1 (edited by analog 2011-03-17 02:21:53)

Topic: [MAP] alias*'s maps

This is my map thread. I hope you have fun on my maps, but lighten up on criticism, I am doing the first map.

DM MAPS

dm_midnight

My second map, worked 1.3 hours on it.
A small DM map, in which at the moment, the moon has risen to its highest point. Not even a wind blows to rustle the trees. There is no movement. Then, a flash. A boom. Peering over the bushes,  you could see the silence being broken--three tees at battle.
EXTRA NOTES: I, once again, worked on the movement before the looks. YES. I did test it. You might find elements on   ctf2 that are in this map also. You can play on CTF also.

Recommended Players: 2 or 3

Screenshots:

Without Gamelayer

With Gamelayer

Download

Click Me Hard!

beachbattle

My third, worked 4 - 5 hours on it.
What a nice beach landscape. No litter too, except for the little of pistols and shotgun shells. I hope that doesn't count. I don't mind it. It doesnt look like the tee's mind it either.
EXTRA NOTES: I, for once, made the pictures look more important to me than the movement. YES. I did test it. There was a separate topic. But that was for bugsearch.

Recommended Players: 3 - 6

Screenshots:

With Gamelayer

Download

Click Me Hard!

dm_jungle

A really quick map i made in 15 minutes! I think its nice...but its up to you to decide if it is or not. I tried to make the map official-like.

Recommended Players: 2 - 4

Screenshots:

Generic Screenshot

Download

Click Me Hard!

dm_lostplanet
A fairly small DM map, worked 0.7 hours on it. Where am I? That is an unanswered question that has been asked by many tees. We don't know for sure, except that this planet was meant to kill.

Recommended Players: 2 or 3

Screenshots:

Without Gamelayer

With Gamelayer

Download

Click Me Hard!

CTF MAPS

ctf_junglerain

My first map, worked 1.5 hours on it.
A relatively small ctf map, hidden away in the depths of the jungle. A raining storm is beginning to set in, just before the battle between red and blue begins.
EXTRA NOTES: I worked extra hard on the movement, see if you can find elements from ctf1, ctf2, and dm1 (;

Recommended Players:
2 vs. 2 / 3 vs. 3

Screenshots:

With Gamelayer
Without Gamelayer

Download

Click Me Hard!

ctf2.3v3

My fourth map, worked 1 hour on it.
Winter is finally here! Snow is falling! Icicles forming! Snowtees! But wait. There's something wrong with this peaceful, winter landscape. There are dead tees everywhere, sprawled along with a bunch of weapons! A medium sized fun map. It is great for all fans of ctf2!
EXTRA NOTES: I didn't copy/paste anything from ctf2. This is all hand made, but not brain-made. It's a compilation of the best parts of ctf2, shrunk for 3v3.

Recommended Players:
2 vs. 2 / 3 vs. 3 / 4 vs. 4

Screenshots:

Left Side

Middle

Right Side

Download

Click Me Hard!

ctf_deep_jungle

My map, worked 1.5 hours on it.
High in the mountains, deep in the moist jungles, it is hard to breathe. But who needs breathing, when we don't even have mouths? Besides--you won't have much time to breathe in this fast-paced, ctf map. Please report bugs.

Recommended Players:
3 vs. 3 - 4 vs. 4

Screenshots:

With Gamelayer
Without Gamelayer

Download

Click Me Hard!

ctfnoob

Another map from me.. worked 1 hour on it.
Watch your step! A floating island, thousands of feet in the air.

Recommended Players:
2 vs. 2 - 3 vs. 3

Screenshots:

With Gamelayer
Without Gamelayer

Download

Click Me Hard!

Re: [MAP] alias*'s maps

@ Captain AMN -
I think you say that because of the thing at the bottom middle . I edit my map post to say you that i took elements from DM1, CTF2, and CTF1 . and the fantasy thing, i  sure it will improve as i make more maps.

Also, I added DM map to the post. I hope you like it , i worked alot on movement and advantages over running again.

I liked the 1st DM map. But really - there are to much hearts and shields...Tees need to die
sometime big_smile

Before you come to any conclusion - try walking in my shoes - You'll keep stuble in my footsteps...

4 (edited by a' 2010-02-03 08:06:28)

I agree. From my personal experience, it's quite easy for skilled players to run away, and with a map as huge as dm_midnight, you ain't gonna catch them until they are soaked with health and armor again, even if you're a skilled player yourself. Also, even when you'd be playing the map with more people, I think the placement of all the resources lacks a bit in strategical depth. In a way, they are just everywhere, oftentimes even in close proximity to a weapon, so there is no choice whether one takes the weapon or the health/armour. Also, when you look at dm1, you see that the biggest chunk of health is at quite a risky position and you have to fight yourself into a favourable position to be really able to get it safely. Contrary, as already mentioned, on dm_midnight it seems you could always just run away and grab as much health-ups as you'd like.

I like your flavour-texts btw ^_^

i updated the thingie. Added 3 more maps, (1 from other post). Comment! Thanks

added 2 more maps again.!

no comments? sad

WOW, your maps are very very good!
You are a great mapper!

I like "dangerous_ice_cliffs".     Good on you! :3

Your maps are very good, some of them could (maybe) get official!?!?

Seems like you are very talented! Keep it goin' smile

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

i have updated my maps!

(changed ice cliffs to a jungle theme, i didnt like what it looked like.)

added "ctf_deep_forest"
added "ctfnoob"
added "dm_lost_planet"

please comment and enjoy!