Topic: Non grabbable blocks?

Hi,

Are there any blocks that are non grabbable with the grapling hook? I would like to make a wall that the player can not climb... But i get the impression it's currently not possible to do!?

Greetz,
munyul

Re: Non grabbable blocks?

Not in the current version... we have talked about adding it though.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

And what about lethal blocks? big_smile

kann nix kann alles
irc: fedeago_UTzone
teelove

I don't think non-grabbable tiles is a very good idea...
Pretty soon there will be a huge load of maps where you can fall into a pit and not get up again.

Used to be very active waay back

FireArrow wrote:

Pretty soon there will be a huge load of maps where you can fall into a pit and not get up again.

Non grabbable blocks are a GREAT idea if they are used correctly!

If a mapper creates a map with pits you can't get out of (which would suck), then you don't need to play it... The choice of which maps you play still remains with you! Like any of the current maps, if you don't like it, don't play it!

Cheers,

munyul wrote:
FireArrow wrote:

Non grabbable blocks are a GREAT idea if they are used correctly!

If a mapper creates a map with pits you can't get out of (which would suck), then you don't need to play it... The choice of which maps you play still remains with you! Like any of the current maps, if you don't like it, don't play it!

Cheers,

I agree. That people can make mistakes with it is no reason not too include it. If the situation occurs, just tell the designer too fix it in a new version of the map. Might even be a good thing, promoting that people actually work on their maps.

It would need too be clear graphically that a tile can´t be hooked though, or it would feel random.

Dreamy wrote:

It would need too be clear graphically that a tile can´t be hooked though, or it would feel random.

I would prefer having a transparent tile being ungrabbable, this way the mapper can decide which tiles in his/her map are to be ungrabbable. In the pattern selection, they could be transparent red tiles (possibly marked with "player clip" like in the Quake editors), however in the game they wouldn't be seen.

Cheers,

Movable blocks would be cool too. smile Though if too many things are added to teewars it becomes big and chaotic.. sad

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

9 (edited by Chrono Syndrome 2008-02-22 09:29:11)

Though if too many things are added to teewars it becomes big and chaotic..

Depends on things and adders)).
And yes, movable blocks will be fun.

Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)