Topic: Help Compiling Source in linux

Alright, so i am running Ubuntu 7.1, and i did everything your document says here: http://www.teewars.com/?page=docs&id=293

now the problem is i do everything and i get to the ../bam/src/bam TARGET and i do the ../bam/src/bam release (like it says to) but it says:

*****:~/teewars/teewars-0.3.4-src$ ../bam/src/bam release
bash: ../bam/src/bam: No such file or directory
*****:~/teewars/teewars-0.3.4-src$

whats the problem? I know that I am a noob, I just barely got linux (within the last few weeks) an just started using it a few days ago.

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile

Re: Help Compiling Source in linux

Have you compiled bam? Is it located at that path, or have you stored it somewere else?

Used to be very active waay back

Just a question... There is no Ubuntu 7.1. There's 7.04 and 7.10... I will edit this post later when I find out how I got the svn again...

Nevermind! Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4tzy0zm1d0z

It's a zip of the svn version. smile
nikoPSK

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

@nikoPSK: sorry, i missed the 0 at the end.

FireArrow wrote:

Have you compiled bam? Is it located at that path, or have you stored it somewere else?

I LITERALLY did exactly this:

# mkdir teewars
# cd teewars
# fetch http://www.teewars.com/files/teewars-0.3.2-src.zip
# fetch http://www.teewars.com/files/bam.zip
# unzip bam.zip
# unzip teewars-0.3.2-src.zip
# cd bam
# ./make_unix.sh

and also i downloaded your zipped thing niko, and i unzipped that, but what do i do with it. Again I'm sorry for not knowing anything, but I'm trying my best.

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile

5 (edited by nikoPSK 2008-02-23 23:35:00)

JB4 wrote:

i downloaded your zipped thing niko, and i unzipped that, but what do i do with it. Again I'm sorry for not knowing anything, but I'm trying my best.

Goto trunk and launch teewars_d, search for "svn" in the server list and play. smile

6 (edited by JB4 2008-02-24 01:20:00)

Ok sweet! thank you. I'll test it out in sec.

oh and another question, what is svn?

[EDIT]
ya it works, now the problem is though that it when ever i try to join a server it locks up for at least 1 minute, then it starts joining. Any suggestion?

Svn is an acronym for "subversion". Basically for test builds. The svn server join lag happens to me too. It's possibly the server. I'll try talking to you on IRC to see if I can set an svn server up. (or you)

8 (edited by JB4 2008-02-24 02:40:14)

Alright, my install of Ubuntu is messed up, so I am going to have to stick with windows for a little longer...so NOW I need to figure out how to compile it on windows...

Can anyone here help me out with compiling it in windows? I am currently downloading the things that where said here:

derpepe wrote:

I finally managed to get it to work.
So here is a short tutorial how to compile Teewars from source under Windows XP (Vista should work the same way):

1. Download and install Visual C/C++ Express.
( http://www.microsoft.com/germany/expres … fault.aspx )

2. Download and install Windows Server 2003 Platform SDK. It suits also for Windows XP.
( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en )

3. Download and install the DirectX SDK.
( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en )

4. Run the "Visual Studio 2008-Console", you can find it in the start menu under "All Programs\Visual C++ 9.0 Express Edition\Visual Studio Tools".

5. Run the following commands, they will set up your environment:
Code:

cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (November 2007)\Utilities\Bin"
call dx_setenv.cmd
cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2"
call SetEnv.Cmd

In this console, you can now compile BAM ( http://teewars.com/files/bam.zip ) and use it to compile Teewars from source.

Well, I would suggest a clean reinstall. What's the problem. I help at Ubuntu support forums often enough.

Just found out that it's my mobo....but it doesn't restart as often with windows?

Not to get off-topic here, but your PC crashes every so often? yikes Erm... I could suggest a repair shop...

