Re: [GRAPHICS] Skin Tutorial (English/German)

I made a skin but i'm wondering. Will other people see me as the custom skin or do i have to somewhow share it with everyone? (i know it seems like a stupid question but hey) or is it like when you go on a new map.

P.S. Your tutorial made everything seem really clear. Thankyou thankyou thankyou indeed!

Only a few worthy enough have ever entered this sig. take my cat for example

You have to share your skin.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

nice work big_smile now even i understand how the program works^^

54 (edited by xNess13x 2009-06-10 16:33:23)

what are the default dimensions for the weapons page?
Also, is there any way i could get an svg for the weapons page? I suck at redrawing D:

-"They call me a monster. A killer. A terrorist. I'm all of these things."
                                                                      -Alex Mercer, Prototype

Hi xNess13x,

This thread is about tee skins and not about game skins. There are several other threads that have answered your question and honestly: If you suck at redrawing, you should train that harder! I strongy encourage you to redraw game.png , just like I did in this video with cammostripes.png. It will improve your skills and give you a neat template for other game.pngs. If this is too hard for you, maybe you should try an easier task, such as following above tutorial.

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Alright man, I honestly tried to find a better place to ask the question, and  It felt more moronic to make a new topic about it, and honestly, I couldn't find this question answered anywhere else either. But besides that, I guess I'll just keep trying then ._.

-Alex Mercer, Prototype

this qestion is really popular now, earlier too.
i dont think that anybody will post the svg on the forum.
but i could send u privately one.

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

[Lappi's private lessons in using the search function]
I don't know why you have not found this topic: _[REQUEST] for a game..svg, maybe you should optimize your search strategy. Using "game.png" as a keyword lists this topic in the top 10 results. Honestly, it's not very demanding to check those, is it?
[/Lappi's private lessons in using the search function]

I don't know how I didn't find it o.o

but either way, I practically gave up trying to redraw it, because being (self-diagnosed tongue) OCD, it pisses me off when it isn't perfect. oh wellz.

-Alex Mercer, Prototype

I have a problem I can't use the difference tool .... explanation : when I press Ctrl - It does nothing to the background layer I mean it is still the same even though I followed all your instructions nevertheless your tutorial is very good I watched all the videos and read all the texts and now there is nothing stopping from creating skins but my creativity and this difference tool big_smile. Anyways, when I'll be a bit more experienced I'll make the same tutorial in french and in English cos the sound is crappy (sorry if it 's harsh but the words are cut and the sound quality is bad), this is for the structure tutorial, despite that your structure tutorial is very clear but due to the words being cut off it is long .

splinter cell conviction will never outshine chaos theory!!!

Well.. I need help.. I have a new or old version of Inkscape because when i do like the video and wanna add those stripes, i end up whit this hmm
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8393/helptee.th.png
I really wanna learn how to make Tee Skins, but i can't because it's an other version D:

Ingame name: ~TL~ Noyoshi ~ Jr.
Clan: TinaLand

Select the tab "Grids".

aka cheesy

I did it like in the video...but when i play with the skin, the border of it is pixelig....how can i fix that?

Lappi's answer <<click me>>

You can use the dilate tool, too.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

how you 'select' the feet and put in and that? it's so loud here everytime so i can't koncentrate reading, i got a problem in my mind with that hmm

Normal day at school than oh MY GOD YOUR ALMOST HIT BY A RANdom truck.

AWESOME! thanks alot, but still i suck at painting the feet and hands xD

Normal day at school than oh MY GOD YOUR ALMOST HIT BY A RANdom truck.

Nice work wink

Sry for my bad english,i come from germany.

Thanks. Someday I will do another one, combining both - structure and Inkscape tutorial. So if you've got any constructive ideas, post them here or update the tutorial @teewiki.

Very thanks to your nice Turotial Lappi. First i thought i can't make something with inkscape But now its very nice. My problem is : If i make a Skin with your skin-structure.png and wanna play instagib with it, the half skin is black ... it's very bad smile

Thanks again...

sry 4 bad english i'm german

Gorri wrote:

Very thanks to your nice Turotial Lappi. First i thought i can't make something with inkscape But now its very nice. My problem is : If i make a Skin with your skin-structure.png and wanna play instagib with it, the half skin is black ... it's very bad smile

Thanks again...

sry 4 bad english i'm german

?
dunno what the prob is. However, try this one here:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3895

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

71 (edited by Gorri 2010-02-20 22:28:14)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1502/screenshot0163.png

you see, it must be Red but a part of this is black... -.-

I am sorry that I do not get your point. Which part is not as intended? Please try to paraphrase your problem and provide a link to the skin file for which the error occurs.

Please take notice of this comment: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 9745#p9745

Consider that playing CTF or TDM with the normal (so called vanilla) client will result in a coloured skin (red or blue, depending on your team colour). Using a modded client might result in a different behaviour.

i know the point with the coulours ( Good instagibplayer). The problem is no more interesting smile

I make my skins without skin structure smile I just make is with default skin and the grid in the backgrund but thanks for your need to help big_smile

Thanks! My first skin.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6564/ffuu.png

I'm evil Butt Crusher (_Y_).

I see u cut good smile And i see u liked my art wink Credits ? xD

I'll show you Kuzma's mother!(c)Nikita Hrushev
DarkMarta - Artist. cool
Rise up, and dont you fall down again... Rise up, its time we break the chains.