1 (edited by ShootMe 2008-02-24 09:22:27)

Topic: Suggestion

As brought up a few times before, the notion of the "defensive" tee having an advantage over the "offensive" tee in a game with few players is bothering me. A defensive tee in short is a tee that is running away from an opponent to gather armor/health/weps.

I agree that such a defensive tee has a slight advantage at times when being chased as that tee can gather health/armor/weps while leaving the chasing tee with basically nothing and all the while the running tee can fire upon the chasing tee.

My suggestion to help balance this would be to pose on all tee's a directionality, basically meaning the tee can only fire in the direction the tee is currently moving with regards to east/west movement(ie you move west you can only fire (straight up-to the west-to straight down) but not to the east. And vice-versa for westard movement.

To make this directionality more tee friendly I think it would also work best if it would only be imposed on a tee that has a certain velocity. Otherwise it would feel weird and would not work right, and some sort of notification would most likely be needed as well in graphic form prolly.

I don't think this would be all that hard to implement and for actual gameplay I do think it would help out. Although I can not say for sure I think it should at least be considered.

Re: Suggestion

i think this is a bad idea

it is ok the defense should be better - more tees needed to kill the flag
+ new weapons coming

2 skilled attackers can get any enemy

it will be so funny to shoot at moving direction- if u need to shoot u need to stop, if u stop ull get the rocket in your ass XDDDDDDDDDD

it will be so funny to shoot at moving direction- if u need to shoot u need to stop, if u stop ull get the rocket in your ass XDDDDDDDDDD

You didn't read my post very well since I also realized that and gave a simple solution.

I think Teewars is perfect and pretty balanced the way it is.  All games have offensive and defensive styles, and there are advantages to both.  Also, you can easily switch between offensive and defensive play, so it's really up to the player to make a fight balanced (i.e. if you are chasing someone and they happen to get a few hits in, just run the other way, etc.)

I don't see the problem at all, should only one way of playing be allowed?

ShootMe wrote:

My suggestion to help balance this would be to pose on all tee's a directionality, basically meaning the tee can only fire in the direction the tee is currently moving

i got your message right
u dont got my message

u need to stop if u wanna shoot backwards

eg
ure movin left- if u want to shoot your chaser u need to stop(change direction)- u die
so if u are chased u dont have much to do as to run 0_o - very nice

You wouldn't need to stop as quoted from my first post which you must not of understood.

"To make this directionality more tee friendly I think it would also work best if it would only be imposed on a tee that has a certain velocity."

Meaning you only need to slow down to be able to fire backwards not stop.

But anyways, I'm starting to think it still wouldn't fit very well into the game. I had an idea similar though that would instead gradually move the tee from the center of your screen to the sides based on velocity. This way you can still shoot in any direction as normal you just wouldn't be able to see as far behind you as you could normaly or at a slower speed.

another solution which came thru my head:
increasing the speed of the projectiles with your movement speed.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:

another solution which came thru my head:
increasing the speed of the projectiles with your movement speed.

the rocketboy in my head cries 'YEEEEEEEE'
but other part of me thinks about shotgun, if u cant reach the chased enemy - use other weapon (railgun(whatever), shotgun, pistol)
=}}}}}