12 (edited by JB4 2008-02-27 01:25:14)

nikoPSK wrote:

Not to get off-topic here, but your PC crashes every so often? yikes Erm... I could suggest a repair shop...

hehe, nah it's all good, I'm way good with computers. I built my computer, so It'll be cheaper for me to replace it my self anyways smile

[EDIT]

alright, it has stopped restarting as often, so now I ask again if someone can help me out with compiling the server, so I can make modified servers.

bam: building 'server_release'
c inffast.c
In file included from /home/jb/teewars/teewars-svn/trunk/src/engine/external/zlib/inffast.c:6:
/home/jb/teewars/teewars-svn/trunk/src/engine/external/zlib/zutil.h:23:22: error: string.h: No such file or directory
/home/jb/teewars/teewars-svn/trunk/src/engine/external/zlib/zutil.h:24:22: error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
/home/jb/teewars/teewars-svn/trunk/src/engine/external/zlib/zutil.h:38:23: error: errno.h: No such file or directory
bam: compile_c returned error number 256
bam: error during build

Ok i finally figured it out, thanks much to matricks

Hi, I also have a problem when compiling teewars on linux.
I got some problems with alsa but that's ok now, but I still have a problem at the end :

bam: building 'release'
link teewars
/usr/bin/ld: ne peut trouver -lGL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
bam: link returned error number 256

Maybe a missing dev library, but I don't know which one. I checked gl dev packages but I think I have everything.

Can anybody help me ?
(I am on Mepis/Debian)

I solved my problem, there were some missing packages
wink

What was thoses packages ?

Play ctf_fall if you dare!

see this

Probably alsa, gl, glx and X11.

17 (edited by azmeuk 2008-03-12 16:48:51)

It doesn't work for me:

/net/etd2/erivard/Desktop/teewars-0.3.4-src/teewars/src/engine/external/portaudio/pa_linux_alsa.c: In function 'GetStreamWriteAvailable':
/net/etd2/erivard/Desktop/teewars-0.3.4-src/teewars/src/engine/external/portaudio/pa_linux_alsa.c:3281: erreur: 'snd_pcm_sframes_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
/net/etd2/erivard/Desktop/teewars-0.3.4-src/teewars/src/engine/external/portaudio/pa_linux_alsa.c:3281: erreur: expected ';' before 'savail'
/net/etd2/erivard/Desktop/teewars-0.3.4-src/teewars/src/engine/external/portaudio/pa_linux_alsa.c:3284: erreur: 'savail' undeclared (first use in this function)
/net/etd2/erivard/Desktop/teewars-0.3.4-src/teewars/src/engine/external/portaudio/pa_linux_alsa.c:3284: erreur: 'PaAlsaStreamComponent' has no member named 'pcm'
/net/etd2/erivard/Desktop/teewars-0.3.4-src/teewars/src/engine/external/portaudio/pa_linux_alsa.c:3287: attention : passing argument 3 of 'PaUtil_SetLastHostErrorInfo' makes pointer from integer without a castbam: compile_c returned error number 256
erivard@saturn:~/Desktop/teewars-0.3.4-src/teewars$

I use debian etch...

Play ctf_fall if you dare!

18 (edited by Pim's 2008-03-23 17:25:21)

Sorry, I don't know really... A lot of gl dev packages lol
I think some alsa packages are missing for you roll

But now, I got a problem with the new release.

19 (edited by Rancor 2008-03-25 18:38:17)

Hi!

I have the same problem when i try to build the new teeworlds version 0.4.1 on my debian etch amd64 server:

/usr/src/teeworlds-0.4.1-src/objs/uncompr.o: In function `uncompress':
uncompr.c:(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
uncompr.c:(.text+0x3b): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
uncompr.c:(.text+0xd9): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
/usr/src/teeworlds-0.4.1-src/objs/inftrees.o: In function `inflate_table':
inftrees.c:(.text+0x1d): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
inftrees.c:(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
inftrees.c:(.text+0x53a): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
bam: link returned error number 256

The older version 0.3.1 compiles without a problem. And after i've read this:

Depending on what you are building, you will need different dependencies. Python is required for anything to build. For the server there are no other dependencies.

i don't think that i have some missing depencies because i build the server only (with bam server_release)

Any hints how we can solve this problem? Thanks in advance for an reply.

You need to remove the stack protector stuff from default.bam. seems like it's quite a new feature in gcc.

Hi matricks,

thanks for your reply. This works now without a problem after i've removed this in the default.bam:

-fstack-protector -fstack-protector-all

big_smile