e) and it would be compatible with any future updates, regardless of weapon additions or anything else.  Another advantage would be that user's would have the choice of mixing and matching different png's.  Also, it would be handy if you made game images easily switchable like skins currently are (ie. allow for different directories for mods).

Re: Separate skin files

I actually really agree with this. it would also be cool because there really wouldn't be any restrictions on file size. (or wouldn't have to be)

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile

Well I still say that there should be a max size for each sprite.  You have to maintain some constraints on customization or the game will just look like crap customized.

Oh and I think tee skins are fine how they are, there doesn't seem like there will be any changes/additions to this layout so it'll always be backwards compatible.

Syc0 wrote:

Well I still say that there should be a max size for each sprite.  You have to maintain some constraints on customization or the game will just look like crap customized.

Oh and I think tee skins are fine how they are, there doesn't seem like there will be any changes/additions to this layout so it'll always be backwards compatible.

well if your using your own messed up mod i think thats your fault. And ya, the tee skins are good where they are.

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile

/agree

aka oop²

Good ideas both of you.

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

Again, skinning is not officially supported.

Oh ok, I didn't know that teetow thank you.  Are there plans in the future for said support?

I heard of such ideas... I think they keep getting considered for future versions. smile

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

Well, in our roadmap, skinning belongs firmly to the "community support" phase of development. As such, the earliest release where you can expect that is 0.5.0 -- but we still haven't made a decision as to what kind of support we will implement.

In other words: We're aware of the popularity of skinning, but we're not promising anything at the moment.