Topic: Gfx and server issue, osx

Hi!

Great game, love it.

Im having some lag while moving around in the game. Sort of like the picture is not really keeping up with my moves.

Im running the latest version (0.2.3) on my MacBook Pro, running OSX 10.4.10.

Is this known, or have I messed something up?

Also I can't seem to get the server up, im trying with:

/Applications/Teewars.app/Contents/MacOS/teewars sv_map=dm6 sv_name="aoeu" sv_port=8303

Re: Gfx and server issue, osx

Try this instead.

/Applications/Teewars.app/Contents/MacOS/teewars_srv sv_map=dm6 sv_name="aoeu" sv_port=8303

About the lag, make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphic-card (or the Mac-version of it ;-) ) and make sure you play on a server with good ping. High ping tends to make the game lag a bit (for me at least)

Used to be very active waay back

3 (edited by larsrohdin 2007-10-10 14:53:05)

FireArrow wrote:

Try this instead.

/Applications/Teewars.app/Contents/MacOS/teewars_srv sv_map=dm6 sv_name="aoeu" sv_port=8303

About the lag, make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphic-card (or the Mac-version of it ;-) ) and make sure you play on a server with good ping. High ping tends to make the game lag a bit (for me at least)

Yep, everything is up to date, and the issue shows even when we play LAN...

No there is no such thing as teewars_srv in that dir, or anywhere else... Someone forgot to include it? ;-)

Mac...

http://www.teewars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31

Used to be very active waay back

Yes, thank you. But as you see I run the exakt same command...

~/Desktop/Teewars/Teewars.app/Contents/MacOS/teewars sv_map=dm2 sv_name="Berserks server" sv_port=8303

/Applications/Teewars.app/Contents/MacOS/teewars sv_map=dm6 sv_name="aoeu" sv_port=8303

Only mine is located in the folder Application instead of my desktop.

larsrohdin wrote:

~/Desktop/Teewars/Teewars.app/Contents/MacOS/teewars sv_map=dm2 sv_name="Berserks server" sv_port=8303

If you continued to read that thread you will see that void answered and said that the server is unsupported on mac and isn't in the download. This will be fixed for 0.3.0

matricks wrote:
larsrohdin wrote:

If you continued to read that thread you will see that void answered and said that the server is unsupported on mac and isn't in the download. This will be fixed for 0.3.0

Ah, right, so they didnt release it. Ok, that takes care of that.

Any ideas on the graphics trouble?