1 (edited by Landil 2008-02-21 19:51:48)

Topic: [Request] Ignore Forumuser

As the subject says:
If it's somehow possible ... I DO need an ignore function in the forum.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Re: [Request] Ignore Forumuser

hmmm I could imagine of whom ur talking about.... me and daniel tongue

but its a great idea

Don't read the damn posts then ... How do you imagine such ignoring to work? Each post can build a context for other discussions, it's a nonsense to ignore a person.

The proxy of death / noWai!

dont think so.... speaking of posts like "great" and "nice work"....

also speaking of Niko_psk he spams all over the forum

Ergo Proxy wrote:

Don't read the damn posts then ... How do you imagine such ignoring to work? Each post can build a context for other discussions, it's a nonsense to ignore a person.

I think it's just a bad idea to ignore someone, i agree with you...

aka oop²

Ya, even if you feel none of their posts are relevant to anything what happens when they say something, then someone replies to what they said? your not going to have any clue what they are talking about.

<JB4> hehe <3 matricks (not in a gay way though) <matricks> awww sad <JB4> thats wrong I'm friggen 15... <matricks> thats legal here in sweden big_smile

7 (edited by ShootMe 2008-02-22 02:37:24)

In the end the mods are the ones who will clean up the forums from spam and such.

8 (edited by nikoPSK 2008-02-22 05:23:09)

Struppi wrote:

dont think so.... speaking of posts like "great" and "nice work"....

also speaking of Niko_psk he spams all over the forum

Oh thanks, you typed my username wrong too. Explain spam. Spam is advertising of products. I cleaned up my double posts as mentioned. Happy now? smile

EDIT: and if you have problems with me saying thanks to users in recognition of them, add a thanks plugin.

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

OK, this thread isn't going anywhere.

The feature to ignore users might be available as a punBB plugin, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. If you feel provoked by someone, simply don't take the bait. If what that person wrote was bad enough to violate forum rules (one of which is "be nice," btw) he will be dealt with by our moderators.

Simple as that.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Used to be very active waay back

Have to admit its neurotic in y case.... but i dont like if u (Niko) posts in a thread wich is outdated since 2 months.

Spam is Offtopic/non sense/useless.

Ive read many post of urs which doesnt have an idea how to solve problms us just admit, that this is a ajor bug or u dont write any thing that wold help.

Sorry i dont like this.

I will not be offensive but i still dont have to like u. its my opinion.

BTT:I would prefer this function

12 (edited by nikoPSK 2008-02-22 17:52:20)

Struppi wrote:

Have to admit its neurotic in y case.... but i dont like if u (Niko) posts in a thread wich is outdated since 2 months.

Spam is Offtopic/non sense/useless.

Ive read many post of urs which doesnt have an idea how to solve problms us just admit, that this is a ajor bug or u dont write any thing that wold help.

Sorry i dont like this.

I will not be offensive but i still dont have to like u. its my opinion.

BTT:I would prefer this function

I like posting in old topics if they are worthwhile. It's not bumping. I would also appreciate if you spoke in proper English. I do post quite a bit at forums:

http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=378521
http://nathangrubb.freehostia.com/bb/me … amp;uid=11

And others. I do not see posts as a rank though. I don't see why you wouldn't like me, but I guess you have your ways. I do not wish to start a flame war here so I will not post in this thread any longer.

What did I just say?

Please don't use the official forums for settling disputes. We're going to have to get much tougher on banning members who misbehave if this continues. You're literally wasting valuable time by forcing us to read through nonsense like this.

Final warning: Be nice.

I feel like pointing out that nikoPSK has 22.78 posts per DAY in the second forum and 13.48 posts per day in the first. Looks like a notorious "poster" wink

Thats what i meant bullet.

@teetow: who did u mean?

I meant whomever feels hit by it smile

We've seen bit of a decline in quality and tone of posts in the last few weeks, and it's starting to waste our time. We still try to read everything on these forums, but with all the squabbling it's become a virtual impossibility, meaning the response time and agility of the devs goes down -- and it makes us look bad, even though we're being the nice guys.

This forum is focused primarily on support, and secondarily on community building. Whether or not niko posts 10 or 100 times a day, and whether or not his posts seem relevant to you, it's not very interesting for the rest of us to read -- especially not when you take it to a personal level.

There will be measures implemented to minimize this, but I thought I'd start by asking nicely.

17 (edited by nikoPSK 2008-02-22 22:29:32)

bullet wrote:

I feel like pointing out that nikoPSK has 22.78 posts per DAY in the second forum and 13.48 posts per day in the first. Looks like a notorious "poster" wink

Posts mean nill, Since this is a small forum, it may seem overwhelming to you. I may voice my opinions. Teetow, I know what you mean, and I do feel hit. Struppi, don't attack me. I'm done with this thread.

i doesnt attack u i just wanted to tellmy opinion... i wont attack u or make ur name bad.

U know my point of view know and thats it.... doesnt want to leave the community because of this incident

Okay, thank you for your accord. Just please take into mind that posts mean nothing. (to me at least). I am glad we both understand.

The reason I requested this tool is, that I am sick of looking at my unread forum posts at present. Normally I DO have a look at every post, but I don't wanna waste my time now with posts like "Well I don't have a clue either" or reactivated, senseless, ancient posts.

It lies in human history that there are people who don't get on with each others. (e.g. Kain & Abel) Well, I don't wanna offend anyone, I just don't wanna read anything of some certain persons who produce verbal diarrhoea to my mind. It's like burning everything which reminds you on your former girlfriend, just because thinking of her will bring you to vomit. That's not what I do need.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!